Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeovil Town vs Brentford Play off final..

I can't believe how well Yeovil have done under Gary Johnson this season and i reckon they'll win the final 2-1. Living where i do i have to back them.

Quote Originally Posted by guildfordbee View Post
    They beat us 6-1 on aggregate this seaon. It will be a very tough game.
    Strangely enough that is the same aggregate score that Swindon won by over Yeovil in the league, make of that what you will.
    This year, more than any other year, this year.

Anton's Missing Rubles! readingfc1989's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewieJT View Post
    This was the final I wanted. Don't mind who goes up. At least we won't be the smallest team in the Champ now!
    You will be if Brentford go up!

bouncing back - hopefully RFC Biscuitman's Avatar
    I wanted Brentford to go up because I miss Griffin Park and the tasty matches we've had in the past against them.

If Yeovil go up it will be something of a novelty - I don't recall us ever playing a competitive match against them.
    Nigel Adkins barmy army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RFC Biscuitman View Post
    I wanted Brentford to go up because I miss Griffin Park and the tasty matches we've had in the past against them.

If Yeovil go up it will be something of a novelty - I don't recall us ever playing a competitive match against them.
    We played Yeovil in the FA Cup in 1999 at the Mad Stad.

I don't mind who goes up!

Brentford - Griffin Park is a great nostalgic ground with pubs on each corner, bit of rivalry from our league one days, london away days are always a laugh.

Yeovil - Got some family who live nearby, new ground for me, terracing and lots of somerset cider to be drank on a nice sunny august afternoon (now I've said that it will be on a freezing cold tuesday night in February).
    Last edited by readingfc1989; 7th May 2013 at 17:16.

Registered User covcitywillrise's Avatar
    good luck to both teams, think yeovil will find it hard to be as strong next year so i think for covs promotion chance snext year might be best if brentford win

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Kemp View Post
    We went absolutely mental when Upson scored. Was great on the pitch saw loads of mates from school. And the agonising wait for Sir Gary to emerge from his interview. Definatly my favorite memory as a yeovil fan when he was up there and joined in with the "Do you love the town" with his fist pumps. Cant wait for Wembley and I loved the way you could see how much it meant to the players. Gary really has them playing for the Town now.
    Still buzzing now mate, amazing feeling. I came straight back to Bath after for a few but I'm off home tomorrow so will watch all the game on Sky+. Can't wait to see it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Bowles View Post
    will Yeovil sell out their 30,000 allocation, would'nt mind going myself, but not at a Yeovil fans expense
    We took around 25k last time which is about as good an indication as I can give you. So it might be a little less given that now a lot of "fans" (i.e. people that live in Yeovil and latch onto our success) have done Wembley once, they might not do it again. It's not a cheap day out for a family that's for sure!

Don't worry anyway, half of the people going don't even support Yeovil. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind taking the daytrippers, it'd be embarrassing if we only had 4k fans there! But some of the people on my news feed yesterday posting stuff like 'Buzzing Yeovil got to Wembley, can't wait for a big day out!" when I've also them post stuff like "Yeovil are sh*t, gimme United any day" when we've lost 4-0 at Notts County and when we've finished 17th in League One.

Quote Originally Posted by readingfc1989 View Post
    You will be if Brentford go up!
    Thanking you

Muff seem to have got a little carried away if they think they're a HUGE club now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Valdinho View Post
    Still buzzing now mate, amazing feeling. I came straight back to Bath after for a few but I'm off home tomorrow so will watch all the game on Sky+. Can't wait to see it again!

We took around 25k last time which is about as good an indication as I can give you. So it might be a little less given that now a lot of "fans" (i.e. people that live in Yeovil and latch onto our success) have done Wembley once, they might not do it again. It's not a cheap day out for a family that's for sure!

Don't worry anyway, half of the people going don't even support Yeovil. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind taking the daytrippers, it'd be embarrassing if we only had 4k fans there! But some of the people on my news feed yesterday posting stuff like 'Buzzing Yeovil got to Wembley, can't wait for a big day out!" when I've also them post stuff like "Yeovil are sh*t, gimme United any day" when we've lost 4-0 at Notts County and when we've finished 17th in League One.
    The feeling you've had out of these playoff games being a true Yeovil fan far surpasses anything a gloryboy manc fan feels sitting in his armchair at home when they won their 20th league title. That's the difference between being a supposed 'Fan' and a real 'Supporter' supporting your local club.

They will never know what that feeling is like to be a part of something special.

Quote Originally Posted by GABS View Post
    Thanking you

Muff seem to have got a little carried away if they think they're a HUGE club now lol
    They'll pipe down when Reading put five goals in the back of their net down at Dean Court on the first day of the season.

Pressure is completely on us.

We have a terrible record in finals.

Yeovil have nothing to lose and have handed our arses to us twice this season already.

We're doomed.
    Too big for this league..
    @chrisbrentford

Eddie Howe's Barmy Army Red_Patch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GABS View Post
    Thanking you

No we don't, but we're certainly not any smaller than you.

Come on Yeovil!

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Patch View Post
    No we don't, but we're certainly not any smaller than you.
    You are definately smaller than Brentford.

Eddie Howe's Barmy Army Red_Patch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by readingfc1989 View Post
    You are definately smaller than Brentford.
    two very similar sized clubs. Like Reading and Crawley.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Patch View Post
    two very similar sized clubs. Like Reading and Crawley.
    oh dear.

Bournemouth are big time these days. After all they are League One champions, aren't they?

Please don't make this a silly we are bigger than you thread, if us or Yeovil go up of course we will be the smallest clubs in the division with Bournemouth not much bigger , there are some massive clubs in the champ, with huge budgets, I say just enjoy the ride who ever gets there

You know it's getting towards the end of the season when people are discussing who the bigger club is out of Brentford and Bournemouth

Wanted to go to this, but turns out im working that day. Gutted, wanted to go, as don't mind Yeovil.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information