1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

10 Reasons why Jan Vertonghen should join Spurs (COYS)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by superyids, May 27, 2012.

1. superyids

superyids Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    Right i've just joined twitter and i'm bombarding Jan vertonghens page about joining Spurs. it only has a limited number of characters so i'm gonna write this and link it to his wall. the magic of tottenham hotspur cannot be confined to a limited number of characters!!

1) he is WORLD CLASS! and world class players deserve to be playing at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
    2) Spurs play football the right way. the brazilian teams of the 60s & 70s and barcelona 2008-present were modelled on the great Spurs side of 1961.
    3) if he joins WOOL-WICH ARSENAL he will always be in vermaelens shadows. he will always be known as 'vermaelen Number 2'. what better platform to persuade the belgian national team and the WORLD that he is better than vermaelen than at arsenals greatest rivals,,,, tottenham hotspur! at Spurs vertonghen will prove he is better than vermalen and that he is one of the best CBs in the world!!!!
    4) Spurs are the first team in England to spark off the 'foreign explosion'. who could forget the days of Villa & ardiles, a time when the cold, harsh realities of the falklands war were dwarfed by the sheer magic of football. the 2 argentines remain legends to this day despite the boos. the likes of klinnsmann, ginola, modric have all followed on from the tradition and vertonghen will be the same.
    5) Jan already has his own youtube video for Spurs (see at bottom)
    6) Spurs are not a club run by sugar daddys. the heart and sould of the club remains intact. no amount of corporatism can defile that. Unlike the chavs or city- WHEN we acheive success it will be done the RIGHT WAY!!!
    7) W****ich Arsenal are SCUM!
    8) i wanna be in thaaaat number..... OOOOOHHHHHH WHEN THE SPUUUURRSSS..... GO MARCHING IN!!!!! The GLORY DAYS are coming back to white hart lane!
    9) THE MAGIC OF TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR.
    10) COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on jan, do the right thing and join a team who is about to become the DOMINANT FORCE NOT ONLY ENGLISH FOOTBALL BUT IN WORLD FOOTBALL.

COME ON YOOOOU SPURS!!!!!!

[video=youtube;ASfrz_bqmGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASfrz_bqmGI[/video]

#1 superyids, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
  2. N17

N17 Nerd

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Are you going to forward this to him?

3. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    yes i keep posting things on his wall/profile! obviously this was too much to put on so i just used this as a conduit to get a message to him. i think i will do the same for our other targets this summer.

unfortunately modric doesn't seem to have an account so i can't do the same to him pleading him to stay. :(

also does anyone know adrian durhams LEGITIMATE twitter address? he must be the most anti-spurs media personality about. i've got some abuse lined up his way.

4. kingdave

kingdave Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    i think this could make him choose another club when he realises a nutter like you might be at white hart lane

5. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    kom op Jan, het juiste te doen en zich aansluiten bij een team die op het punt om de dominante kracht geworden NIET ALLEEN ENGELS VOETBAL, MAAR IN DE WERELD VOETBAL.

COME ON yoooou SPURS!!

i put it dutch for the personal touch :)

can't find a flemish translator but i know dutch is similar. knew a belgian girl at uni and she said it's nigh on the same. she used to watch DVDs with dutch subtitles.

6. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    You don't offer Champions League football though :whistle

7. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane glory glory

Supports:
    Spurs since 1990
    The club has already hired someone to keep an eye out for superyids

Verts@WHL.jpg

8. kingdave

kingdave Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    :D

9. hotspur33

hotspur33 Registered User

Supports:
    tottenham hotspur
    Anyone else starting to think this is never going to happen?

10. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Formarly known as Lockie

Supports:
    Spurs - COYS!
    I'm confident Levy will do what is best for Spurs. He's taking advantage of the fact we are the only team going for him officially right now.

I think if either 1. another team offers the £12m they are asking for, or 2. Ajax/Vertonghen give us an ultimatum, then Levy will match their asking price and we will get him. Until then, it's all about bargaining.

11. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    well according to the graphic hes starting on at LB today.

slightly disappointing hes not in his natural position but the positive is at least will we see him play in a position which rivals BAE. as much as rose has potential BAE seems to be one of the few players in our side that doesn't have an experienced, top drawer replacement providing him competition. vertonghen now gives us this option.

don't forget vertonghen can also play DM (but i doubt we'll see him there today).

12. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    f****ckin hell.

WOULDN'T YOU JUST KNOW IT. parker just poll axed vertonghen. he got yellow carded- and it takes a lot to get carded in a friendly. :laugh:

13. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Don't hurt him too much Scotty. He's not signed yet :laugh:

14. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    i'd give him 7/10 today

nothing spectacular but he defended very well. only time he got done was by walcott when defoe hit the post. apart from thathe was very good. not spectacular but very good.

bare in mind he played at LB and we are (assumably) signing him as a CB. which is the position he plays at for ajax and the position which he won eredivisie player of the year award.

overall belgium were all over us. embarassing really but hey we did win so not too bad i guess.

15. SpursLegend

Supports:
    Spurs - COYS!
    [video=youtube;i8swAloFGSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i8swAloFGSs[/video]

As the title says - what a player!

16. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    LOL- i'd like to believe my bombarding him on twitter persuaded him to join us. I even translated one of my tweets in flemish/dutch-LOL. even though he never repsonded to me i'm sure my tweets played a decisive role. people say it was the arsenal DM thingy but i'm sure it was all me :laugh:

honestly wouldn't swap him for another CB in the league

i'm guessing beelz cud tell us if my tweet a year ago actually made sense :laugh:

#16 superyids, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
  17. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    Hmmm was i right about this or not? and TBH this was at a time where i rated vermaelen very very highly

:laugh:

18. BeeLz

BeeLz Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    I doubt it was the tweet :p

It made sense though, but it was in very bad Dutch :)

19. SpursLegend

Supports:
    Spurs - COYS!
    We all know about Vertonghen's ability coming out of defence, but I read earlier that he was the 4th highest tackler in the league, and 8th in clearances.

The only thing he needs to work on IMO, is his marking at set pieces. Everything else is superb.

20. superyids

Supports:
    Tottenham & Engand
    whenever i've used that translator the fedback is usually questionable on the translation