1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Carroll.

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by MajesticSuarez, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Geordie_Wilky

Geordie_Wilky THE Geordie

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    I have no doubt about that. As much as I distrust Ashley it has worked out superbly for us given this is pretty much the only outlay in spending since then and our squad has improved immeasurably. Whilst I wouldn't change it with hindsight, Carroll did not go at gunpoint.

Then they will have to keep him but they have created a rod for their own backs with Rodgers comments. Who is going to be able to pay more than £15m? And even if a West Ham managed to cobble that money together is he going to go there? They may be forced into keeping a player they clearly do not want to keep and accepting a bigger loss down the line. It is a right state of affairs that LFC have got themselves into, god knows what Rodgers was thinking going public on his clear lack of desire to keep Andy Carroll.

2. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Rodgers has said a loan deal isn't gonna happen. Why would Liverpool be squirming? Neither Rodgers or Carroll have said they want the transfer to happen, if it doesn't, a player who's just found his form and confidence will play for Liverpool next season. He's a valuable English asset, a native to Newcastle, who half the Premiership are interested in and Pardew rates very highly, you won't pull Liverpool's pants down again. You can hardly say you don't think he's worth 15-20m when you charged 35m 5 minutes ago! The reason he'd be sold is to raise funds so he's not going cheap.

3. kingdave

kingdave Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    Newcastle could buy someone better than carroll for 20M so not sure why they would even want to bother buying him.

4. chelfan

chelfan New Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    Then they will have to keep him but they have created a rod for their own backs with Rodgers comments. Who is going to be able to pay more than £15m? And even if a West Ham managed to cobble that money together is he going to go there? They may be forced into keeping a player they clearly do not want to keep and accepting a bigger loss down the line. It is a right state of affairs that LFC have got themselves into, god knows what Rodgers was thinking going public on his clear lack of desire to keep Andy Carroll.[/QUOTE]

If all this media hoopla is true, then Rodgers needs to learn how to deal with reporters.
    No coach should be pushing A. Carroll out through media, I feel.
    I also doubt, Newcastle can afford the fee & his wages.

5. samlfc

samlfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Screamingfields has a long lost brother it seems
    ]

6. arthur56k

arthur56k Trying to get there

Supports:
    Arsenal
    he was quoting the first post on this page and somewhat removed the initial quote tag hence why that portion is not wrapped.

His response is basically at the las segment of his post

7. chelfan

chelfan New Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    Any trouble, folks ?:drunk12

8. Geordie_Wilky

Geordie_Wilky THE Geordie

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    Rodgers comments have hardly been supportive of Andy. It is surely clear he wants rid?

Half the premier league could not afford to take Carroll for more than £15m and pay his rediculous £80k a week wages. Also frankly Carroll I doubt will go anywhere but NUFC. Realistically Man Utd, Citeh, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are not going to buy him so who else has got that kind of money?

If you think you are going to get anywhere near £20m then you are kidding yourselves, we will just sit and wait whilst you continue to pay £85k a week to a player you clearly don't want.

9. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
  10. samlfc

samlfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Got that thanks

11. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    He might not have issued a hands off warning but he doesn't know how his team is shaping up yet and the non committal comments Rodgers has made, well he certainly isn't pushing Andy out the door and he has actually said he rates him. He's obviously testing the water to see what's out here but he hasn't even met Andy yet, much less seen him in training. Even if Carroll doesn't fit Rodgers style then he'll be a hell of a sub to bring on. 85k? Well Joe Cole is on more than that, big deal.

12. screamingfields

screamingfields Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    City make a transfer request for Carroll! :laugh: They've got enough money to accommodate :laugh: Carroll would fit in!:laugh: He'll have enough support as Aguero actually.

13. Tsatalia

Tsatalia Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I know this sounds bad and I am not trying to wind up anybody but seriously would any of those clubs even take Carroll on a free transfer? I can't see him being of any value at United. He certainly wouldn't get a game ahead of any of the forwards we have.

I know also I must see the game different because IMHO Carroll was marginal to best this summer for England. And because of his attributes when he is in the game the team he plays for is strictly route 1 to the goal. If they aren't he is a waste of space, again in my opinion.

14. kingdave

kingdave Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    Chelsea and arsenal would have him on the bench i reckon spurs. But obviously there is alot of time left in the transfer window left so these clubs could all signs another striker and i doubt it will be an overpriced english player.

15. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Honestly, some people get far too carried away. They'd all take him for free. He'd be a good sub option for most clubs in world football.

16. arthur56k

arthur56k Trying to get there

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I wouldnt want him anywhere near our team. better off sticking with Chamakh than spending money on Carroll.

Spurs just got Adebayor, dont think he would start there, and AVB also likes the 4-3-3, so he wouldnt start.

Liverpool would possibly want to sell him, but i dont see any top 6 team going after him if not Newcastle, and even then, would they match his wages or pay the fee of 17 - 20 million that Liverpool are said to want?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think you are overly rating him

#216 arthur56k, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2012
  17. kingdave

kingdave Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    I was responding to tsatalia. I think teams would take him on a free, but I think your right i cant see anyone paying £17-20 million english players cost too much why none of our england team play in foreign leagues.

18. NorthernHorn

NorthernHorn Registered User

Supports:
    Watford, AFC Emley
    But he was bought for 35 million, he HAS to be that good.

19. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Nope. Honestly, you get bought for a ridiculous fee and if you don't set the world alight suddenly you're the worst player ever. Carroll is a handful for any defence when his mind and body are right, recent appearances seem to suggest they are. Off the bench you want something different and there aren't many around like him.

20. Tsatalia

Tsatalia Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I suppose United might want a 6th or 7th 1st team forward.:hmmm He would never make the sub bench, again in my opinion. I also can't see Sh*ty taking him they also have a wealth of strikers that are significantly better than Carroll. Le Arse, Ok maybe, $helsea I am not sure of their back ups to be honest, Spurs, again as a 4th striker they might be in for him. But it isn't cut and dried, Carroll just isn't that good.