Bloomfield Road - Blackpool

How Easy Was It To Find?

Went on the coach, so it was easy but we were at the beach all day before hand and it was only a 5-10 minute walk away from the Tower, so it was very easy.

Car Parking?

Seemed to be plenty about, didn't see how much it was but there were alot of spaces near the ground and plenty around the beach.

View and comfort?

The view wasn't bad, but I was almost on the back row and fortunately we were allowed to stand, otherwise I don't think it would have been great.

The comfort wasn't great as it's a poor away end, just scaffolding with seats basically!

Catering?

There was a burger van near the toilets at the away end, not alot on offer really but it was nice.

Atmosphere From Home Fans and away fans is it easy to create a good atmosphere in the away end?

The home fans were brilliant, never stopped singing throughout and it was a complete sellout.

It's hard to create an atmosphere on the away end, especially when it's as windy as it was with no roof!

Pubs, Things To Do Nearby?

As it's next to the beach there is loads to do, Pleasure beach etc. So it's not bad if you get there early enough.

Overall score out Of 10?

I'd say 5/10.

It's got 2 good sides, and the atmosphere is good from the home fans but the away end is awful and especially when the weather isn't great.

It's a good day out though which helps!

Quote Originally Posted by DazAwayBlade88 View Post
    It's a good day out though which helps!
    You having a laugh!?

No, Blackpool is a top day out!

Quote Originally Posted by swfc_babe85 View Post
    No, Blackpool is a top day out!
    Not at the end of December it's not. Hammered it down last season there - not good at all.
    Sig removed by Admin - too large.

Banned
    How Easy Was It To Find?

Very. i got the Train to Blackpool South Station and you can see one of the New Stands from the Bridge. about 5 mins walk.

Car Parking?

Seemed to be a fair bit, being a seaside resort loads of Car Parks.

View and comfort?

Not bad View from down the side which i prefer. Comfort - er pass, it's a Temporary stand! it was cold, but at least it didn't rain. and they let us stand after various bizarre requests like "Don't play with the seats"

Catering?

Burger Van near the Toilets and Turnstiles. also 3.50 for a Programme! i thought Charlton was bad at 5..

Atmosphere From Home Fans and away fans - is it easy to create a good atmosphere in the away end?

So-So. Blackpool are one of those teams who need a Drum to get the Singing going. the Quality of the game didn't help. not much atmosphere in our end, due to lack of cover, but the players could hear us and we could hear them!

Pubs, Things To Do Nearby?

Loads. about Six or Seven pubs within a mile. i went in the Auctioneer(Wetherspoons), one of the better ones, Cheap Real Ale. every time i go to Blackpool there's things i keep finding. there seemed to be a mini town centre around the South Shore area.

Overall score out Of 10?

7/10 - Good day out spoiled by the Football as usual..

Thread Information