Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bury FC Fans.

Bury FC Fans.

Hello Shakers,a question please,what do you think of FC United?

Cheers,

Basel of Bristol Rovers.

Scummers!

Man UTD fans on a day off!

Abit of a joke really, I believe they had a crowd of 900 last wednesday for their game at Gigg v Boston.

Their crowds are going down and they always have a big drop whenever Utd play.

They have been shown up really for the childish abuse they give the glaziers and it has backfired now that success has been achieved under them.

And as I side note FC Utd fans treat the community with utter contempt. They vandalise, litter and generally act like thugs whenever they play.

In all honesty they will die a death sooner rather than later in my eyes. They will probably still be around but they will fall out of the spotlight.

Up the Shakers!

Thanks for the replies.

Can`t say i`m a fan of them at all,infact i agree with your views.

Good luck to the Shakers,the real club of Gigg Lane!

We own League 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakers4eva View Post
    Abit of a joke really, I believe they had a crowd of 900 last wednesday for their game at Gigg v Boston.

They have been shown up really for the childish abuse they give the glaziers and it has backfired now that success has been achieved under them.

And as I side note FC Utd fans treat the community with utter contempt. They vandalise, litter and generally act like thugs whenever they play.

In all honesty they will die a death sooner rather than later in my eyes. They will probably still be around but they will fall out of the spotlight.
    Hope so, always thoght the crowds would drop as soon as there not winning the league every year. Hope they never get anywere close to the football league.

I think that they have found their true level TBH.

And with crowds dropping, money will be tighter which means in turn wages will have to be cut and the better players will be out of reach.

Whos knows I might be wrong and they might kick on further.

I've been to a few of there games when they've played Bradford Park Avenue and they are just a bunch of hooligans who are either banned from Man U or can't afford tickets or just can't be arsed with Man U, hiding behind all the Glazier shite for watching FC United. Most of them weren't actually that bothered about the result and just spent the whole match singing really pointless songs and vandalising the stadium.

I really hope they do die!

Barnet on tour
    Their crowds are almost identical to last season. They got 2800 vs Boston, which is incidentally 700 more than Bury managed for their last home game.

You will be waiting a long time for them to die.....
    Last edited by BARNETFAN1; 30th November 2008 at 20:43.
    Grounds visited - 139 (60 Football League)
    Last New Ground - Farnborough North End - Cody Sports Ground
    Last Game - Barnet 1-2 Port Vale - Underhill

Their average attendance is just over 2000 if Im not mistaken but Im only going off what somebody told me.

Someone on our message board said that FC Utd had a crowd of 900 last wednesday. Whether its true or not I dont know and to be honest dont really care.

Barnet on tour
    Grounds visited - 139 (60 Football League)
    Last New Ground - Farnborough North End - Cody Sports Ground
    Last Game - Barnet 1-2 Port Vale - Underhill

Well there you go. In 3 years they have lost 1800 fans. Quite a rapid decline.

Quote Originally Posted by BCFCmcpeake View Post
    I've been to a few of there games when they've played Bradford Park Avenue, Really ? FCUM have only played BPA twice and both games in Bradford were completely trouble free. Not one arrest.
    and they are just a bunch of hooligans
    Really again ?? Since myself and two sons go to games and non of us are hooligans.
    who are either banned from Man U
    Really, yet again. We know most of the FCUM fans and we do not know a single one who are banned from MUFC
    or can't afford tickets
    Yep, priced out long time reds who can now afford to take their families to football matches.
    or just can't be arsed with Man U,
    Really ? You are very illinformed if you think that is true.
    hiding behind all the Glazier shite for watching FC United. Most of them weren't actually that bothered about the result and just spent the whole match singing really pointless songs and vandalising the stadium. I would like to see your evidence of a single act of vandalism on either of the times that FCUM have been to BPA. I tell you right now that you will not be able to find a single newspaper report/statement from BPA/posts on any BPA website or photograph to back up your claims of vandalism, because there is none whatsoever.

I really hope they do die!
    FCUM will be around for a long time yet so don't hold your breath hoping they'll die.

