View Full Version : Legal Age To Travel Abroad Alone?

13th October 2005, 21:12
Any one know? I have been lookng on the net for the past half hour :yawn:

13th October 2005, 21:15
depends where you're going?

i don't think they really check on planes, i know kids (12 year olds) that have gone on their own and met their grandparents at the other end. not sure if you're booking a package though.

13th October 2005, 21:20

Suffolk Punch
13th October 2005, 21:41
I think as long as you have parental permission you should be able to go at 13, might depend on if you have someone to meet there though. This is only a guess though

13th October 2005, 21:57
u av 2 b 18 2 bok the holiday n if ur younger u need your pernts permisson

ecfc girl
13th October 2005, 22:00
u av 2 b 18 2 bok the holiday n if ur younger u need your pernts permisson

Can someone please translate this for me?

13th October 2005, 22:06
Can someone please translate this for me?

No probs.

'I'm a retard'

13th October 2005, 22:07
Can someone please translate this for me?

You have to be 18 to book the holiday and if you are younger you need kermits permission.


14th October 2005, 01:12
Up to 11yo you must be accompanied by an adult (16 or over), but they don't have to me a member of your family. If not, they have to have something legally signed to say they are responsible for the child. 12-15 and they can fly unaccompanied, but the airline will escort them from where you drop them off to the plane, and vice-versa when they land. Actually, not all airlines offer that, but most do. BA and Virgin certainly do. You might find some of the cheaper airlines (like ones that don't allow blind people to travel :laugh: ) don't.

14th October 2005, 01:13
Oh, and this is flying alone. If you are talking about going on your own to see the world, I believe 16.

great white
14th October 2005, 02:40
u av 2 b 18 2 bok the holiday n if ur younger u need your pernts permissonCan I pull the trigger??... :smokin:

14th October 2005, 03:02
Smoke him! :smokin:

15th October 2005, 20:42
Ok me and a mate want to book up I am currently 15 i'm 16 next month can I book a holiday and travel alone then? My mate isn't 16 until August but we don't plan on going until next december or so, so she will be old enough, can we go or is it 18 is what i'm asking?

great white
15th October 2005, 22:32
Why don't you just ask the bloody travel agent..or if doing it online read the terms and conditions of booking before going any further.......

For instance this is Flybe's stance...

Rules and regulations
It is not acceptable for a child under 12 years to be travelling with a companion who is aged between 12-16 years. In this instance, the child will still be considered to be unaccompanied and the supervision fee charged accordingly. It is recommended that unaccompanied children check-in for their flights at least 1 hour before departure. Travel will not be guaranteed to a child that has not been confirmed as an unaccompanied minor by Flybe. Flybe is a point-to-point airline and unaccompanied children will not be accepted on any flights booked as connections. Flybe does not guarantee transfers between flights. Any onward flights booked are entirely at the passengers risk. Identification of Escort on departure/arrival will be checked (and the child signed for) in line with current policy. If the child is not travelling with their parent or legal guardian, the child should carry their own ID. If there is no ID available for the child please contact Flybe in advance sending a copy of photo ID from parents and confirmation that child is travelling with their consent. Passengers who are aged between 12 and 16 who are not traveling under the Flybe Unaccompanied Minors scheme will require their own photographic ID. Please contact the flybe Customer Call Centre on 0871 700 0535 (calls cost 10p per minute; calls from mobiles and some networks may be higher) if you do not possess a form of photographic ID for further advice.

Documentary requirements for passengers on International flights will remain as before - i.e. a valid passport or national identity card along with other documentation such as a visa if required.

Spanish and French children under 18 years traveling without their parents/legal guardians and with an ID card must have a form of written authorization to travel from their parents. The form should be collected from their local police station, which must then be presented with their ID card at the check-in desk and at passport control. If the child does not have this form the passport control officers will refuse travel. Children traveling on their own valid passports do not require the parental consent form. A Family Book (Livret de Famille) is not sufficient ID for a child/infant to travel on international flights.

Portuguese nationals and alien residents under 18 years and leaving or re-entering Portugal unaccompanied by their father, mother or legal guardian also need a travel authorization. The travel authorization must be signed by the father, mother or legal guardian (If the father, mother or legal guardian reside in Portugal the signature must be notarized). Finally the signature must be authenticated by a Portuguese embassy / consulate in the country where the father, mother or legal guardian do reside.

When a person other than their father, mother or legal guardian accompanies the minor(s) this travel authorization is also required. In such cases the travel authorization must also clearly show the name of the accompanying person. Foreign minors under 18 years and traveling alone may be refused entry if they do not have anyone in Portugal taking responsibility for their stay.

Damien Duff
15th October 2005, 22:43
Are you planning on sending me away?

15th October 2005, 23:03
Your not worth the flight cost... so 16 is classed as an adult with flybe? I'm confused, can someone just tell me, can I fly and stay in a hotel abroad when I am 16 without anyone older?

great white
15th October 2005, 23:18
can I fly and stay in a hotel abroad when I am 16 without anyone older?Are you really as feckin' thick as you are coming across as?......Ask your travel agent or check the terms and conditions of the company you are booking with if doing so online as I've already said.....note in the Flybe terms if going to Portugal and under 18 and unaccompanied you may be refused entry...

Look it up yourself you lazy Cornish donkey shagger......

17th October 2005, 12:31
u av 2 b 18 2 bok the holiday n if ur younger u need your pernts permisson

Either you are very deaf or very dense... I shall NOT say it again.

plZ n0 t3xt sp3@k1ng sh1t