1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

2022 World Cup qualifying..

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Super_horns, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:36 PM.

1. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    These are the pots:

Matches start next March (it will come around before you know it!)

Pot 1: Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands
    Pot 2: Switzerland, Wales, Poland, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, Serbia, Turkey, Slovakia, Romania
    Pot 3: Russia, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Czech Republic, Norway, Northern Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Finland
    Pot 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovenia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria, Israel, Belarus, Georgia, Luxembourg
    Pot 5: Armenia, Cyprus, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra
    Pot 6: Malta, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar, San Marino

Bound to be an all British/ROI clash in there somewhere.

That Pot 2 has some decent teams in it who would cause problems for England and we have struggled in the past against some in Pot 3 too.

Probably want Romania and Greece/Iceland from those pots.

2. Taffy

Taffy C'mon you reds.

Supports:
    Wrexham and Liverpool
    Draw is on December 7th.

Match days are in March, September, October and November with the play offs in March 2022.

If you are unlucky to be in a group containing six teams then you play three games spread over seven days in March and September.

Super_horns likes this.
  3. StewieJT

StewieJT Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    I hope we avoid Poland and Russia as they are in form teams and I genuinely would fear for our fans in the away games!

My ideal draw would be teams we haven't played before, so:

Serbia (not played as a separate nation)
    Finland (not played for a long time)
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Armenia
    Gibraltar

Super_horns likes this.