1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019/20 Summer Transfers Thread: Minnow Edition

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Kirby, May 11, 2019.

1. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I've never been 100% convinced by William but he was excellent in the final. Made me look a bit stupid after the pre-match slagging I gave Santos for dropping Neves.

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  2. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    He’s a weird one because so much was expected of him and because he’s never got the big move that was expected he’s now somewhat underrated. Very good player and an excellent passer of the ball, he had a brilliant season at Betis

3. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    A bit like Ower João in that respect. People never really realised just how good he was because of the leagues he was playing In.

Dingle and Donnyrovers90 like this.
  4. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I reckon his mobility may be an issue.

5. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Kortney Hause has gone to Villa.

If he can focus on just being a solid defender, cut out the lapses in concentration and stop this ridiculous pretense that he's some kind of elegant ball playing libero then they've got a good signing there.

6. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    :laugh: Yeah its just lazy journalism. We actually were in for him last year. We almost certainly are not this year

7. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    That’s quite a lot of “ifs”.

Basically saying if he wasn’t so shit, he’d be quite good. :laugh:

8. JaseTheVillain

JaseTheVillain Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Did alright for us last season, and as backup for lb and CB we can't complain at the price. :shrug

9. Godolphin

Godolphin Banned

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    I thought 3rd richest in England Aston Villa weren’t back just to make up the numbers?

FWIW I hope Villa do well. Have more than a handful of mates who support Villa (4 who go home and away) and been a fair few times to watch them. Majority back in day, mind. Underwhelming signings so far.

10. JaseTheVillain

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    We've just broke our transfer record and have a lot of rebuilding to do. We can't spend £20million on every player. What more ambition to you want us to show? :laugh:

EDIT: Also, obviously the key this season is survival. We have to consolidate before we begin trying to challenge higher in the table.

11. Godolphin

Godolphin Banned

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    That £20m player just screams of a massive punt, to me. Underwhelming stats for a £20m purchase from the Belgian League. Jota and Hause are very “meh” signings. You’re better equipped than Sheff Utd & Norwich but the likes of Burnley, Brighton & Palace who you’ll be competing with down there have far better squads. You’ll struggle big time judging so far.

12. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Well, there's a reason why he basically just sat on our subs bench twiddling his thumbs for 2 years.

He does have potential. He's an absolute beast, really fast for his size and in backs to the wall games he's a great player to have in your back 4.

He seems to think he's a 'baller' though, which just leads to him mincing about on Instagram with rappers and acting like a big clumsy **** with the ball at his feet.

Dingle likes this.
  13. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    They need some cheap 'meh' signings tbh. They don't just need to buy first team players, they need a whole squad.

Now they've signed Kortney Hause their entire defence literally consists of Kortney Hause and Elmohammady. Oh, and Neil Taylor.

JaseTheVillain likes this.
  14. Bonjers

Bonjers Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    Hause is a weird one. He's never even had a proper run at Championship level in one position over the course of a season and at his age, that's a worry.

There's a player in there, I'm not sure it's at Premier League level but at £3m you can take that risk when you need numbers. He wasn't ever going to trouble our XI so he needed a move to continue his career elsewhere.

15. Coldhands

Coldhands Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    We have Freddie Guilbert at right back. Elmo will be the back up right back and I expect Bree to be moved on.

Hause has bags of potential. For £3m, a player that can play at full back or centre half, is a good option for the squad. I expect Mings will come and Hause will be his back up.

We'll sign another centre half too on the right, as Chester can only be cover now with his knee as it is. There is no chance Taylor will start at left back either.

They'll be a goalkeeper, a holding midfielder, another striker and a right wing/inside forward.

Lots and lots to do. Good job we're richer than Coresus.

16. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    He doesn't have bags of potential. He'll probably be fine at this level but he won't set the world alight. He would've been going into this season as our 7th choice CB in a position we desperately need to strengthen if you hadn't signed him. He didn't start a single league game for 2 years for Wolves.

I find it weird that you think he can cover LB, unless you're talking a Tony Pulis style full back who never crosses the half way line. There was an 18 month period at Wolves where we literally didn't have a single left back in the squad. We played Doherty on the wrong side for most of it, we played Sylvain Deslandes (most recently of Bury & FC Jumilla in the 3rd tier of Spanish football) and George Saville out of position but we never played Hause there.

17. Coldhands

Coldhands Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    We'll agree to disagree. He can play out of defence and appears very comfortable on the ball, beating men with tricks and looking very calm while doing it. There's lots to work with and confidence and game time were crucial for him.

Your best defender was a rank midfielder. We got rid of Albrighton as he wasn't good enough. He won the league. Worst case scenario, we have a squad player.

BleedsIsDead likes this.
  18. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I agree 100% with the last sentence and that's why picking him up for £3M was a no brainer. Like I said, he'll probably be okay at this level. If we had had an injury crisis and had to play him last season I wouldn't have been massively worried.

He's not a ball playing centre back though. He likes to think he is and he will beat the odd brainless forward who rushes straight at him but then the next time he tries he'll drift off, step on the ball and fumble it straight to the opposition in a dangerous area. He always looked best for us in games where we were on the back foot and he was defending deep.

19. Wolves n Proud

Wolves n Proud Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    I see Purple Pricks have tied up the sale of Hause.

As he was LCB he was behind Boly and Saiss, as evidenced during Boly's ban so him moving on was necessary because I doubt he'd even play in our Europa campaign as it stood.

I hope he does well for himself.

Schindler likes this.
  20. JaseTheVillain

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    He did really well at lb for us last season and was only kept out by Taylor being decent for once after he got injured. He was happily crossing the halfway line, attempting crosses, and supporting El Ghazi up there. As said though, £3m for a squad player in the PL is no risk at all. £3m is pennies in today's market.