Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA

Both of those would destroy Lesnar. JDS in particular.

Yeah, both would crush him. Cormier could make it particularly humiliating by completely outwrestling him in the process. Lesnar hit his ceiling very early on, achieved some impressive things but never really grew from there. And he's not going to now with his health issues. Would've liked to have seen a trilogy with Mir before he left MMA, but other than that, not really bothered.

Just seen that Hioki's bout with Lamas isn't on the main card at Maynard vs. Guida. The f*ck? Number two featherweight in the world on the pre lims.

The lesnar situation was funny though.

When he is champion, he's an unstoppable beast who will tear anyone in the division apart.

He loses to Cain, and then he is an awful fighter who shouldn't have been the UFC in the first place.

He went from being over-rated to under-rated in the space of 2 fights.

Pretty much sums up a lot of MMA fans though. Anyone that defends the title suddenly seems unbeatable. I remember the group of Arlovski, Liddell, Franklin and Hughes being champions, and there were actually people saying they couldn't be bothered to buy the cards because none of them would ever lose the belts!

Similar to the whole 'support a guy until he loses' thing.

Wouldn't give up on Hioki/Lamas just yet, sometimes the order seems all ****ed up for no apparent reason. Needless to say, if it doesn't air it'll be a ****ing joke. For the most part they get it right as far as directing MMA as a sport, but there's barely a card where you aren't left wondering what on earth they were doing in leaving great fighters on the prelims while Mark Hunt or random other heavyweights are on the main card.

Since I think we all play it, thought I should say, the UFC game will now be made by EA. Pleased with this, as I thought THQ never built on a strong first effort, didn't address some very fundamental problems. While EA MMA took time to get into, the matches were often so much more epic, and improved versions of this would be exciting. Unlike the recent THQ ones, the third of which I still haven't bought.

I hope EA do better than the first attempt. The ground game on EA MMA wasn't too great, so hopefully it will improve. But it's exciting news

Yeah, pressing A to improve position was rather simplistic. I do like the guard pass movements on the THQ games. What really killed those games was not having a chin rating or anything like that, you'd get all these ridiculous flash knockouts. I really liked how you could have a twenty minute war on EA, even if it was a slugfest it could still last the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Valiant View Post
    Yeah, pressing A to improve position was rather simplistic. I do like the guard pass movements on the THQ games. What really killed those games was not having a chin rating or anything like that, you'd get all these ridiculous flash knockouts. I really liked how you could have a twenty minute war on EA, even if it was a slugfest it could still last the distance.
    Yeah i agree with you. It's too easy to knock Big Country out

Maynard won that for me. Not a fan of these new running tactics fighters are employing.

Yeah I had it for Maynard and I'm delighted that he got it, would've been pissed off if he hadn't. Guida's performance was a joke. I've been inclined to defend Greg Jackson in the past, but the body of evidence is becoming overwhelming, and we're seeing it with guys that would never dream of fighting in such a way without being specifically told to do so, like Guida. This was one of the worst instances of it though. I didn't have a big problem with Condit v Diaz, because Carlos landed a lot of strikes despite staying out of firefights. Last night though it was getting to the point where Guida would throw three jabs a round!!

Even though Frankie Edgar always seems a thoroughly decent guy, I always root for his opponent out of bitterness since he seems to have popularized this awful style.

Ebersole v Waldburger on the other hand was a fun fight. Crazy career trajectory for Ebersole, all the fights he's had in small shows, and after all this time is having a great run in the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Valiant View Post
    Even though Frankie Edgar always seems a thoroughly decent guy, I always root for his opponent out of bitterness since he seems to have popularized this awful style.
    I'm the same but for a different reason. There is something about Frankie that i don't like, and i know it's not his style.

WTF Clay!! Just running and dancing. Like you said, at least Condit did something in the fight, and executed a good gameplan. Guida didn't do anything

Come on ACE!

Hate matchups like these, cos I always like to root for Wand, but I love Ace. Incidentally, with his new hairstyle, he's never looked more like Jim Carrey.

Fedor has retired.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...tory?track=rss

Few days late but what a legend. Big loss for MMA but it's the right time. Thanks for the memories Fedor.

Good to see him win his last few even if they weren't the toughest fights. Not as sad an exit as Chuck for instance, getting knocked out by guys that were still top fighters.

Wish they wouldn't go on about Randy and Lesnar. Fedor would have annihilated Randy, absolutely crushed him. Lesnar the same, especially considering Brock's striking defence. He may have had a shot against possibly the really slow Fedor that lost to Bigfoot.

Fedor-Nogueira.jpg

Fedor_randleman.jpg

fedor+cro+cop.jpg

Fedorbelt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Machida View Post
    Maynard won that for me. Not a fan of these new running tactics fighters are employing.
    Yeah boring fight and Maynard winning was the right decision, but martial arts traditionallyis more about being elusive than engaging. Guida new style is unusual as his striking is pretty poor but standing toe to toe with Gray means he gets beat up or out wrestled?
    the diaz vs condit was a better example. Condit fought the perfect fight and used his superior kickboxing and footwork to beat nick. he got battered for it by the fans but standing in front of Diaz for 5 rounds was never gonna win him the fight. MMA has moved on from unlicensed boxing or cage fighting. These guys are professional sportsmen and winning is first and what ever Dana white thinks

Chael looked scared in that press conference

"I was in public office and I left public office the only way a person should...in handcuffs"

Say what you like about Chael, but he's absolutely hilarious.

He's an absolute wŁ$%ker and certainly not funny, and most of the shit he spouts is scripted. This fight will look very different from the last 1, Silva KO within 3 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Ninja View Post
    He's an absolute wŁ$%ker and certainly not funny, and most of the shit he spouts is scripted.
    Agreed. His stuff sounds scripted. It's like he thinks of these hours before he says them

Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread Information