Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    * * * * * +1

Can't afford a mobile phone bill, is there anything I can do?

I've got a hefty mobile phone bill (direct debit) coming out on the 7th of July. Due to me continuously using my phone whilst pished, I have created this monstrosity of a bill. I've been with Vodafone for over 18 months and I haven't missed a bill once. I can't afford this bill though due to other direct debits coming out as well this month (bad month for me). Is there anything that my mobile network might do to help me eg pay half now then pay half later or split the bill over 3 months etc?

I might even have to cancel my season ticket for the time being if this can't be resolved. Never been in this position before and quite worried that it will affect my credit rating so any help is appreciated.

02 let my Gf spread the payments out on her phone when she had a massive bill.

Self proclaimed c*nt. The Ditler's Avatar
    Become a man whore.

Come on, how much is it?

Blog Entries
    Dutch rudder me, and I'll pay it
    Quote Originally Posted by NcfcDin View Post
    If your definition of second is a small bird with pertruding teeth and a wingspan of 23cm then you're not second is all I'm saying.

Lockiebot.
    I wouldn't worry too much...worse case scenario is one missed bill. In a lifetime that won't affect your credit rating much at all.

My other suggestions relating to your problem? a) Get rid of your mobile phone. do you really 'need' it? At the very least switch to pay-as-you-go b) don't get drunk if that is the cause of your large mobile phone bills.

One or t'other of those options will prevent a repeat of this in the future.

PS. I've been there, re. the huge mobile phone bills. I think 200 for one month was my record. What a twat I was.

LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER
    M.U.F.C.U.M . L.U.H.G

* * * * * +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRed View Post
    Cheers mate, I'll phone them on Monday.

Stop drinking. Well not stop, just lessen your intake of alcohol by about 80%

The money you'll save will pay your bill.

* * * * * +1
    Quote Originally Posted by C@rl View Post
    Stop drinking. Well not stop, just lessen your intake of alcohol by about 80%

The money you'll save will pay your bill.
    Sober weekend this weekend my friend.

Formerly Manutdlegend
    How boring are Saturdays when you don't go out

I am skint because I'm switching jobs so don't get paid until next month and everyone's out.

Banned
    A place that doesn't look like home anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by 51andCounting View Post
    I've got a hefty mobile phone bill (direct debit) coming out on the 7th of July. Due to me continuously using my phone whilst pished, I have created this monstrosity of a bill. I've been with Vodafone for over 18 months and I haven't missed a bill once. I can't afford this bill though due to other direct debits coming out as well this month (bad month for me). Is there anything that my mobile network might do to help me eg pay half now then pay half later or split the bill over 3 months etc?

I might even have to cancel my season ticket for the time being if this can't be resolved. Never been in this position before and quite worried that it will affect my credit rating so any help is appreciated.

Theres nothing to worry about mate. Some of my bills have been pushing 500. The worst what can happen is they will stop you making calls from your phone until you pay the bill.

Thats what happened to me anyway.

Spread the payments like a girl on heat.

I'd Like Some Pie!!

I think most companies are fairlly reasonable if you can't pay, as long as you let know them asap
    [img]http://www.********.com/avatar.jpg[/img]

Vodafone should offer to help you in some way I would of thought.

To stop it again. Don't take your phone out with you. I don't anymore and you have a much better night if your not constantly texting and calling people.
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Forever Grimsby.. Grimsby Loyal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfc-28 View Post
    Theres nothing to worry about mate. Some of my bills have been pushing 500. The worst what can happen is they will stop you making calls from your phone until you pay the bill.

Thats what happened to me anyway.
    500 fecking hell! I thought my 170 bill was big

Bluebirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfc-28 View Post
    Some of my bills have been pushing 500
    Those sex lines can be expensive
    "You'll never beat the Jacks"

Cardiff City 2-1 Swansea City - 03/04/10

Swansea City 0-1 Cardiff City - 06/02/11

I drove a bill up, but no where near that high. :

In fairness, neither did he. It's all part of this internet hard-man persona he's trying to convince us with.

"OMG, I can spend like well loads of money on a phone bill coz I'm property nawty"
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Banned
    I suggest you lock your keypad with a code that you can remember easily enough during the day, but unlikely whilst smashed out of your head to have the werewithal to remember or even put in the combination to call somebody.

Might aswell make it as difficult as possible for you to call somebody when drunk and avoid any more ridiculously expensive bills.

Since we're comparing bills, the highest i've gotten is to about 200 almost entirely through texts, I think I had somehting like 300 texts a month, but apparently lost count and convinced myself that another 1200 wouldn't cause any harm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information