Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    The guy I think Villa should go after, but would never get is Pulis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Green View Post
    Bigger club, the same reason Downing left us for Liverpool.
    It's not always about a bigger club. Maybe he wants to build something at Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorschampions View Post
    The guy I think Villa should go after, but would never get is Pulis.
    1 season of McLeish's shite football is more than enough for me. No rugby posts at Villa Park needed thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexpayne View Post
    1 season of McLeish's shite football is more than enough for me. No rugby posts at Villa Park needed thanks
    You mean to tell me you wouldn't take him with what he's done at Stoke?

I would be depressed if he appointed Iain Dowie, but I think we'll end up with a crap manager just as England have.
    Pride of Birmingham, We,ve got Mcleish out! Lambert In!

Tell me if this is true or not: back here in the States, after Houlleir left, it was reported that Bob Bradley was a candidate. Was he, and if he was, would you want him?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Green View Post
    I would be depressed if he appointed Iain Dowie, but I think we'll end up with a crap manager just as England have.
    I meant that for us. The Manchester City supporter was mentioning that he had some bad managers, and I was pointing out what we've had recently.

You mean to tell me you wouldn't take him with what he's done at Stoke?
    No, I wouldn't touch Pulis with a barge pole, he's had money to spend at Stoke and still plays crap boring football.
    Pride of Birmingham, We,ve got Mcleish out! Lambert In!

What he's done at Stoke is remarkable, but he's never going to be much more than a mid-table manager. We need someone with potential who's going to shake the club until it wakes up. Paul Lambert is ideal

And yes, Bob Bradley was apparently on the shortlist, and his names been mentioned a few times this time round. Can't see it though

Quote Originally Posted by alexpayne View Post
    And yes, Bob Bradley was apparently on the shortlist, and his names been mentioned a few times this time round. Can't see it though

Would you be happy with Bradley, assuming Martinez and Lambert are not options?

I meant that for us. The Manchester City supporter was mentioning that he had some bad managers, and I was pointing out what we've had recently.
    i was pointing out they were former utd players m8

Quote Originally Posted by miss_lfc View Post
    He should never have been appointed in the first place so a long over due decision. Villa fans must be delighted.

I don't see why Lambert would leave Norwich for Villa either, in fact he'd be mad too.
    I think Norwich have reached their pinnacle as a club this season, they'll never be more than midtable at best. Villa however should be up there with Everton and Newcastle knocking on the door for a European place.

...seems the odds on Mick McCarthy have shortened

Now that would be hilarious

Kudos to CUTID, Stret and chelsea blue for the sig!

About ****ing time as it's easily the worst Villa side i've seen in 25 years. Get Martinez in & get em playing again in the right manner
    We've come a long long way together through the hard times & the good, I have to celebrate you Brighton & Hove Albion cos I ******* well should.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitters View Post

Mick's a good manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitters View Post

Not that I'd put it past the board after all they appointed McLeish, but McCarthy goes totally against the CEO's statement today so I think somewhere someone is having a laugh with this one, well at least I bloody hope they are, LAMBERT FOR VILLA PLEASE....
    LERNER OUT LERNER OUT LERNER OUT LERNER OUT

PAUL LAMBERT'S CLARET & BLUE ARMY

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Just read through the majority of this thread and I'll say what I said on our matchday thread - I think Lambert will be offski.

For those asking why he would leave us: well you could have said the same about him when he ditched Colchester for us, we were a shambles at that point, while Colly were upwardly mobile. However, the potential for us was miles higher and Lambert has justified his decision over the last few years. It's very similar between us and Villa atm, particularly given the fact that we just beat them with ease (the 1-7 happened to be the best thing to happen to us) and the feeling I get is that this is the right club at the right time for Lambert.

Plus, what's his obvious next career move? The top 5 and Liverpool wouldn't be willing to gamble on him just yet, so that leaves Villa, Everton, Newcastle and maybe Sunderland as conceivable destinations for him. The other three jobs are unlikely to be cropping up any time soon so Lambert could find that he ends up stuck here for a while if he doesn't take this opportunity. And Lambert models himself on O'Neill. He's already done Wycombe and Norwich, Villa would continue that trend.

Everyone knew when he took us up from League One that Lambert would be looking to move on at some stage so I can't begrudge him the move, gutted as I'd be to see him leave. He's given us three of the best years I've seen at Norwich, or am ever likely to live to see, so regardless of how he leaves I'll find it very hard to offer anything but praise for the guy.

