Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Rule Brittania
    Surprised by Donny's following. Went to Hudds v Donny in 2006, pretty much sold out the away end (nearly 4,000). One of the best followings I'd ever seen at the time, was thoroughly impressed by it. Expected it to drop slightly as I believe they were going for promotion at the time, but just over a 1,000 for a 45 minute derby is quite surprising.
    Last edited by Scott_AFCB; 16th September 2013 at 19:57.
    AFC Bournemouth

1996-Forever

Quote Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
    Great following for Leeds...

yeah a sellout, sold 3,100 so far for Reading on wednesday night, nearly 6,000 for newcastle in the cup the following wednesday and sold out the 2,000 allocation for millwall on the saturday. Pity our home crowds don't match this enthusiasm but now Bates has gone I expect them to dribble back .

The likes of Doncaster SouthStandRover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_AFCB View Post
    Surprised by Donny's following. Went to Hudds v Donny in 2006, pretty much sold out the away end (nearly 4,000). One of the best followings I'd ever seen at the time, was thoroughly impressed by it. Expected it to drop slightly as I believe they were going for promotion at the time, but just over a 1,000 for a 45 minute derby is quite surprising.
    I think it can be partly explained by the fact that thousands of Donny townsfolk opted for a day at the St Leger, rather than Huddersfield away. Not saying we'd have filled it otherwise like.

I'm not too bothered about making excuses though because it's well known that our support has declined in the last 3 or 4 years. We had 8000 STH's in 2008/9, almost half of whom seem to have disappeared into the ether. Doncaster is generally apathetic towards its football club, sadly.
    Dickov out.

Standard Britain Asylum Seekers Paradise .
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthStandRover View Post
    I think it can be partly explained by the fact that thousands of Donny townsfolk opted for a day at the St Leger, rather than Huddersfield away. Not saying we'd have filled it otherwise like.

I'm not too bothered about making excuses though because it's well known that our support has declined in the last 3 or 4 years. We had 8000 STH's in 2008/9, almost half of whom seem to have disappeared into the ether. Doncaster is generally apathetic towards its football club, sadly.
    And trips to Hillsborough & The Reebok Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    except for yourselves mate are Wednesday the most well supported Yorkshire club in Barnsley?

Quote Originally Posted by whitehot View Post
    yeah a sellout, sold 3,100 so far for Reading on wednesday night, nearly 6,000 for newcastle in the cup the following wednesday and sold out the 2,000 allocation for millwall on the saturday. Pity our home crowds don't match this enthusiasm but now Bates has gone I expect them to dribble back .
    3,100 to reading on a Wednesday night is staggering TBF

Don't get how your away support is awesome yet your home support is shocking

Standard Britain Asylum Seekers Paradise .
    Quote Originally Posted by smileywhite View Post
    except for yourselves mate are Wednesday the most well supported Yorkshire club in Barnsley?
    I'd say so yeah, Due to parts of Barnsley such as Holland & Birdwell being very highly populated with blue and white stripes, i know of quite a few supporters clubs run from Barnsley who go to watch Leeds, but by on large apart from Barnsley i'd say Wednesday have most fans, where i live in Rotherham it's all Wednesday by far more Wednesday fans then Rotherham or any other team

Leeds away support very good so far this season.

Great numbers tbh.
    If a chairman sacks the manager he initially appointed, he should go as well - Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-lad2007 View Post

our seasonal gate receipts for the season are around 12million forest and sheff wed added together get this, quite easy to figure out really.

our seasonal gate receipts for the season are around 12million forest and sheff wed added together get this, quite easy to figure out really.
    Haha. Prove it, you know you're talking bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-lad2007 View Post

Nationwide fanbase helps, especially down south.

Quote Originally Posted by red.dog View Post

Haha. Prove it, you know you're talking bollocks.
    I stand corrected I thought you were 6 million dead but its 6.6 million so added to Wednesdays 6 million added together your 12.6million between you ours is 11.7m

420 Birmingham at Burnley.

The likes of Doncaster SouthStandRover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Yeah. No denying it, sadly.
    Dickov out.

12 million is peanuts,ours is 300 million.

724 Derby at Reebok tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hind View Post
    724 Derby at Reebok tonight.
    Good following on a dreary tuesday night.

364 Barnsley at Bournemouth last night

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Considering Wigan are off Belgium on thursday i agree that was a good effort on saturday.
    We run independent coaches to away games, when the fixtures came out Leicester was one of the games identified as must do, new ground, quite close and a potential rival at the top come May, we pencilled in extra coaches and fully expected a good following.

Then on Aug 30th the Europa league ties and dates were announced , the highlight of which was a game in Belgium that looked relatively easy to get to against Zulte Waregem, when the game was moved Bruges an hour or so closer to the channel ports it became much more doable.

Our coach bookings for the Leicester trip were cancelled in droves, from running 3 to 4 private coaches we just managed to fill one, in hindsight it seems our fans were about as up for that game as were our players on the day, other things later in the week seemed more important.

The upshot being our independent coach bookings for tonight's trip to Belgium had to be cut off at 397, as we were struggling for decent ferry/tunnel slots, the demand has been huge we alone could have sold double the number of seats.
    Last edited by LMB; 18th September 2013 at 09:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and black View Post
    Ohhh I didn't factor this in, yep good numbers If they also take a good following to belgium

Tickets went on sale on the Saturday morning of the international break and 1500 were sold out in under 2hours, we were given a further allocation of 2000 and up to yesterday we had sold close to 3000 in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and black View Post
    I wouldn't say wigan is stand out its decent but not stand out only just over a hundred miles it would be like a local game for us
    Wigan Athletic gets stick from every quarter about its crowds and away following, but seeing we are a town of just 80,000 in total and one of the smallest catchment areas in the whole of the football league, we are surrounded by(within a half hour drive) Manchester United, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Bolton, Preston & Blackburn and having a big Rugby following that aren't interested in football our support is pretty good.
    Can you tell me the population of Bournemouth, how big its catchment area is, how many teams compete for fans on the south coast from Plymouth/Exeter in the west to Brighton in the East, and to the north of you the nearest are the Bristol clubs, Yeovil, Reading and then the London clubs, that leaves just 3 clubs yourselves, Southampton and Portsmouth, competing in one hell of a catchment area you do the maths, then come back and talk about support.

Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread Information