Fair play to you BARNETFAN1 for pointing out that....
    They got 2800 vs Boston, which is incidentally 700 more than Bury managed for their last home game.

Which i noticed got completely ignored.

Bury fans seem to forget that MUFC fans put thousands of pounds into bucket collections outside OT to help save their club a few years ago.
    And i think they'll find that the £300,000 that FCUM have paid Bury over the last three seasons ( £400,000 by the end of this season) has helped keep Bury afloat, paid for a new pitch etc, according to their directors and chairman ( not me).

Shakers4eva, you are probably right, i agree that FCUM have found their level for a few years, most a quite happy about that and this season FCUM will finnish mid table IMO.
    Wages ?? God knows what some people think we pay players ( i don't think any contracted player is on more than £200 per week) but it's nowhere near the wages that some other clubs are paying (BPA for example).

Crowds, yes FCUM had over 3,500 average first season but that total was boosted by a one off figure of over 6,000 for the last game of the season, where kids/oaps/youth groups etc all got free entrance.

Better comparison is the second season figures which reflect actual paying supporters attendances.
    Can't argue that at the moment crowds are slightly down but nothing like the crisis that some people try to paint.

Last edited by RedRed; 1st December 2008 at 04:33.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER
    M.U.F.C.U.M . L.U.H.G

I have no problem with FC Utd playing at Gigg, quite the contrary actually.

The problem is with your supporters who treat the area like a toilet. And who cares if you put money in the buckets outside OT? Your not watching Man Utd.

The 2nd season figures are nothing to go by either. In another 5 years time they will be true figures and if your getting over 2,000 by then, I will be impressed.

My honest opinion. I think its abit of a joke club really. The majority,just an excuse for a group of thugs to get together and has nothing to do with the football

Im sure you do have genuine fans but most are up themselves, and because you have a small tie to Man Utd you think you are better than Bury FC.

Rule Brittania

Awesome post, my thoughts exactly.
    AFC Bournemouth

1996-Forever

Banned
    I work as a coach for Bury Girls and everytime ive been near the ground after a FCUM game i get abuse of there 'fans'. Its by no means all of them but its happened 4 times now so its clear you have your hooligans already.

I remember shortly after they were formed they played Leek CSOB near here.

The word was, they were obnoxious, arrogant, and there were a number looking for fights. Think they're superior because they have United and Manchester in their name. Problem is, they ARE NOT Manchester United!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRed View Post
    FCUM will be around for a long time yet so don't hold your breath hoping they'll die.

Fair play to you BARNETFAN1 for pointing out that....
    They got 2800 vs Boston, which is incidentally 700 more than Bury managed for their last home game.

Which i noticed got completely ignored.

Bury fans seem to forget that MUFC fans put thousands of pounds into bucket collections outside OT to help save their club a few years ago.
    And i think they'll find that the £300,000 that FCUM have paid Bury over the last three seasons ( £400,000 by the end of this season) has helped keep Bury afloat, paid for a new pitch etc, according to their directors and chairman ( not me).

Shakers4eva, you are probably right, i agree that FCUM have found their level for a few years, most a quite happy about that and this season FCUM will finnish mid table IMO.
    Wages ?? God knows what some people think we pay players ( i don't think any contracted player is on more than £200 per week) but it's nowhere near the wages that some other clubs are paying (BPA for example).

Crowds, yes FCUM had over 3,500 average first season but that total was boosted by a one off figure of over 6,000 for the last game of the season, where kids/oaps/youth groups etc all got free entrance.

Better comparison is the second season figures which reflect actual paying supporters attendances.
    Can't argue that at the moment crowds are slightly down but nothing like the crisis that some people try to paint.

