Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 79 of 79
  1. #61
    #THFC N17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Havering
    Posts
    1,393
    Andre Villas-Boas now as short as odds-on to become next Tottenham manager.

  2. #62
    Formarly known as Lockie SpursLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    21,737
    Quote Originally Posted by N17 View Post
    Andre Villas-Boas now as short as odds-on to become next Tottenham manager.
    Has been for a couple of days now, with very little change in the odds, either shortening or increasing. Like I've said plenty of times before, I'd love AVB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nicholson View Post
    It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory

  3. #63

  4. #64
    The Special One Gal_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grays, Essex
    Posts
    8,438
    See Harry earlier today:-

    Screen Shot 2012-06-18 at 22.40.07.png

  5. #65
    Banned ArsenalJay91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Barnet, London
    Posts
    463
    I like AVB for his record with Porto. I dislike his tactics in England very bland and boring.

    The players do no want AVB.

    And the main players are leaving, i guess it's a whole new start for spurs

  6. #66
    Formarly known as Lockie SpursLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    21,737
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalJay91 View Post
    The players do no want AVB.
    Based on one Sun article with no direct quotes?

    And the main players are leaving, i guess it's a whole new start for spurs
    Only Modric will leave this summer. And we'll get 35m for him to Real Madrid (35m + a player [Diarra?]) are to be believed, so it's not even really a blow, providing we spend that money on a replacement and 2 strikers (with some extra money invested!).

    Moutinho, Remy, Adebayor > Modric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nicholson View Post
    It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory

  7. #67
    Banned ArsenalJay91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Barnet, London
    Posts
    463
    35 million? For Modric????

    Very wishful thinking dude, not having a dig at you but no one would bid that much for him now. If Fabregas went for less than that what on earth makes you think Modric will?

    I say he will leave for around 20million which is very good, but i can see Barce getting Bale at some point. He is to good for a Europa league team.

    Not having a dig at spurs at all they have done really well but letting harry go has started the snowball theory.

  8. #68
    Formarly known as Lockie SpursLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    21,737
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalJay91 View Post
    35 million? For Modric????
    Remind me what we turned down last year? And Modric was just as good if not better this season.


    If Fabregas went for less than that what on earth makes you think Modric will?
    Cesc made it absolutely clear he wanted to join Barcelona. No other club. Therefore you had no leverage in the bargaining. Modric hasn't stated directly where he wants to go, so we can effectively auction him off.


    I say he will leave for around 20million which is very good
    Why the holy f*ck would Levy sell him for 3.5m more than we bought him for 4 years ago, when he is clearly improved hugely as a footballer?

    Not to mention the "Man City effect" which means 16.5m was probably worth more in 2008 than 20m is now.
    Last edited by SpursLegend; 21st June 2012 at 17:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nicholson View Post
    It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory

  9. #69
    Banned ArsenalJay91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Barnet, London
    Posts
    463
    Just came in on the news, Daniel Levy is ready to get rid of AVB of his shortlist after he demanded for Levy not to consider any other managers.

    So who now?

    http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/2012/06/...zes-petulance/

  10. #70
    Banned ArsenalJay91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Barnet, London
    Posts
    463
    I see your point with Cesc and thats a very valid and fair answer.

  11. #71
    Formarly known as Lockie SpursLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    21,737
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalJay91 View Post
    Just came in on the news, Daniel Levy is ready to get rid of AVB of his shortlist after he demanded for Levy not to consider any other managers.

    So who now?

    http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/2012/06/...zes-petulance/
    AVB will be our next manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nicholson View Post
    It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory

  12. #72
    Banned ArsenalJay91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Barnet, London
    Posts
    463
    Is he really what you want? One good year with Porto a team which had the best in the league for players? No plan B when Chelsea was losing?

    To me i think it's a massive step backwards from redknapp,

    The tactics he chose vs Arsenal at Stamford Bridge was a disgrace and we ended up wiping the floor with them. If that's who you lot want as manager then all the best because last season was a great challenge with Spurs and i hope for many more but to me i would look for managers like Stuart Pearce who has such a good international record (at Under 21) or even Moyes if he would leave.

    Either way i wish the best to you lads as the Spurs and Arsenal rivalary has been better now than ever

  13. #73
    Formarly known as Lockie SpursLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    21,737
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalJay91 View Post
    Is he really what you want? One good year with Porto a team which had the best in the league for players? No plan B when Chelsea was losing?

    To me i think it's a massive step backwards from redknapp,

    The tactics he chose vs Arsenal at Stamford Bridge was a disgrace and we ended up wiping the floor with them. If that's who you lot want as manager then all the best because last season was a great challenge with Spurs and i hope for many more but to me i would look for managers like Stuart Pearce who has such a good international record (at Under 21) or even Moyes if he would leave.

