Remember the time when players were numbered 1-11.

The only time players wore a squad number like 17 for example was at the World Cup or European Championships. A players number told you where they played on the pitch. Now we have Balotelli wearing number 45 for crying out loud. The classic kits from the past would look daft if they had a 28 on the back. As for having someone's name on your back..... oh perlease. Kids fair enough but grown men and women. Oh dear.

Hope you don't watch much Italian football, they have some of the weirdest numbers. Gohkan Inler of Napoli for example wears 88. A fair few of them have also been known to base their squad number on their year of birth (83, 77, etc).

I remember when names on the shirts first came in. Think I was about 9 or 10 and it used to cost a fortune to get your name and number on a shirt from the club shops.
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Norwich striker Steve Morrison wears number 5

Remember when Gallas had the number 10 shirt at Arsenal, what was that all about??

Gyan's number at Scumberland is 3 :
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

I did get the new Albion home & away shirts both with 11 & Amex on the back but that was a special purchase.
    We've come a long long way together through the hard times & the good, I have to celebrate you Brighton & Hove Albion cos I ******* well should.

Thread Information