Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Scouted

Getting Scouted

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get scouted or know anyone who has been given a trial by a Premier Team, the only information I could find was at www.sj-football.co.uk it's not great but for a free resource I suppose it gives a few decent tips

very hard to get scouted for a premiership team, i got scouted for a few championship teams, they are generally easier to get trials with, how old are you?

Blog Entries
    You're deluded if you think you're gonna walk right into a prem youth set up. Try getting in at a league 2 club. If you're any good, you'll get picked up by the big boys. The likes of Chelsea etc steal youngsters all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy 2711 View Post
    very hard to get scouted for a premiership team, i got scouted for a few championship teams, they are generally easier to get trials with, how old are you?
    I am 16, 17 in March

If you where good enough, you would have already been scouted. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BRFCFOREUROPE! View Post
    True

Blog Entries
    Not necessarily true. Plenty of good players come into the game late. Just depends how old he is. If he wants it enough it could happen. Look at Vinnie Jones. No talent, all determination.

You could do it the old fashion way... sit out side the training ground/youth academy every day 8am-3pm with a sign "Please i want a trail" and refuse to move until they do.

Changes are very slim now!

good luck.

From what I remember it's Walsall who are very open to this kind of thing. They did that DVD that got you a trial. Not sure how you'll cope but worth a shot.
    Sig removed by Admin - too large.

Blog Entries
    Stockport did a thing like Chelsea did on sky but you had more chance of getting a contract.

Old blue eyes
    I played for Fulham under 13's when I was 12.

Formerly Manutdlegend
    And you're a Chelsea fan.... Traitor

Depends how local you are to teams and if a professional club actually comes to see your matches. You need to be in a decent team first. I used to play for an amateur team and got scouted for Wigan. Played for them for 2 years then moved to Blackburn Rover's and due to being young and at the time i had to train with the older age group as i was too young to play for their academy so i could have trained with them for a year and then play for their academy so i went back to Wigan and continued with them for another year and half and then ****ed my knee up so got released when i was 16. Used to play semi pro but had another knee injury so quit football and now work with Blackburn Rovers as a sports analyst.

I personally think at your age you are more or less past the scouting days due to teams picking up players from 12-15.

Don't listen to the "never" brigade,anything is possible (assuming you can actually play).At 16 you must have some team experience,who have you played for?

Blue view
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie*CUFC View Post
    Look at Vinnie Jones. No talent, all determination.
    True.

But how many Vinnie Jones's would get into the Premier League now?

Having said that Joey Barton managed it.

Quote Originally Posted by dicanio101 View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas about how to get scouted or know anyone who has been given a trial by a Premier Team, the only information I could find was at www.sj-football.co.uk it's not great but for a free resource I suppose it gives a few decent tips
    My Young cousin was scouted by word of mouth and newspaper reports in Sunderland. He was scoring 50 odd goals a season mind at under 12 level Easiest way is to either have people who write the reports for the local press (usually team manager) to include you every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Bent
    "We beat Liverpool, we drew with United, and now we've beaten Arsenal, and none of that is a fluke."

[QUOTE=BRFCFOREUROPE!;2759830]If you where good enough, you would have already been scouted. Sorry.[/QUO

No hes not Roy Keane, Stuart Pearce, Paul Mcgrath,Ian Wright to name just a few and they have had fairly decent careers wouldnt you say so?

Keep working away mate...all day everyday....more time with the ball and learning about the game than maybe being on the computer.Best of luck!

[QUOTE=thekidme;2761694]
    If you where good enough, you would have already been scouted. Sorry.[/QUO

No hes not Roy Keane, Stuart Pearce, Paul Mcgrath,Ian Wright to name just a few and they have had fairly decent careers wouldnt you say so?

Keep working away mate...all day everyday....more time with the ball and learning about the game than maybe being on the computer.Best of luck!
    Slightly different now with the money being spent on academies but i agree stick in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Bent
    "We beat Liverpool, we drew with United, and now we've beaten Arsenal, and none of that is a fluke."

Banned
    Not true.

Banned
    I have been at Tottenham on trial a couple of years ago, but didn't get in, when I should have actually (forgive me for being arrogant). This was through my manager who has links to a local academy which has links with many professional clubs in the surrounding region and can organise trials.

I wouldn't go for a Premiership team now, it would be too hard. You won't just walk into their set-up and they'll generally just give a firm NO if you ask for a trial. Any set-up from Championship and below is generally easier, as they'd have had all their stars poached by the big boys. You could always write to your local lower league clubs and ask them. I know a few people did this, and the clubs said "yes" to them. Then, if your a shining light in the team, then the Premiership boys will come sucking your cock begging you to join their team and wither on the bench.

Oh, and if this fails, there's also the route of starting at semi-pro. A few players and ex-players from my Sunday 11-a-side team are playing for teams at non-league level. I think one plays for Thurrock, one for St. Albans etc. etc.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information