Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Downpatrick Red's Avatar

Jelly & Ice cream anyone?

Friends of Margaret Thatcher last night voiced their concern over the ex-Prime Minister’s growing frailty.

Baroness Thatcher turned down an invitation to the Royal Wedding because of her health and has made no public appearances for nearly two months.

The next event in her diary is the unveiling of a statue to her ally and close friend, former US President Ronald Reagan, in London on July 4.

But there are fears that she could also miss that. She suffers increasingly from memory loss after a number of strokes in recent years.

Lady Thatcher, 85, spent two weeks in hospital in November, said to be suffering from a ‘flu bug’. In fact, The Mail on Sunday can disclose that she had polymyalgia rheumatica, a syndrome which causes muscle inflammation in the neck and shoulders.

Friends say she was in severe pain for months and has only just fully recovered from it.

The Mail on Sunday has also learned that the Government will meet the full cost of a State funeral for Baroness Thatcher.
    It will take place at St Paul’s Cathedral, at Lady Thatcher’s request, though it has not yet been decided if she will lie in state in Westminster Hall.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1LiNwkchF

Another classless post there.

I find it incredible that elements on this forum have been complaining about the celebrations in North America regarding a terrorists' death, and yet I have read that they would rejoice at the death of a former UK prime minister. Love her or hate her, she dedicated her life to public service and deserves dignity.

I have no respect for the shocking double standards I read here.

Good PM.
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Le_John View Post

I have no respect for the shocking double standards I read here.

You pm'd me asking to be my friend last night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Downpatrick Red View Post
    You pm'd me asking to be my friend last night.....
    I PM'd you last night to accuse you of hating Britain, suggesting in parallel that you might benefit from travelling a bit and broadening your experiences, and also that I could probably talk you around from your incredibly negative stance given a reasonable chance.

I genuinely think that you do yourself no credit with the anti UK stuff. You should get out of it more.

I PM'd you last night to accuse you of hating Britain, suggesting in parallel that you might benefit from travelling a bit and broadening your experiences, and also that I could probably talk you around from your incredibly negative stance given a reasonable chance.

I genuinely think that you do yourself no credit with the anti UK stuff. You should get out of it more.
    I don't hate "Britain" as i told you before, as for travelling about i worked in Washington DC for near 3 years & will happily scan my visa to show you.....wonder why i was working there, not many people get visa's like that for nothing

I don't hate "Britain" as i told you before, as for travelling about i worked in Washington DC for near 3 years & will happily scan my visa to show you.....wonder why i was working there, not many people get visa's like that for nothing
    Collecting for "the cause" pre 911 when they were still doing so?

Collecting for "the cause" pre 911 when they were still doing so?
    No bother, i could say more but i wont

No need for a thread like this. I hate that she came to power and de-constructed much of Brtain's industrial infrastructure, but why celebrate her death? What's done is done. She never committed a crime, she was a controversial politician who believed she was acting in the country's best interests.

I'm going to be so f*cking annoyed when she does die at the sheer lack of taste exhuming from the country's "satirists" and with pathetic jokes all over the internet. It was bad enough when the Queen mother died, and that was ten years ago before it became even more acceptable to mercilessly take the piss. I ended up coming across as a royalist then and I'll probably come across as a die-hard Conservative when Thatcher dies, just because people don't understand that it's not okay to laugh or rejoice at someone's death just because you don't know them.
    Last edited by aenima; 8th May 2011 at 02:19.

"Communist"
    I doubt she really believed she was acting in the best interests of the nation, she acted in the best interests of an political and economic class, anyone that got in her way suffered the full force of the state/military. Her policies destroyed the economic backbone of northern england, from which it never fully recovered. She was a massive c*nt and I for one wont shed any tears when she goes.

Formerly known as manojob Sandsy's Avatar
    Got my hopes up, but then again it will never happen, she is not human enough to die.

Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    I doubt she really believed she was acting in the best interests of the nation, she acted in the best interests of an political and economic class, anyone that got in her way suffered the full force of the state/military. Her policies destroyed the economic backbone of northern england, from which it never fully recovered. She was a massive c*nt and I for one wont shed any tears when she goes.
    Nobody is asking you to shed any tears, just prove yourself as a human of some quality and be quiet about it unless you're actually discussing her political career.

For what's it's worth I agree with most of what you said, apart from the idea that she was conscious of acting solely in the interest of one class.

"Communist"
    She was a lot of things, but she was far from stupid, she came from the upper class, her policies benefitted the upper class, and the working class was left to pay the price. Even supposedly 'liberal' policies such as the housing bill did more harm than good. I wouldn't mind a debate on her policies, but its 2.30am, i'll stick to my rants for now

She was a lot of things, but she was far from stupid, she came from the upper class, her policies benefitted the upper class, and the working class was left to pay the price. Even supposedly 'liberal' policies such as the housing bill did more harm than good. I wouldn't mind a debate on her policies, but its 2.30am, i'll stick to my rants for now
    You are talking total and utter and complete rubbish mate. Overall we are all better off due to the policies she implemented 20 years ahead of her time. From top to bottom. She did not come from the upper class, her policies did not only benefit upper class (of which there are precious few anyway). I think like many from your part of the world your motivations are suspect, you're confused and conflicted.

I don't think it did you much good, seemingly.

No bother, i could say more but i wont
    Go ahead, show us your colours.

"Communist"
    Well played sir, you've managed to psychoanalyse me, pigeonhole me, deconstruct my points and offend me, all within 13 posts of me joining, fair play

As I said, its far too late at night to get into a debate on thatcherism and its aftermath, not that it'd be a debate worth having with a master debator such as yourself...

Well played sir, you've managed to psychoanalyse me, pigeonhole me, deconstruct my points and offend me, all within 13 posts of me joining, fair play

As I said, its far too late at night to get into a debate on thatcherism and its aftermath, not that it'd be a debate worth having with a master debator such as yourself...
    Your words:

She was a massive c*nt and I for one wont shed any tears when she goes.
    What goes around, comes around.

"Communist"
    your point?

I don't think it did you much good, seemingly.
    Go ahead, show us your colours.
    Colours? I hope she is in agony & as she is slipping away she remembers the Irish Hunger Strikers who defeated her......... as the song goes "name me an english man who hungered until they died"

Is she dead yet?

"Communist"
    Since you've mentioned the Hunger strikers...

The argument could be made that the troubles in the north were dying down by 1978, it was the Tory governments policies that stokes the flames, the hunger strikes, shoot to kill, collusion, the refusal to give the free state any say in northern affairs (or to even speak to them in a meaningful way), all led to increased support for the IRA between 1979-89.

But not to get distracted, the north is only one area where she instigated a massive clusterf*ck to suit her own political agenda. The trade unions, the miners strike, the battle of Beanfield etc etc.

A good leader unites a country, and manages to persuade rather than coerce, Thatcher did neither.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information