1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Euro Finals draw

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Taffy, Nov 29, 2019.

1. powerage

powerage Let There Be Rock!

Supports:
    Spurs
    Absolutely. Great stadium, shame it's for Rugby though IMO.

If the whole thing is behind closed doors you could easily spread it across some of the Championship stadiums as well.

I should add, just our luck the only chance England has of hosting an internation football tournamet is during a global pandemic. No doubt the powers that be will take the opportunity if it is in England to make sure we don't get another one for decades afterwards.

2. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    I think there will be fans but limited numbers.

3. MrE

MrE kevin lasagna

Supports:
    tbh I'm pretty certain you'll have fans back at league games before the season is finished.

Season ends right on the back end of May. We are already discussing having pubs and restaurants open in April.

4. StewieJT

StewieJT Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Maximum of 10,000 fans until 21 June - FFS! So, the government is restricting fans for the first two England games. Do they seriously expect us to believe it would be less safe than one week earlier? I can't believe they've suddenly gone strict and inflexible over this. They should have done this in November and we wouldn't be in this bloody mess. :angryfire

5. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    It was always likely though, and to be honest I'd be surprised if there was that many fans there. I can't really see open travel between the countries being allowed at that date, and I can only really see home fans being allowed in.

I've sold my tickets for the Wales games, I think it's so unlikely that any Welsh fans will get in to any of the grounds, and should they then it's going to be in a more or less empty bowl. Hoping to spend the money on some of the World Cup qualifiers from September onwards instead, seems a more feasible and realistic aim.

6. StewieJT

StewieJT Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    But from 21 June all legal limits on mixing are to be removed. So why don't they just bring it forward 8 days? Seems crazy to impose arbitrary limits when you're hosting a tournament . Especially as I have bloody tickets!

7. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    10k fans allowed for the final game it seems and test events at Wembley

8. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    It's just the minimum date for that to happen as it stands, nothing's set in stone.

No one's really sure what's happening with the tournament and whether it's going to go ahead as planned, at any stage it could get scrapped, postponed or moved. I doubt the government are going to make a decision dependent on it so far out with that in mind - but even if it does go ahead in England, it was always incredibly likely that it wasn't going to be near full capacity.

Yes, it's frustrating, and I'd have loved for it to get ahead as planned last year, but it's just what everyone's had to go through for the last year for all sport.

9. Super_horns

Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Good video of how the UK could host the competition here: