Be a Gooner, Be a giver.

Big Grin Who wants to see some players dressed as animals?

OKAY THEN....
    The thread is back up with the vid!
    The Video

What is all this? well, click here for more.

My role in all of this? I am the girl in the grey jeans/red shirt/scarf in the film/article. This is because I'm a GOS patient and obviously a gooner, and around July GOS were picked as the charity for Arsenal this season, and they put up notices around the hospital asking for any Arsenal fans who were staff, patient or parents of patients to email them if they were interested in helping out with fundrasing... Of course, I signed up!
    So at the beginning of August, on the members day/photocall day a few of the patients and staff were asked speccially to come along do some press shots, and meet the team - I was one of them. There are pictures on the link in my signature.
    They asked me a few weeks ago if I would be interested in making a short film/advert to raise awareness of the charity, which would feature some first team players (originally it was Fabragas, Walcott, Sagna, Almunia and possibly VP) so people would donate, and again of course I said yes...!
    Thats pretty much the story as it goes.

We are trying to raise at least 500,000 for a new lung function unit at the hospital - It would be amazing if you could donate, just click the link in my signiture anything you have to offer will help.

The film will be 'premiered' at half time at the Arsenal vs Chelsea match on the 29th, and from then on before every home game and at half time also. Be sure to watch out for it!

Finally, some backstage gossip from the day:

-I taught Cesc a new word as he was very hot on the day of filming – ‘Baking’. We were standing in the sun and he was melting to be honest, so I asked him ‘are you baking in that?’ to which he said ‘Baking? what does this mean?’. I go ‘ well it means like you’re really really hot…’ so he replies ‘Oh yes! I am really really baking!’
    So I can take credit for improving his english vocabulary... I hope he may use it in an interview one day!
    -Cesc said he needed to go to the hairdressers... He didn't have much hair to start with so...
    -The man who directed the advert has also directed the morrisons adverts, as well as the Cadburys one with the druming gorrilla.
    -The dog in the film was also called Theo and his name in welsh meant 'three lions' - an odd coincidence.
    -Yeah, apparently they didn't get to pick the costumes...apart from Andrey, who had no clue what they were asking him to sagreet o untill they showed him the storyboard (a booklet with a sequence of events drawn in it), who then fell about laughing wanted to be in it for sure, and really wanted to be the shark so now, whenever I see him on the TV now I say 'It's Arshavin Shark!'
    -Arshavin does sound like the meerkat off the 'compare the market' adds if you've seen them.
    -This was actually the second time I've met them... Cesc and Arsene both remembered me the lads arrived and walked round te side of the building, and everyone started clapping like OMG xD then he walked straight over to where I was standing, handed me my autograph book (I had handed it over a few months before to get it signed by the team... its a long story) and he said 'Hey Paula, here's your autograph book back sorry it took so long. Most of the players have signed it, I hope you like it!' and that was when I died of happiness.
    - or maybe it was when Cesc was very european and kissed me on both cheeks when we said goodbye...?

Anyway, you can ask me anything you like, I might know the anwser!
    Last edited by polo93; 18th November 2009 at 19:30.

Very worthwhile cause polo. I hope that both the collection this year and your own good self go well.

I'll definitely give a donation when I am at a game next month.

Cesc seems to like his new 'kit', not sure about Andrey !!!!
    Hope springs eternal

What a wonderful, worthwhile cause and always nice to see the players taking part and having fun for the cause. Thanks very much for sharing these photos with us polo
    You cannot say that you are happy when you don't win. - Arsene Wenger

free bird
    good effort i'm at the Alkmaar game so will look out
    "If You Resort To Giving Up Smoking, Drinking and Loving, You Don't Actually Live Longer, It Just Seems It"..............................Cleme nt Freud

free bird
    ^^sorry just read again. from nov 30th onwards. ok, - i'll see at Hull and Stoke in Dec, lol
    "If You Resort To Giving Up Smoking, Drinking and Loving, You Don't Actually Live Longer, It Just Seems It"..............................Cleme nt Freud

Be a Gooner, Be a giver.
    Thanks everyone!
    Glad to hear your support of the whole thing, They're aiming to raise 500,000 for a new lung function unit by the end of the season. Last year the charity was Teenage Cancer trust, and they smashed that by a good 100k. Here hoping they can do it again!
    Be a Gooner, Be a giver.
    I'm the only girl on front page. -is special-

Last match I went to: Arsenal [3] V Spurs [0]
    Next match I'm going to: Arsenal V Chelsea

Why did Arshavin get dressed up ? there was no need. He is already a spit of a meerkat
    Signatures must not be large enough to slow down page loading of the forums, (guideline maximum size 500 wide x 60 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text), or they will be removed by site Administrators without warning.

Nice to see, Sagna's dancing skills were pretty funny
    Come on you Gunners

Be a Gooner, Be a giver.
    Yeah, Sagna was out to impress!
    Be a Gooner, Be a giver.

Thats class. What is your involvement in all of this, if you dont mind me asking ?

Is it just me that's insanely jealous of polo?

in flight forever.
    Very worthwhile cause.

Be a Gooner, Be a giver.
    Okay - The vid is up now... take a look! There is also a gallery of pictures from the day on the link in my signature - much better then my own prictures...!
    Last edited by polo93; 18th November 2009 at 17:56.
    Be a Gooner, Be a giver.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...undraising-day
    the ad is amazing.
    Especially Fabregas running behind the man.

Thats absolutley quality in all fairness

hahaha top video poor wenger waiting around! LOL :P
    Arsenal

Thread Information