Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Euro U-21 Israel 2013

Great New Facebook Information Page for Euro U-21 2013 (Euro U21 2013 Israel Information, News, Schedules, Travel Information, Answers to Your Questions and Much More!) (Everything you need to know about Euro U21 2013 Israel):... https://www.facebook.com/u21israel2013

https://www.facebook.com/u21israel2013

Attached Images Attached Images

Updated England Squad:
    England squad:
    Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City FC), Declan Rudd (Norwich City FC), Jason Steele (Middlesbrough FC).

Defenders: Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton FC), Craig Dawson (West Bromwich Albion FC), Tom Lees (Leeds United AFC), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Luke Shaw (Southampton FC), Adam Smith (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Andre Wisdom (Liverpool FC).

Midfielders: Nathaniel Chalobah (Watford FC*), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool FC), Tom Ince (Blackpool FC), Henri Lansbury (Nottingham Forest FC), Jason Lowe (Blackburn Rovers FC), Josh McEachran (Chelsea FC), Nathean Delfouneso (Aston Villa), Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool FC), Andros Townsend (Queens Park Rangers FC**).

Forwards: Marvin Sordell (Bolton Wanderers FC), Connor Wickham (Sunderland AFC), Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace FC***).

*On loan from Chelsea
    **On loan from Tottenham
    ***On loan from Manchester United FC

Looking forward to this, first game v Italy on Wednesday I believe. England probably have one of the best U21 squads in a while.

There is some exciting talent like Zaha,Ince and Chalobah who have impressed for their teams this season albeit in the Championship.

Worry must be that there are only 3 out and out strikers going including Sordell and Delfouneso who didn't get a lot of playing time in the same league...

Spain, Germany, Russia and Netherlands in the same group looks like a really tough one to call!

Anyway young stars we should look out for?
    Come on you Horns!

We will be back!

Not sure when though.....

Ní neart go cur le chéile Goldendixie's Avatar
    The Israel/Norway game was fairly good, even if the ref had a bit of a mare.

who the hell issued the squad numbers for the England U21 side, bloody idiot

Cheers Andog

Ní neart go cur le chéile Goldendixie's Avatar
    Italy deserved the win. That Insigne lad had a great game. I thought Butland was bad for the goal.
    Poor game though.

Butland is a poor keeper that is severely overrated

Cheers Andog

All you need is Clough. JackSUFC's Avatar
    Turned it on...first thing I saw was Butland smash it long to Connor Wickham...turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Skitz View Post
    Butland is a poor keeper that is severely overrated
    He was quite lucky mid second half, when he went for the punch and he completely missed it, then when the ball came back to him, he booted it off Borini, lucky enough the ball went out wide and the attempt went wide. It was a well taken free kick, but I felt he could've been placed better.

Italy were worth their win. Redmond looked a good prospect for us.

We'll never get anywhere trying to not lose rather than win the game. Far too much emphasis on the clean sheet when our defence is the strongest part of our side, you can't just hope to nick a goal when our attacking options are so limited!

Only Redmond looked a threat for us really. I know we've got a few missing but it's quite worrying to be honest.

Redmond looked impressive, other than that quite average.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz_Blade View Post
    We'll never get anywhere trying to not lose rather than win the game. Far too much emphasis on the clean sheet when our defence is the strongest part of our side, you can't just hope to nick a goal when our attacking options are so limited!
    Fortunately missed it tonight but that's been the same under Pearce's whole reign as manager.

With that said I have some sympathy with some of the options he's missing.
    I'd sooner go out trying to play some decent football though.

He'll probably be rewarded with an extended contract following this tournament too.
    Last game I went to:
    Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Southampton (Oct 5th)
    Next game I'm going to:
    Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton
    Pochettino's Blue and White Army!

The next two games are vital, if they want to go further in the tournament. A loss against Norway pretty much puts us out only two games in, so it's vital that we get the win on Saturday.

Tactics need to be a lot different than against Italy because it looked like we were trying to stem their attacks and hope for a counter attack, they pressed us quite high up the field so we couldn't get that much chance to hit them on the counter, and we offered very little threat, apart from only a few occasions.

I didn't see much wrong with the goal that was disallowed I think that could've given us a platform to hold on or possibly go on for another.

Forest hate you too
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyDemon View Post
    Fortunately missed it tonight but that's been the same under Pearce's whole reign as manager.

With that said I have some sympathy with some of the options he's missing.
    I'd sooner go out trying to play some decent football though.

He'll probably be rewarded with an extended contract following this tournament too.
    Easier said than done. When the England seniors go out their tournament in the quaters on pens as they state they were tired. How do you think the under 21s feel with a tougher Championship schedule whilst still physically developing?

The reason we can't pass the ball is because youngsters move to full size pitches at 13 whilst in Europe it's later and because English fans want their clubs to play frantic fast football. Not because Stuart Pearce can't win an international tournament with Championship players.
    Last edited by Del_Boy; 6th June 2013 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_Boy View Post
    The reason we can't pass the ball is because youngsters move to full size pitches at 13 whilst in Europe it's later and because English fans want their clubs to play frantic fast football. Not because Stuart Pearce can't win an international tournament with Championship players.
    I think it's a combination of things. You're right about the pitches, I know in the Sheffield League it's changing this season to smaller sided games for U13s but I'm not sure about elsewhere.

There's also too much emphasis on winning at a young age, rather than development. Until we change this and start to concentrate on bringing footballers through instead of the 'win at all costs' attitude when they're 9/10 years old, it'll never change.

Thought England were unlucky to get anything considering they were disallowed a completely fine goal. Don't agree with this being a poor team, if anything it's quite good. Didn't agree with the team selection, thought Shelvey was very poor. Chabolah looked promising & I'd like to see him, Zaha & Ince playing in the next game on Saturday. It's hardly championship players either, half of them are established Premier League players.

The mighty German's who are leading the way in all things football being outclassed by Holland!

To be fair, Holland have a good 10 players capped at senior level playing.
    "You train dogs. I like to educate players" - Brendan Rodgers

Forest hate you too
    Quote Originally Posted by LOFC View Post
    Thought England were unlucky to get anything considering they were disallowed a completely fine goal. Don't agree with this being a poor team, if anything it's quite good. Didn't agree with the team selection, thought Shelvey was very poor. Chabolah looked promising & I'd like to see him, Zaha & Ince playing in the next game on Saturday. It's hardly championship players either, half of them are established Premier League players.
    A third of that squad is Championship.

That's not acceptable.

Chalobah,Ince,Zaha,Rose and Redmond all in the side.

Much more attacking then.
    Come on you Horns!

We will be back!

Not sure when though.....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information