13th September 2011, 23:35
The 2011/12 Champions League honey pot.
- Teams taking part in this season's UEFA Champions League group stage can expect to receive a minimum €7.2m – and the team that goes on to win the trophy could collect €31.5m, not counting the market pool share. This is according to the UEFA Champions League revenue distribution system for the forthcoming 2011/12 campaign.
- Each of the 32 clubs involved in the group stage will receive a participation bonus of €3.9m. In addition, they will be entitled to a match bonus of €550,000 per match played in the group stage. Performance bonuses will also see €800,000 paid for every win and €400,000 for every draw in the group stage.
- The sides competing in the round of 16 can also expect to pick up €3m each, the quarter-finalists €3.3m and the semi-finalists €4.2m. The UEFA Champions League winners will receive €9m and the runners-up €5.6m.
- Meanwhile, the winners of the 2011 UEFA Super Cup, FC Barcelona, will earn €2.5m and the runners-up, FC Porto, €2m. The estimated gross commercial revenue from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Super Cup is €1,100m.
- Of that estimated gross commercial revenue, €55m will be allocated exclusively to the play-off rounds: each club participating in the play-offs will collect a fixed amount of €2.1m. Moreover, as applied in the competition's 2006–09 cycle, €10.3m will be reserved for the solidarity payments awarded to the teams eliminated in the qualifying phase of the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
- Some 75% of the total revenue from media rights and commercial contracts concluded by UEFA, up to a maximum of €530m, will go to the clubs, while the remaining 25% will be reserved for European football and remain with UEFA to cover organisational and administrative costs and solidarity payments to associations, clubs and leagues.
- A total of 82% of any revenue received from the same stream in excess of €530m will go to the clubs, with the other 18% allocated to European football and remaining with UEFA for the purposes listed above.
- The estimated available amount of €341.1m from the television market pool will be distributed according to the proportional value of each TV market represented by the teams involved in the UEFA Champions League (from the group stage onwards), and will be split among those sides participating from a given association.
That's a lot of money.
13th September 2011, 23:56
Keep the Faith!
Explain to me Stret why you call this the Cash Cup ?
Jesus. Unbelievable amounts being thrown at clubs.
14th September 2011, 03:06
It's Machida Karate!
Another reason why we have to get back into this competition sooner rather than later.
Crazy amounts of money.
15th September 2011, 16:15
15th September 2011, 18:50
We were bought last year for £440k.
So what they are saying is that participation in the CL is 16 times more valuable than Watford FC? Moreover, the winner gets 70 Watford FCs?
Bit of a downer that. I'm not sure we have the land for all those new clones.
Last edited by Belltower; 15th September 2011 at 18:52.
19th September 2011, 16:33
Feels like a prayer...
It's little wonder the gulf is getting bigger and bigger each year. Disgustingly huge amount of money.
20th September 2011, 14:45
It's also why the Europa League is pointless.
Originally Posted by AdzSAFC
The clubs in the CL have an automatic £30m+ headstart on everyone else that season.
26th September 2011, 09:41
How much do you get for the EL? It can't be anywhere near this money
Originally Posted by ritchie_50
Originally Posted by 20LEgend
12th October 2011, 20:42
"It is what it is"
It's not at all. Champions League teams get a participation payout and performance bonuses whereas Europa League teams only get performance bonuses. Revenue, TV money, etc. are also obviously better in the Champions League.
Originally Posted by wowowen
Overall, a season in the Europa League, for the most part, isn't really going to financially help a club whereas a season in the Champions League would.
Look at us, our seasons in the Europa League (then UEFA Cup) came with no real financial bonuses.
Last edited by Magooder; 12th October 2011 at 20:54.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)