1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol - it’s a barstard

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by lendal, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
  2. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Yes I did. It was hard , but once I got to the ground I was sound.

Jezza and miss_lfc like this.
  3. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Had a bad turn on Monday after drink. Think it might be more to do with the fact I caught a stomach bug but it’s turned me off completely.

Going to limit myself to a couple (if I’m in the mood) when I’m at selhurst and then stay off it till Christmas week.

In a weird roundabout way I’m actually happy I’m barred from my local now, means I don’t have an excuse to go for a ‘quiet few’ every couple of days. All I needed was a ‘want to go for a pint bud’ and that was it no convincing needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Xmas was always when I’d fall off the wagon . I did manage to stay sober over Xmas two year ago and my time off was much better enjoyed. What you banned from your local for? I’ve had more bans that I can count .I really do myself an injustice when I drink .

5. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    I was off drink completely for around 7 months last year. Felt brilliant. But over Christmas done me in. All my friends who moved abroad came home for the week between Christmas to new year so it turned into a week long session.

I got barred for singing palace songs after our win against man united last week and I get on shouting yaaanited. He threw me out for being too loud whilst there was a dj on and lots of Liverpool fans were singing. Told me I’d be allowed in if I apologized but I told him to stick his apology up his arse I’ll pay for somebody else’s’ wages in future.

The barman that got angry was a man united supporter. :laugh:

Villa Rocker likes this.
  6. Bobbin’

Bobbin’ Registered User

Supports:
    Charlton
    Singing Palace songs is worthy of an instant ban to be fair.

7. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Especially all that ultra shite

FranniesTache and Bobbin’ like this.
  8. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Nothing wrong with a palace aces chant!

9. The only Greek here

The only Greek here Registered User

Supports:
    AEK Athens
    I once thought a bottle of Sangria was juice, so I drank some and it disgusted me! :laugh:

10. Sandsy

Sandsy Formerly known as manojob

Supports:
    Hyde United, Manchester City, Swatcats
    1 year without drinking today. Great decision for me personally.

joshlong91, Villa Rocker, TLC and 6 others like this.
  11. Dprice81

Dprice81 Banned

Supports:
    Bristol city
    Congrats, that is a great achievement

12. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    My drinking has me living at my mums having been asked to leave the family home. Feeling very low about things at the moment .

13. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Well done .

14. Dprice81

Dprice81 Banned

Supports:
    Bristol city
    Have you attempted to make an effort to reduce your drinking if it’s become that much of a problem? I get when you’re low the first thing many do is reach for the bottle but it really is a cycle that will only ever lead to you feeling more low

15. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I’ve been battling booze and drugs for years . I’ve attempted and have been successful at times. I’m one of those people that just cannot drink because something usually happens, and it’s always negative . I’m living at my mums again in a two bedroom flat which is not in great condition at the moment. My mum suffers with depression and has a drink problem so it’s not a positive environment for me. I’ve left behind a wife and three kids who I adore, but I keep messing up. Really hate myself.

16. Dprice81

Dprice81 Banned

Supports:
    Bristol city
    Man what sad reading that was. I have had stages of dabbling with drink and drugs a little too much but nothing that I wasn’t able to bring myself back from and certainly nothing that did any real damage (other than to my bank balance) If this is an ongoing thing I don’t want to patronise you with all the standard suggestions. Maybe just walk yourself out the door and head to the nearest AA meeting? You won’t start your journey with strength, it’s something that is built through positive action and change but if you have it in you to find some courage the rest will slowly come. Don’t put yourself down about what you haven’t got, small steps to build what you have got. Perhaps time away from the family is the focus you need to truly conquer this? Try not to dwell.

17. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I’ve done AA and NA but struggled with it, but in all honestly I never have it much of a chance. I’ve done various other things. I’ve been much lower than this, but the fact I’ve messed up again is getting harder to overcome. Managed to drag myself to work today and tried to put a brave face on, but I hate being around people when I’m like this. I’ve seen the kids tonight, but other than that I hate being awake , because I’ve got to live with my actions. Once asleep it’s the only time I get comfort. I’m going to let this week pass by then hopefully I find the strength to do something positive. I’ve barely eaten in three days which hasn’t helped.

18. Dprice81

Dprice81 Banned

Supports:
    Bristol city
    Then start with the simple things. A decent meal, few glasses of water, decent sleep. Such small but such effective actions that will be crucial to you leading on to achieve bigger things. You have visited your kiddies and managed a day at work so that’s the achievement. As embarrassing as your past actions may be, you will have to learn to let go of them in order for your life to progress. Try and do one simple thing a day which won’t take much but make each day better than the previous. Good luck man, I’m routing for you

Villa Rocker likes this.
  19. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Thank you. Strange how you can get support off some random strangers on a forum but your mates want you to fail and are happy when you are on your arse. I’ve had two pretty shit experiences in the last week or so with two of my closest friends which really made me think. One was urging me to use with him when he knows full well what the consequences would be. He’s witnessed first hand what damage it does to me and my family. We hadn’t saw each other for a while, and all he was bothered about was us using. The other couldn’t take the smile off his face this morning when he realised I’d messed up again. He made a couple of comments that really made me feel like shit. I’ve got to harden up a bit I suppose, but it’s not nice being kicked when you are down. I’ve been through this long enough to come through it though so **** em’

Dprice81 likes this.
  20. Dprice81

Dprice81 Banned

Supports:
    Bristol city
    You don’t need me to say this, these people aren’t real friends. It’s always easier talking to a stranger but perhaps instead of hardening up at a time where you have little strength and lots of other factors to focus on maybe just remove these people from your circle for now? The last thing you need by the sounds of things is more negativity and seems that’s the only thing these ‘friends’ currently have to offer....