Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Orly?

Post Premiership spending 5 year period

Ever wandered how much Chelsea are spending?

How much Arsenal don't spend a year on transfers or generally what order the Premiership teams come in in terms of annual spending on new players well here it is.

Now for those of you ladies who believe Chelsea to be the club ruining the Premiership bare in mind how this year the values of Manchester United, Liverpool and Spurs are all peaking whereas Chelseas have levelled off.

I admit no excuse to be paying 250 million on men to kick a ball and I'm the first to admit that it is an absolute insane amount of money but well this is football, it'll up the competition and up the potential talent wanting to come into this country. All in all enjoy the statistics and people I know you love us but please let's keep this a Premiership discussion not a "ARG we are morons we hate Chelsea".
    If ya wanna do that kindly PM your response to JTG.

The one which stands out is Arsenal. Absolutely incredible! They have come close to a Prem title and Champs League in that time.

On first glance, Tottenham's figures don't make great reading although they had a much bigger gap to bridge in the first place and have managed tow fifth places and a Carling Cup so all in all not bad for the Spuds. And Man Utd have spent well bearing in mind their success of the last two years.

But's Liverpool's gives me a good chuckle! One lucky Champs League win, a Champs League runners-up but nowhere closer to that elusive Premiership title.

I'm Akny Gooner bitch. Akny Gooner's Avatar

A profit over 5 years. Gotta love the 'Arsenal way'
    Sanchez - 35m, Debuchy - 12m, Ospina - 3.2m, Chambers - 16m, Welbeck - 16m
    Djourou - 2.5m, Vela - 12m, Vermaelen - 15m, Miquel - 1.5m
    51.2 million spent

Orly?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rising Sun View Post
    The one which stands out is Arsenal. Absolutely incredible! They have come close to a Prem title and Champs League in that time.

On first glance, Tottenham's figures don't make great reading although they had a much bigger gap to bridge in the first place and have managed tow fifth places and a Carling Cup so all in all not bad for the Spuds. And Man Utd have spent well bearing in mind their success of the last two years.

But's Liverpool's gives me a good chuckle! One lucky Champs League win, a Champs League runners-up but nowhere closer to that elusive Premiership title.
    I'd be prepared to man your Chelsea defences for tomorrow haha. No doubt we'll be the top of discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Crespo2006 View Post
    I'd be prepared to man your Chelsea defences for tomorrow haha. No doubt we'll be the top of discussion
    Yes, I can hear them already! Still, we spent a lot but were successful at least. Two Premier League Titles, a Champs League runners up, FA/Carling Cups. And numerous 2nd places/semi finals. Scolari will probably win something next season too even if it is just the Carling Cup. And like Tottenham we had a bigger gap to bridge in the first place.

Orly?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rising Sun View Post
    Yes, I can hear them already! Still, we spent a lot but were successful at least. Two Premier League Titles, a Champs League runners up, FA/Carling Cups. And numerous 2nd places/semi finals. Scolari will probably win something next season too even if it is just the Carling Cup. And like Tottenham we had a bigger gap to bridge in the first place.
    Oh yes but despite our success we are (apparently) the reason for the Premierships ruining (I'm pretty sure we still have the best league in the world?) so whatever we won it does not accumulate to anything against Liverpools history (Note the word history) and whatever we do and whoever we buy the loyal Utd fans from across Europe and everywhere except Old Trafford will attempt to blame us for buying the league they dominated for such a long time.

However I do for this time period admire the transactions Wenger as made, it's just ashame of all his minor signings and youth players....well none were really all that English.

Quote Originally Posted by Crespo2006 View Post
    Oh yes but despite our success we are (apparently) the reason for the Premierships ruining (I'm pretty sure we still have the best league in the world?) so whatever we won it does not accumulate to anything against Liverpools history (Note the word history) and whatever we do and whoever we buy the loyal Utd fans from across Europe and everywhere except Old Trafford will attempt to blame us for buying the league they dominated for such a long time.

However I do for this time period admire the transactions Wenger as made, it's just ashame of all his minor signings and youth players....well none were really all that English.
    Agree on both counts. I think it's far better to have another team challenging for the title however it's done. I mean that. If, say, Thaksin and Hughes can emulate Chelsea's success then great. The more fun it will be as a spectator and the more dramatic the league will be overall.

I do admire Arsenal in most ways but that is their only real downside. If Chelsea didn't have some prominent English players I'd honestly stop bothering going to the Bridge.

Oh and though it pains me to say, I think West Ham have done well bearing in mind they have re-established themselves as a Premiership team.

That chart takes into account players sold as well then, yes??

I just find it funny seeing Liverpool up there.

And this table is already out of date - We havent spent anything this summer yet!! So I bet Spurs are above us

It to a certain extent proves the age old adage "money does not by you success". Obviously Man U can lay claims to refute the adage given their spending and success; however it does appear that an astute manager with a keen eye for talent is worth far more to a club than a manager that buy players on reputation alone and the normally overinflated prices attached.

As an aside Martin Hughes and Blackburn on the figures have done an outstanding job given their consistency in the prem in the last 2 years and European advances. Man City fans should be pleased - and Man U fans disappointed as I would have thought he would have been a great successor to Sir Alex (although Roy Keane will no doubt be adequate when the time comes).

Shouting abuse since 1985 kopkiwi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post

And this table is already out of date - We havent spent anything this summer yet!! So I bet Spurs are above us
    Why? Nearly half of that came last season with two players who have shown their quality.

What you should really find funny is the gap between first and second.

i find it funny when chelski supporter say liverpool cant even win the leauge with the spending we have done but you cant even win the champions leauge with the spending you have done and the summer we won it you spent around what 137 mill more then us but by this table it shows that no team can realy say anything other then arsenal and there figure is just amazeing and shows they do have the best coach truly.
    Liverpool the real reds

Quote Originally Posted by Hirdy35 View Post
    It to a certain extent proves the age old adage "money does not by you success". Obviously Man U can lay claims to refute the adage given their spending and success; however it does appear that an astute manager with a keen eye for talent is worth far more to a club than a manager that buy players on reputation alone and the normally overinflated prices attached.

As an aside Martin Hughes and Blackburn on the figures have done an outstanding job given their consistency in the prem in the last 2 years and European advances. Man City fans should be pleased - and Man U fans disappointed as I would have thought he would have been a great successor to Sir Alex (although Roy Keane will no doubt be adequate when the time comes).
    but what have arsenal won in the past 5 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post

Where does it show the 08-09 season figures on this list? The 07-08 spending would have related to last summer and the January 08 transfer window.

this is stupidly wrong

we've actually spent almost 100M alone in the last 15 months or so. 40M last summer, 22M in January and about 30M so far in this window.
    even if it's NET spending Spurs are more than 59M in a 5 year period.

Source is soccerbase, which we've proven to be shite in the past.

We've won it 5 times!!!! lfcarmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeskeppi View Post
    Source is soccerbase, which we've proven to be shite in the past.
    i was about to say are those figures even accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC Maz View Post
    Where does it show the 08-09 season figures on this list? The 07-08 spending would have related to last summer and the January 08 transfer window.
    How can it show 08-09 season figures when the transfer window doen't shut untill 31st Aug

Why is it highlighting only City?

Quote Originally Posted by rafasarmy View Post
    i was about to say are those figures even accurate?
    hmm, to be fair they have 4 sources, not just soccerbase.

It's probably about as accurate as it can possibly be based on public knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by mancityfan8496 View Post
    Why is it highlighting only City?
    because the .jpg was taken from a city site (purelymancity.com).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information