Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Premier League 2013/14 start date?

No I'm not getting ahead of myself, I'm just asking this as the Football League have today announced that The Championship and League's 1 & 2 will kick of on 3rd August, to allow for an extra Saturday fixture throughout the season.

Not sure if this will affect the Premier League, but wondered if anyone knew?

I would assume it's the 17th August.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Albion View Post
    I can accept being called small by the like of palace becuase we are smaller

Anyone?

You'll Never Walk Alone The Hitman's Avatar
    It'll be on the 17th August. If not, 24th August.
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Doubt it'll be as late as the 24th in a season with the World Cup at the end of it.

It's usually a week after the Championship . It must be on the internet somewhere, search it .
    Last game I went to:
    Tottenham 3-0 AEL Limassol (28th Aug)
    Next game I'm going to:
    Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur
    Pochettino's Blue and White Army!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyDemon View Post
    Doubt it'll be as late as the 24th in a season with the World Cup at the end of it.

It's usually a week after the Championship . It must be on the internet somewhere, search it .
    I done the search and found something very interesting to the ending of this season. All us Liverpool fans tried to tell all of Football Forums, but nobody believed us.

The 2013–14 Premier League (known as the Barclays Premier League for sponsorship reasons) is the twenty-second season of the Premier League since its establishment in 1992. The 2013–14 fixtures were released on 14 June 2013 at 09:00 BST. Liverpool are the defending champions.
    http://creek.wikia.com/wiki/2013-14_Premier_League

See we told you.

I had a look on google but it isn't showing much in terms of when it will start, and can't be bothered to dig any further. Still say it'll be more than likely the 17th start for Premiership.
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyDemon View Post
    It must be on the internet somewhere, search it .
    I searched high and low but couldn't find anything, hence asking on here.

Hoping it's the 17th as I've booked a flight that returns to England on the 16th and should the unthinkable happen and we're promoted I think I'd kill myself if I missed the opening day!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I searched high and low but couldn't find anything, hence asking on here.

Hoping it's the 17th as I've booked a flight that returns to England on the 16th and should the unthinkable happen and we're promoted I think I'd kill myself if I missed the opening day!!
    I have never understood this with football supporters, its like when people book a holiday or get married for the middle of May then cry that they are going to miss their team in the cup final. You know when certain things happen in the Football calender, like when the footy season starts so dont book anything that might interfere with it

Quote Originally Posted by HalewoodToffee View Post
    I have never understood this with football supporters, its like when people book a holiday or get married for the middle of May then cry that they are going to miss their team in the cup final. You know when certain things happen in the Football calender, like when the footy season starts so dont book anything that might interfere with it
    How does he know if they are definatly promoted then? What if they don't?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopite4life View Post
    How does he know if they are definatly promoted then? What if they don't?
    He doesnt and no one knows if they will make the cup final but why take a chance

He doesnt and no one knows if they will make the cup final but why take a chance
    So it could be possible that is the only time he can go on holiday, but he shouldn't of in case of a possibility of them being promoted?

He hasnt as the opening day will the 17th which is why hes booked it to return on the 16th.
    All time world draft champion
    World Cup fantasy draft champion

Banned
    So it could be possible that is the only time he can go on holiday, but he shouldn't of in case of a possibility of them being promoted?
    Well then its tough shit then isnt it? And i highly doubt thats the only time in the whole yr he can book a holiday

Well then its tough shit then isnt it? And i highly doubt thats the only time in the whole yr he can book a holiday
    And like Shane says, he booked the return on the 16th, ready for start on the 17th.

Banned
    And like Shane says, he booked the return on the 16th, ready for start on the 17th.
    If the premiership starts then yes, but since the championship are starting early it is safe to assume the prem might start a week later

If the premiership starts then yes, but since the championship are starting early it is safe to assume the prem might start a week later
    Assuming is a mother of all **** ups. I don't believe in assumptions.

Banned
    Assuming is a mother of all **** ups. I don't believe in assumptions.
    The OP thinks there might be an issue otherwise he wouldnt have created this thread

There's more to life than football you thoroughly unfunny bellend. Just because your life revolves around football and only football doesn't mean other people are as sad as you. Stop judging people against your own life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jicky123 View Post
    There's more to life than football you thoroughly unfunny bellend. Just because your life revolves around football and only football doesn't mean other people are as sad as you. Stop judging people against your own life.
    Jeez get a ****ing grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    No I'm not getting ahead of myself, I'm just asking this as the Football League have today announced that The Championship and League's 1 & 2 will kick of on 3rd August, to allow for an extra Saturday fixture throughout the season.

Not sure if this will affect the Premier League, but wondered if anyone knew?

I would assume it's the 17th August.

Thanks for asking on behalf of cardiff city
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cardiffcity-fc View Post
    Thanks for asking on behalf of cardiff city
    You havent booked any holidays or weddings for that date have you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information