Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Premiership Away Followings

Just wondered if anyone knew any good links. Obviously its hard to judge as some teams sellout their allocation.

Reason I say this is I notice Bolton only took 600 to Everton last week which is shocking!!!! Obviously no-one wants to watch Bolton anyway so I understand that but is any one team known for their support away support???

........................................ ........................................ ...............

What the f*ck are you on about?
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

We know our team, as expected it was pathetic from the first whistle to the last and 32 + travel wasted. Megson post match said it was a waste of time that he and the players turned up, well at least they were being paid to do so.

13 of 25 without scoring and counting.

I have no idea what "links" you are referring to, but United have the best away support. End of.
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Not in Surrey
    Quote Originally Posted by saint_clark View Post
    I have no idea what "links" you are referring to, but United have the best away support. End of.
    im guessing he means a link to a site with the statistics

Don't know of any statistics like they seem to have in the Football League, but safe to say there's a handful of clubs who sell out everywhere and it's as you'd expect down from there.

You have to remember that when teams get promoted there's a big clamour for tickets to the more glamorous stadiums, but once you get slaughtered there a few times the demand drops quite a bit.

JaseTheVillain
    Quote Originally Posted by saint_clark View Post
    Probs because everyone has their very own local United supporters.

Same with any of the other 'big 4' (possibly excluding Arsenal..)

Walker, for Bolton.. Yes! Woody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athers View Post
    32 + travel wasted.
    You're telling me!

Still, the night out in Liverpool was worth it!

If it makes you feel any better Woody my ticket was a comp.

Quote Originally Posted by surrey jim View Post
    im guessing he means a link to a site with the statistics
    Yes I meant a link to a website with away stats. Sorry I was speaking English wasnt I????

Yeah, I was interested in Prem away followings after hearing tha Bolton only took 600 to Everton.

I understand all about the time, money it takes to go to these games, but using the excuse that once you have seen your team play there blah blah blah is a pretty poor effort.

How many times have Bury fans seen us play away at Chester???? Plenty I expect but we still took a good 800-1000 down.

I just think its a terrible situation when in the top flight of football where 2 teams are less than an hour away in what could be classed as a Derby, 600 away fans turn up.

Bolton are massive

Correct 600 away is poor just like the last time Bury played Oldham on Weds night they brought less than 300 for a derby game which is even closer.
    I, I live among the creatures of the night

Away days are alot more fun in CCC imo.

More often we get a bigger allocation than you do in the prem.
    http://www.stafnmar.com/

My photography website.

600, 32 quid ticket + travel for what most Bolton fans would class as a shit performance and a shit view as well.

Doesn't Fulham have the worst away support?

IN ARSENE WE TRUST
    I can only think of middlesbrough maybe sunderland that we haven't completely sold out this season any way.

I live for away days, because of lack of atmosphere at the emrites i cant see why there should ever be any away seats unused for any game against any side.
    :drunkARSENE WENGERS HAVIN A PARTY:drunk

Claret and Blue Army
    In general it has to be Utd who take the most to away games. I wouldn't even say this is because of glory hunters in the areas they go to play but because they have a large number of dedicated supporters.

This season Villa have taken large numbers to away games, almost 7,000 at blackburn was a good turnout. Not quite the heyday of 20,000 at Notts County in the 1970's when we were in the 2nd or 3rd dividion!
    An injury to one is an injury to all

http://www.iww.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by TOM OAFC View Post
    Correct 600 away is poor just like the last time Bury played Oldham on Weds night they brought less than 300 for a derby game which is even closer.
    To be fair they did bring atleast 800 one time i seem to remember
    But Simon Corney, 36, one of Latics' trio of owners, has hit back in spectacular fashion by claiming that Oasis followers are in fact frustrated Beatles fans.

we sold out a couple of times this season. Hull Away, Tottenham Away, we also had good away following at Middlesbrough Sunderland Blackburn United Villa

Quote Originally Posted by Undesirable View Post
    In general it has to be Utd who take the most to away games. I wouldn't even say this is because of glory hunters in the areas they go to play but because they have a large number of dedicated supporters.

This season Villa have taken large numbers to away games, almost 7,000 at blackburn was a good turnout. Not quite the heyday of 20,000 at Notts County in the 1970's when we were in the 2nd or 3rd dividion!
    My favourite was DERBY COUNTY boxong day at the old baseball ground i think there was about 37000 in it .76 or 77 i think .God only know how many villa fans were there that day.

Quote Originally Posted by potter1989bwfc View Post
    we sold out a couple of times this season. Hull Away, Tottenham Away, we also had good away following at Middlesbrough Sunderland Blackburn United Villa
    I quite like the idea of the free travel Bolton offer sometimes, been tempted to go to a couple of games with a Bolton mate of mine purely because of that really.
    But Simon Corney, 36, one of Latics' trio of owners, has hit back in spectacular fashion by claiming that Oasis followers are in fact frustrated Beatles fans.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information