I've been every time you've played BPA and yes, they were arrest free but that's because, there were no police! I witnesses a few things though, including... a lot not actually paying and just jumping over the fence, bottles and objects thrown onto the pitch and at the BPA manager when BPA scored, fans actually running onto the pitch and starting on him, also people abusing most of the staff that worked there and most of them jumping on seats, breaking them and trying to rip them out of the ground. Also, is it just a coincedence that you hear stories of the Ointment (our firm) and the Service Crew (Leeds firm) going to BPA matches when FCUM are playing there looking for a meet. I'm sorry, but a lot of the FCUM fans are most definitely thugs.

I've been every time you've played BPA and yes, they were arrest free but that's because, there were no police! I witnesses a few things though, including... a lot not actually paying and just jumping over the fence, bottles and objects thrown onto the pitch and at the BPA manager when BPA scored, fans actually running onto the pitch and starting on him, also people abusing most of the staff that worked there and most of them jumping on seats, breaking them and trying to rip them out of the ground. Also, is it just a coincedence that you hear stories of the Ointment (our firm) and the Service Crew (Leeds firm) going to BPA matches when FCUM are playing there looking for a meet. I'm sorry, but a lot of the FCUM fans are most definitely thugs.
    LMAO, either you were not at either of the games or you walk round with your eyes shut.
    The whole area was swamped with police, horses, dogs, riot vans, both games, and the police helicopter overhead all afternoon.

As for the second part you've proved who has the thug fans, yourself and Leeds. Two "firms" turning up at FC United games looking for trouble.
    FCUM doesn't even have a "firm" unless you count the OAPs and the juniors.

I'll let you continue watching green street now, sorry if i disturbed your night.

LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER
    M.U.F.C.U.M . L.U.H.G

RedRed has dealt with most stuff, so I thought I'd have a word on this one, I've been to every game FC have played at Bradford, I was in the pub at the top of the road when Bradford City's firm turned up and were carted off straight away by the dibble, who'd have thought it West Yorkshire Constabulary doing their job properly.

I've never seen anyone jibbing in at FC games anywhere, never mind BPA, and their have certainly been no complaints from Bradford about the behaviour of our fans.

The incident you mentioned with the meathead who was at the time BPA manager was all his doing, Rory Patterson had been getting some good natured stick from us after his move in the summer, when he scored the first of his two goals, the BPA manager ran from his dugout and started celebrating in front of our fans, he even walked over to confront an FC fan who was shouting at him, that is when the plastic glass got thrown, the wrong thing to do I admit, but not totally unjustified, I was one of the last out of the ground that night and I can assure you there were no broken seats and no signs of any trouble, oh, and Rory Patterson got a standing ovation off us at the end of the game, as did Stuart Rudd.

I was also at Guiseley the other week when about 70 service crew turned up to have a go at a set of supporters comprised mainly of men in their late fourties and kids just intent on having a good time, but we wont go into that.

There were indeed ONLY 936 at the Boston game in the rearranged FA Trophy game on a freezing wednesday night, I couldnt go that night as with a few midweek games I cant get out of work, but lets face it 939 isnt a bad crowd for non league, and we are still averaging over 2000 which isnt bad at all with very little away support most weeks, Boston did bring a bus with them last week and the local Bury fans who tried to get in the Boston end for a scrap decided to put the back window of it through for them, and that information comes from the Bury FC security.

Leek CSOB, I remember it like it was yesterday, over 2000 FC fans were present, it absolutely chucked it down all day till just before half time when the sun came out, the pubs in Leek had a bonus day with all the reds watching United Everton before getting to the ground, there were no reports of trouble, there were a few police around because back then they didnt really know what to expect, and tbh neither did we.

The only signs of trouble we have had in our three and a half years is when fans from league clubs, Leeds, Bradford, Stoke etc turn up expecting to have a ruck with Uniteds firm, United's firm do not turn up at our games, their main man doesnt even like us, and has been on national radio to say so.

As for the lad from Bury girls, why dont you get in touch with the club and get your girls along to one of the kids go free games, where we have the help of a local church and the Bury Co-Op in getting about 1000 kids involved in football on a saturday afternoon, these are the youth groups who attended Youth United Day in March.