My feeling is that the writing's on the wall with this one though. Hopefully if he is going then he'll move on sooner rather than later so we've got a good amount of time to get the best man in.
    KICK IT OFF, THROW IT IN, HAVE A LITTLE SCRIMMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by DionforPM View Post
    Just read through the majority of this thread and I'll say what I said on our matchday thread - I think Lambert will be offski.

For those asking why he would leave us: well you could have said the same about him when he ditched Colchester for us, we were a shambles at that point, while Colly were upwardly mobile. However, the potential for us was miles higher and Lambert has justified his decision over the last few years. It's very similar between us and Villa atm, particularly given the fact that we just beat them with ease (the 1-7 happened to be the best thing to happen to us) and the feeling I get is that this is the right club at the right time for Lambert.

Plus, what's his obvious next career move? The top 5 and Liverpool wouldn't be willing to gamble on him just yet, so that leaves Villa, Everton, Newcastle and maybe Sunderland as conceivable destinations for him. The other three jobs are unlikely to be cropping up any time soon so Lambert could find that he ends up stuck here for a while if he doesn't take this opportunity. And Lambert models himself on O'Neill. He's already done Wycombe and Norwich, Villa would continue that trend.

Everyone knew when he took us up from League One that Lambert would be looking to move on at some stage so I can't begrudge him the move, gutted as I'd be to see him leave. He's given us three of the best years I've seen at Norwich, or am ever likely to live to see, so regardless of how he leaves I'll find it very hard to offer anything but praise for the guy.

My feeling is that the writing's on the wall with this one though. Hopefully if he is going then he'll move on sooner rather than later so we've got a good amount of time to get the best man in.

I think he will be offski too As you say, you can't begrudge him, he has done wonders, although I would be gutted to see him go. Whoever would you get in to replace him? If Chelsea don't have Di Matteo, that would be my choice at the moment. No one else takes my fancy at the moment, oh only Pep Guardiola

Like I've said above, the pitch speech, the wriggling in his seat at the press conference yesterday when asked about his future, all points to him leaving. My mum and brother are convinced he'll stay for another season, but I'm afraid I'm not. Villa seems to be the only Club he could go to at the moment. Liverpool could be without a manager soon, but like you say they wouldn't gamble on him just yet. They're a lucky Club, whoever get him.

Villa just seems like the right club for him, as I said. Unless he's set on building something special here, I think he'd be silly not to take it really. He's got nothing to lose at Villa - as a Villa fan I know put it: his first name's not Alex and his surname's not McLeish so he's fine by me.

As far as replacing him goes...Canary10 has put the seed of Owen Coyle into my head and I honestly think that would be an excellent appointment, albeit an unlikely one. Failing that, Malky Mackay would be the best option, maybe Poyet. I really think we need someone who knows the lower leagues, given the squad we've got. Going for a 'name' like Ranieri, Strachan, Benitez (ok that last one's a bit ridiculous) would be a disaster imo as they wouldn't know what the hell to do with our players. Given that McNally's one managerial appointment so far was one of the best in the club's history I will fully support whoever he appoints.

I guess this speculation is pointless whilst Lambert's still officially Norwich City manager but I have a feeling this is a case of a good thing coming to an end...
    KICK IT OFF, THROW IT IN, HAVE A LITTLE SCRIMMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by DionforPM View Post
    Villa just seems like the right club for him, as I said. Unless he's set on building something special here, I think he'd be silly not to take it really. He's got nothing to lose at Villa - as a Villa fan I know put it: his first name's not Alex and his surname's not McLeish so he's fine by me.

As far as replacing him goes...Canary10 has put the seed of Owen Coyle into my head and I honestly think that would be an excellent appointment, albeit an unlikely one. Failing that, Malky Mackay would be the best option, maybe Poyet. I really think we need someone who knows the lower leagues, given the squad we've got. Going for a 'name' like Ranieri, Strachan, Benitez (ok that last one's a bit ridiculous) would be a disaster imo as they wouldn't know what the hell to do with our players. Given that McNally's one managerial appointment so far was one of the best in the club's history I will fully support whoever he appoints.

I guess this speculation is pointless whilst Lambert's still officially Norwich City manager but I have a feeling this is a case of a good thing coming to an end...
    Bolton have already said Coyle is staying with Bolton, even though they have been relegated. Saying that, though, its only talk and anything can happen. Yes Lambert is still officially Norwich City manager, but for how long....?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information