Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 4m
    Stories about Wayne Rooney asking for a transfer are correct. Asked to see Ferguson two weeks ago, request was rejected #mufc.

Rumours of Rooney transfer request shows cracks will soon appear in the solid foundations Fergie maintained. Very tough job to inherit.

Quote Originally Posted by JediCpfc View Post
    Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 4m
    Stories about Wayne Rooney asking for a transfer are correct. Asked to see Ferguson two weeks ago, request was rejected #mufc.

Rumours of Rooney transfer request shows cracks will soon appear in the solid foundations Fergie maintained. Very tough job to inherit.
    Not arsed about Rooney any more. Hopefully he's sold to PSG and we sign Bale or Ronaldo...

Maybe that's why Fergie and Rooney seemingly fell out, out of nowhere... dropped/continually subbed/played out of position. Maybe Fergie knew Moyes would be joining for some time and has been running Rooney out of the club. Hard to imagine a player working well with a manager who previously sued him.

This isn't a serious statement
    Last edited by Swirly Steve; 8th May 2013 at 23:38.

****ing mercenary ****.

He can **** off and Kagawa can take his place behind the striker.

Pride of the Midlands saddler17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
    3rd December last year . . . 50% right!

Moyes won't be a disaster, but I can't see him setting the footballing world on fire either. I think where he's beaten Mourinho to the job is his traditional top-down manager approach, he'll manage the first team right down to the youth team and make sure he knows what's going on and who's doing what. Mourinho doesn't strike me as a manager who takes an interest in anything outside the first team squad and the transfer market.

Unlike many others seeing a manager other than Ferguson on the touchline won't be novel for me, Ferguson's the 4th United manager I've seen, though without doubt he's head and shoulders above the others. Winning the League at a canter this season with a squad in transition and apparently a long way short of the quality we've seen in the past has been a remarkable achievement.

Those people who have never seen a United team that weren't contenders for honours every year must realise there's no God-given right for United to be successful, and if it turns out Ferguson's retirement sees the club slide back into mediocrity then just be grateful you've witnessed the most successful era of football ever seen in England, and that's something nobody can ever take away from us.
    That last paragraph sent a shiver down my spine..so true
    1 GAME 1 LOVE 1 WALSALL FC

I have Said a few times over the last couple of years that moyes would go to united when fergie retires, and people just laughed, for me he was the obvious choice, a good manager who makes the most and gets the best out of the resources available, he could be at united for the next two decades unlike the mourinhos who seem to get bored after a few seasons. As for moyes not being able to attract big players etc i think the pulling power of the club will be enough in the first few years, good choice IMO.

I wonder if fellaini will follow him.
    You can stick your beautiful football, give me three points anyday.

No chance will you get Bale or Ronaldo. Rooney would be a big loss to United but hopefully Kagawa will get the chance to shine if indeed Rooney leaves.

Blog Entries
    Moyes did a great job at Everton but he's only going to be a shallow imitation of Ferguson. He has great resources to work with and better players so he'll keep things ticking over and it'll only be a gradual decline but the halycon days of Manchester United are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Swirly Steve View Post
    Maybe that's why Fergie and Rooney seemingly fell out, out of nowhere... dropped/continually subbed/played out of position.
    This isn't a serious statement
    I know it wasn't serious.
    But RVP was signed to make sure City couldn't keep up. And for the CL game when Rooney was dropped it made sense to go with RVP up top IMO. It was all going so well until the ref ruined the game.
    It makes me wonder why United went out the FA cup in such a poor game against Chelsea. Was it Welbeck and Hernandez up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Moyes did a great job at Everton but he's only going to be a shallow imitation of Ferguson. He has great resources to work with and better players so he'll keep things ticking over and it'll only be a gradual decline but the halycon days of Manchester United are over.
    Anyone who takes that job will be a shallow imitation of fergie.

Good old Wayne, never misses an opportunity to demonstrate his total lack of class and intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by ONEDUNME View Post
    Good old Wayne, never misses an opportunity to demonstrate his total lack of class and intelligence
    I suggest a book deal is imminent.

Blog Entries
    My sources (SouthendBlue) have claimed that Rooney was the one who leaked the retirement story to the press.

After having a sleep and thinking about it some more, I don't think Moyes will be a bad choice. Get past the bland face and uninspiring name and you do see qualities in him that resemble Ferguson. Not to mention he'll have Ferguson at the club as a director should he need any guidance.

This could also finally bring about the change in midfield we have so desperately needed. The poor football may also improve. We don't know yet, but it's potentially an exciting change and new direction at the club. Bring it on...

Just like to wish Ferguson a happy retirement, despite being the otherside of the Liverpool Manchester united rivalry its obvious to all how impressive his longevity, success & ability to revitalize his team is (something Wenger couldn't really manage unfortunately for Arsenal). Not sure Moyes is the right man for the job but time will tell.
    “Before, I said that they were maybe the best supporters in England. Now maybe they are the best supporters in Europe.” Rafael Benitez

Utd just put this on Twitter/FB then deleted it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Everton confirm Moyes leaving.
    "You train dogs. I like to educate players" - Brendan Rodgers

It's a done deal

1444:
    BREAKING NEWS
    Everton chairman Bill Kenwright thanks David Moyes for his "massive contribution" to the club. The statement says the Toffees will "start the search for a replacement manager immediately".

1441:
    BREAKING NEWS
    A message on the Everton website says David Moyes has a "desire" to join Manchester United.

1438:
    BREAKING NEWS
    Everton confirm that David Moyes will leave the club at the end of the season.

1432:
    FOOTBALL
    Manchester United appear to signal that David Moyes' appointment as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor is imminent.

The Old Trafford club put a entry on their Facebook page that says "Send your personal welcome to our new manager David Moyes".
    JACK ARMY - Capital One Cup Winners 2013 - Next Stop Europe Boyo's

Quote Originally Posted by t0v3 View Post
    After having a sleep and thinking about it some more, I don't think Moyes will be a bad choice. Get past the bland face and uninspiring name and you do see qualities in him that resemble Ferguson. Not to mention he'll have Ferguson at the club as a director should he need any guidance.
    He resembles Ferguson in those two respects as well...
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Like Ferguson I cannot see him taking any messing around so people like Rooney will have to toe the line to speak even if he is unhappy.

Its good they've given a british manager a chance and I think Moyes can do well.

Be bit of a trip into the unknown european wise maybe but then Ferguson will just be a phone-call away.
    Come on you Horns!

We will be back!

Not sure when though.....

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread Information