    Either way i wish the best to you lads as the Spurs and Arsenal rivalary has been better now than ever
    I've already explained why I think he would succeed at Spurs numerous times on this forum and others, so I can't be bothered to go through it again. But in simple terms, the personnel we have, both on and off the pitch, would suit AVB's style (tactics + personality) so much more than Chelsea.

    We are nearer Porto than Chelsea, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nicholson View Post
    It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory

  14. #74
    The Special One Gal_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grays, Essex
    Posts
    8,438
    Quote Originally Posted by SpursLegend View Post
    Based on one Sun article with no direct quotes?



    Only Modric will leave this summer. And we'll get 35m for him to Real Madrid (35m + a player [Diarra?]) are to be believed, so it's not even really a blow, providing we spend that money on a replacement and 2 strikers (with some extra money invested!).

    Moutinho, Remy, Adebayor > Modric.
    Moutinho would be a decent signing, but if AVB comes in I doubt he'd go for Adebayor - and that can only benefit you! haha Not seen much of Remy, but what I have I don't see why the hype. Wouldn't be worried if Spurs signed him. Rumours are Lille are going to use the Hazard money to buy him.

    Agree it wouldn't necessary be the end if you did sell this summer though. As long as the funds are put back into the squad, you could get replacements more suited to the new managers style. Wait until after the window is shut before writing off Tottenham.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpursLegend View Post
    Remind me what we turned down last year? And Modric was just as good if not better this season.
    I'm not saying what Tottenham can or can't get for Modric (I rate him massively), but I'm not 100% convinced Tottenham actually rejected 40M for him last year.

    I can remember the papers were saying Chelsea were set to bid 40M, and then Harry saying something like "Yeah the chairman rejected their offer yesterday, I think it was about 40M" the next day. But I personally don't think Redknapp had any insider knowledge about the transfer and was going from pure speculation.

    I wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 30M+ mark, but I wouldn't take Harry's "I think it was 40M" stuff as fact. Why would Chelsea bid 22M, 27M and then 40M???

    I reckon Modric would be available for 30-35M this summer, and an agreement might of been made between Modric and Levy after last summers transfer saga. I think the deal might of hinged on whether they Tottenham got CL football or not - another reason Levy felt Harry had to go.

  15. #75
    The Special One Gal_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grays, Essex
    Posts
    8,438
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalJay91 View Post
    Is he really what you want? One good year with Porto a team which had the best in the league for players? No plan B when Chelsea was losing?

    To me i think it's a massive step backwards from redknapp,

    The tactics he chose vs Arsenal at Stamford Bridge was a disgrace and we ended up wiping the floor with them. If that's who you lot want as manager then all the best because last season was a great challenge with Spurs and i hope for many more but to me i would look for managers like Stuart Pearce who has such a good international record (at Under 21) or even Moyes if he would leave.

    Either way i wish the best to you lads as the Spurs and Arsenal rivalary has been better now than ever
    An 85th and 90th minute goal (one where Terry fell over to gift RVP a goal) is hardly wiping the floor with us mate. I swear 3 or 4 of your goals were near posts shots Cech should of saved too?? Had Szczesny got sent off we would of won, IMHO. Was one of those days.

    A chairman doesn't bring you in to get a team to play your own brand of attacking football, just for you to get them to play the same way they have for the last 10 years and been criticized for. AVB's project was right. The speed of change he tried to implement it at was not. We will regret sacking him, I can guarantee that.

  16. #76
    Banned ArsenalJay91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Barnet, London
    Posts
    463
    Yeah i see your point, but we should of been further ahead. We was the far greater team that day, but yes our keeper should of seen red but when it's Cashley Cole then it's all good :P

    Back to main point can you really say he is that good? 1 good season don't mean anything now days, Players have one good season and then are flops.

    I did not see anything so special with his tactics at Chelsea, no plan B and didn't come across as a respected manager to the players. You need a manager who has the respect of every single person at the club if you want major success. I never saw anyone score a goal and run over to him or him make a sub that changed the outcome of a match (in a positive way)

    He may well prove me wrong and we may see a much stronger spurs but i have my doubts.

  17. #77
    Registered User xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    1,469
    It's going to be Blanc, not AVB.

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    61

    Is the Premier league changing again manager wise?

    So far the Premier league has lost 3 elder statesmen Hodgson, Dalglish and Redknapp - so we are just left with Sir Alex is it now a younger mans game with different approaches - what happens if Fergie goes another year without a trophy or even arsene wenger - is their time up too?

  19. #79
    Registered User COYR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The South Coast
    Posts
    1,974
    No. They will manage until they die!!!!!!! I think the way football is played is different and some managers can't adapt to that. These younger managers with a new style will eventually grow old and become the new Fergies and Arsenes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •