1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 FIFA World Cup Final Draw.....

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Meado9, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Spook

Spook Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Can have no complaints but it will a tough group to get out of regardless. Tournament football is balls to the wall and England usually don't have the stones for it.

2. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Groups C, E and F look the toughest. Unless corruption plays a part Russia could easily finish bottom of their group too. Considering they were in a highly inflated position in the top seeds they'd have probably hoped for an easier draw.

3. Dan

Dan CHAMPIONS!

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Decent draw. The whole look of groups look rather underwhelming though! There’s so many top teams missing. :(

4. BeeLz

BeeLz Registered User

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Happy with that draw. Quarters should be the minimum goal for Belgium, probably will have Brazil or Germany there if we don't **** up and neither do they.

5. Dirk

Dirk Lower Saxon

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Our group is neither too easy nor too difficult. We could've faced tougher opponents from Pot B than Mexico ( like England or Spain). Sweden is always tough to play against but normally we should win this. South Korea is a little bit unknown, we faced them in the WC 1994/2002 where we both won.
    I think we'll make it to the next round. :D

6. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Happy with that draw

7. Muller

Muller Chief of Deflection

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I actually thought that was a tricky draw for you Spain will top the group imo and Morocco are dark horses they have some very talented attackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    If you don't it'll be the shock of the tournament!

9. Donnyrovers90

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Santos knows how to get results and he’ll set us up perfectly against Spain imo, then we should do enough against Iran and Morocco.
    It’s also quite nice to go up against one of fellow favourites in the early stages of the competition to see how we fair
    I appreciate Morocco have some good players but personally I can’t see them doing much. They could be good at the next World Cup but I think this one they might be a bit inexperienced

Muller likes this.
  10. RiccardoPiccio

RiccardoPiccio Registered User

Supports:
    Wigan Athletic
    I would be very surprised if Russia comes bottom of their group, they should beat Saudi Arabia who always seem to be very poor at World Cups. Plus Russia has been playing friendlies for 18 months, otherwise they would be higher than them in the rankings and have had some decent results in recent friendlies, losing only by one goal to Argentina and drawing 3-3 with Spain. They should beat Saudi Arabia imo and avoid coming bottom, apart from Panama, i cannot think of a weaker 4th seed? (Australia possibly?)

I think on the other hand Russia could win its group, Uruguay are still a decent side, but are ageing a touch nowadays, Suarez and Cavani are still good players, but are they as good as 4 years ago?

The Egypt game will also a tight one as imo they look the toughest of the African sides. Difficult group to call that one as it is between 3 sides fror 2 spots.

Happy with our draw, we should be looking to get to the Quarter Finals with that draw as i would fancy us v any of the teams in Group H. At minimum, the last 16 is a must as if we cannot beat Tunisia and Panama then one has to ask serious questions about our players and Southgate. I dont expect to get further than the Quarter Finals, but at least it is progress from the last WC and Euros.

I reckon in no particular order

Group A
    Uruguay, Russia

Group B
    Portugal,Spain

Group C
    France, Denmark

Group D
    Argentina, Croatia

Group E
    Brazil, Serbia

Group F
    Germany, Mexico

Group G
    England, Belgium

Group H
    Colombia, Poland

11. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  12. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  13. Donnyrovers90

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Just seen this, what a way to motivate everyone ‘even if we lose all three games he’s safe’ if he loses against Panama and Tunisia he should be out on his arse

14. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford