1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019/20 Relegation Thread

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by wfctillidie, Jul 4, 2019.

1. kloppbeliever

kloppbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    Norwich need not win another game this year as far as I'm concerned they've been a huge success already. :)

sheff Utd need to fall off a cliff next weekend though. they've been as their fans have said so fair play to them.

villa have been really struggling to get it together.

LightningFeet likes this.
  2. cpfc1905

cpfc1905 Pride of South London

Supports:
    Palace
    Brighton's actual form (as in the thing that matters, not the pretty passing from the back) not getting much of a mention..

3. AVA

AVA Juan Iturbe Fan Club Member

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Watford, Palace, Newcastle would be my bet at the moment to go down, but it's still far too early.

I think Watford and Palace could turn it around, although Palace are doomed if Zaha doesn't recapture his form. Newcastle look very poor and don't exactly have a great manager either.

EDIT: Palace are on 8 points and I genuinely thought they had about 3, not my best moment of insight...

4. Kazenga <3

Kazenga <3 Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion
    Palace are in a massively false position. By all accounts been poor in every game they've played but have lucked out in facing three teams down to 10 men for a considerable period and also United missing a pen and then DDG chucking it into his own net in the last minute.

Oh and also Villa being wrongly denied a last min equaliser in one of the worst decisions for a long while.

Jammiest team going and this will keep them up in itself.

5. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead Pints x Packet x Potter

Supports:
    BHAFC
    Have you watched any of our games this season? Would argue we’re in a pretty false position.

If be much more worried with your start to the season than ours if I was you. :shrug

6. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    It’s our second best ever PL start :laugh: If not for that late equaliser our joint best start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Kazenga <3

Kazenga <3 Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion
    As it goes sod's law I think it's more likely that rather than get found out, you'll probably improve and start picking up points on merit.

The worry for us is its quite conceivable we can start playing a whole lot worse. And if we can't pick up the points when actually looking decent... well it doesn't bode well were we to go backwards.

8. Kirby

Kirby Wilf, Andros, Meyer Your defence is terrified

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Wrong, albeit we haven't set the world alight.

Everton, Villa and (to a lesser extent) Wolves we played well in spells. We had over 20 attempts on goal against Villa and should've won at a canter. It's our finishing that's the problem, not our overall performances.

We were dogshit at Sheff Utd and Spurs but that's just two games - one against a very good side. Man Utd away we defended for our lives and took our chances. You don't score two and win at Old Trafford by playing poorly.

Considering we're usually rooted and tipped for certain relegation at this point in the season I'd say we're on track for a top six finish easy.

#208 Kirby, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  9. cpfc1905

Supports:
    Palace
    I have in fact. The City game where you more or less failed to play out all game with a few exceptions where you played through the press before Pep ruffled your hair (funny how he wasn't doing that when we did em there last season with a defensive masterclass of a performance...) and the Newcastle game where if you listened to the commentators you'd think they didn't have any chances against the South Coast Barca™ when they probably had as many as you but, you know, lost the passing which is what really matters

I'm not very concerned at all, the Villa and Wolves games show we are more than capable of creating chances v our rivals. As long as we stop this annoying trend of letting one in last season we'll be fine.

10. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    The way you play is a great improvement and I think you’ve been unlucky in some games not to get all 3 points but bar City you’ve not really had a testing fixture yet. Your next 8 or so matches bar the odd one look very difficult.

11. BleedsIsDead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    Oh no, we lost to Man City away. What a terrible shame, guess we’re destined for relegation. :laugh:

I didn’t watch our game on Sky so can’t comment on their commentary but the stream I watched praised us a lot in the first half when we were all over them and spent the second half saying it was two different styles of play but both teams were equally blunt. Seems a pretty fair assessment of the game.

The rest of your post just screams hypocrisy. You’re not worried about your start to the season because you can create chances but we should be worried and our form should be discussed despite the fact we’ve scored more goals than you & had more shots than you.

Our starts to the season have been remarkably similar, in a lot of ways. Even if you work out the average position of the teams we’ve played they’re pretty similar (11th for us, 13th for you) The differences are one team is one team is in the middle of a massive transition of playing style & the other has played 70 minutes against 10 men. Does that justify 2 points more? I’d be pretty disappointed if it was the other way round

Personally think both of us will be safe but your comment seems to boil down to “team I like good, team I don’t like bad” which is cool if you’re 12 I suppose.

#211 BleedsIsDead, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Cotterill:49 likes this.
  12. BleedsIsDead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    I agree. Although I’d argue with actually been unlucky in almost every game so far this season.

West Ham (who are 5th currently) we were the better team, had a goal ruled out by VAR & only drew. Burnley (who have only lost to top 6 teams so far) equalised in the 90th minute with their only shot on target, Newcastle we had a goal disallowed and a ridiculous goal line clearance & we were well on top against Saints until Andone tried to snap Vallerys leg.

A couple of millimetres each way in the Newcastle & West Ham game and we’d have 10 points, be 7th & everyone would be talking about the brilliant job Potter was doing :shrug

13. Kirby

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

14. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Were any of the VAR decisions wrong? I understand what you are saying that it’s fine margins but it’s a points business so those nearly points won’t ever get recognition.

15. cpfc1905

Supports:
    Palace
    [​IMG]

16. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Hodgson will keep them up

17. Chrysalis

Chrysalis deleted

Supports:
    Leicester City
    The league table since rodgers was appointed hodgson only scored 4 less points than ourselves, I think palace will be fine.

18. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Yep, what annoys us is the silly mistakes and bit of negative football at times. If we fixed those we’d easily be fighting for 7th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Kirby

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Considering we have the worst strikeforce in the league he's doing a great job.

If only we could've kept Batshuayi.

20. Chrysalis

Chrysalis deleted

Supports:
    Leicester City
    yeah with the benteke situation hes doing a grand job in my opinion. When I seen that table it was an eye opener I didnt realise you had PPG that high.