Prestwich Arts College
    Broad Oak High School in Bury
    Mosses Centre in Bury
    Chesham Fold Tenants & Residents
    Association
    East Bury Junior Football Club
    Bury Juniors FC
    Bury Council Looked After Children Team
    Bury Independent Advocacy Service
    Tottington United Junior FC
    Radcliffe Town Junior FC
    Eagle’s Wing
    Walshaw Sports Junior FC
    Bury Church Alliance
    Dads r Us in Bury
    Elton & Walshaw Junior FC
    Park Life Youth Club in Bury
    Brandlesholme Junior FC
    St. Thomas Primary School in Bury
    Six Town Housing Association
    Early Break Drugs & Alcohol Youth
    Support Group
    Groundwork Bury
    Asian Business Development Association
    of Bury
    Shuttle Centre Youth Club in Ramsbottom
    Haslingden High School
    Skelmersdale Father and Child Group
    Piers Home Children’s Home
    New Mills Junior FC
    Dr. Barnado’s
    Manchester Youth Services in Moss Side
    Delamere Rangers Junior FC
    Crab Lane Junior FC
    Oswald Junior FC Girls’ Team
    Moston Active Drama
    Manchester Youth Offending Team
    Manchester Somali Male Project
    Manchester City Centre Project
    Crossacres Pupil Referral Unit
    Manchester Groundworks Trust
    Manchester Wood Street Mission
    Manchester Gay Youth Service
    Manchester International FC
    Woodhouse Park Junior FC
    Chadderton Park Junior FC
    Green Hill Junior FC
    Oldham Council Looked After Children Team
    Pakistani Community Centre in Oldham
    St. Gregory’s Primary School in Rochdale
    Pennine Juniors FC
    Middleton Colts Junior FC
    Bridge Colts Junior FC
    Spring Hill School
    Meadwat Juniors Junior FC
    Woodbank Junior FC
    Heywood Rangers Junior FC
    Boothstown Juniors FC
    Park Wydden Junior FC
    Ordsall Juniors FC
    Beechfield Junior FC
    Richmond Rovers Junior FC
    Reddish Phoenix Junior FC
    Together Trust
    Stockport Refugee Support Group
    Stamford High School
    Leigh County Primary School in Hyde
    Tameside Water Adventure Centre
    Tameside Council Children’s Services
    Ashton All Stars
    Westhoughton Rangers JFC
    Hesketh Fletcher School
    Ladybridge Junior FC
    North Trafford College
    Trafford FC
    Trafford Council Family Team
    Trafford Athletic Club

Part of our manifesto from 2005 reads

‘We have ambitious and long term plans. Above all we want to be seen
    as a good example of how a club can be run in the interests of its members and be of benefit to its local communities. However, we are a new club and will require patience in order to reach our goals’
    Instead of spouting rubbish on football forums, go and have a look for yourself and see what good work is being done.

7Eric7, you are replying to people like this though, that change their opinions to how it suits them mate.

Definitely loud and intimidating and it's always good to have that bit of a hooligan presence aswell. Like when you go to places like Millwall and Aldershot earlier this season, when you a see a few of your hooligans that you see regular, you feel abit more safer and at ease. .
    Two faced and just post crap to cause more crap.
    Sooner or later they show themselfs to be what they really are.

BCFCmcpeake has already shown he wasn't even there when he said there was no police at all, when in fact the whole area was swamped with police.
    Then goes on to say that his teams "firm" along with Leeds "firm" came looking for trouble.

PS, anyone else...still waiting for one single photo, one bit of CCTV, one newspaper report or one incident on cam phone. Maybe they don't have reporters, cameras, CCTV or no-one has moblies where ever FCUM visit.

or is it more likely that people like to spread false crap, about a non league northern premier team, that they heard in the school toilets from a friend of a friend whos' sister in laws uncle who knows someone who was there.

PS, FC United has plenty of newspaper reports, CCTV footage, cam phone recordings and photographs of thugs, chavs and hooligans from other teams.
    Makes it easier to back up facts.

Last edited by RedRed; 10th December 2008 at 08:05.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER
    M.U.F.C.U.M . L.U.H.G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information