Hello Guest. We'd appreciate your feedback on some proposed changes we have in mind for the Championship, League One and League Two forums. Please take a moment to read the proposals, and make your comments here: Clicky ClickyDismiss Notice
Hello Guest. Please take a look at the following thread, and if at all possible donate a little to help our mutual friend Hazza at a very tough time:Clicky ClickyDismiss Notice
Terms of Service and Rules
Acceptable Use Policy
This is the acceptable use policy for www.footballforums.net (Site). The Site is operated by the Football Forums Administrators. (we, us and our).
Your use of any blog, message board, news group, chat room and/or other public forum made available on the Site (collectively, Forums) will be subject to this acceptable use policy and to our terms and conditions of use, and by using any Forum you agree to be bound by both of these.
We reserve the right to change this acceptable use policy from time to time by changing it on the Site. This acceptable use policy was last updated on November 17th, 2015.
Your membership of the Site is subject to acceptance by us, and we reserve the right to revoke your membership at any time without notice. You must be 13 years or older to register an account on the Site. You may only register one account; registering additional accounts will result in the removal of access to the Site on one or all accounts.Your profile information must be kept up to date in order to maintain your account. A valid email address must be present on your profile at all times. You account may be suspended or removed if your profile information is found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
Although we reserve the right to moderate any Forum where we decide that it is appropriate to do so, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Forum, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Forum by a user in contravention of this acceptable use policy, whether the Forum is moderated or not.You acknowledge that we cannot be responsible for the behaviour of Forum users, whether within a Forum or outside.
You are solely responsible for the content of all information, data, text, messages, photographs, videos, images, graphics, audio recordings and other material (collectively, Posts) submitted by you.
You acknowledge that all Posts consisting of information, opinions or reviews express the views of their respective authors, and not our views.
While we will attempt to remove or edit any objectionable material (where we agree) that is brought to our attention as quickly as reasonably possible, you acknowledge that we do not pre-screen Posts. As a result, there is always a possibility that, by using a Forum, you may be exposed to content that you find objectionable.
Complaints about the content of any Post must be addressed using the Report Post function of the Forum software (identified by the "hazard" icon towards the bottom left of each entry).
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delete, edit or modify any Post submitted by you and/or to close any topic, at any time without notice to you.
Content standards for Posts
These content standards apply to any and all Posts that you contribute to the Site. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Post as well as to its whole.
- be written in English;
- be relevant to the purpose of the Forum and the nature of any topic;
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- positively contribute to the discussion; and
- comply with applicable law in the United Kingdom and in any country from which they are posted.
Posts must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person or entity;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- contain any language normally prohibited by the profanity filter if the post is (for example) an image, video or audio recording;
- use any mechanism to bypass the profanity filter including, but not limited to, character replacement and the use of BB code;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another´s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- contain or promote sexually explicit material;
- contain or promote violence or aggression;
- contain or promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- be used to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- contain any material which infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any other person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act such as (by way of example only) intellectual property infringement or computer misuse;
- be likely to mislead or deceive any person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Additional Content Standards
Signatures must not be large enough to negatively impact on page loading times. As a guideline, signatures should not exceed 500px in width by 60px in height if an image, or 5 lines of text. Oversized signatures may be removed or replaced without notice.
Right to submit and use Posts
You acknowledge that you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to submit all Posts you contribute to any Forum and that no content of any such Post infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person.
You agree that, by submitting any Post, you grant us and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Post (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology, and you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of such Post.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of any Forum. When a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our terms and conditions of use upon which you are permitted to use the Site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- issue of a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Post uploaded by you to any Forum;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use any Forum;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all loss and damage resulting from the breach; and/or
- disclosure of all relevant information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
Please submit any questions you have about this acceptable use policy or any problems concerning the Site by email to [email protected], or use the contact form (link found at the bottom of this page).