1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety/Depression mental illness.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by Andy-gers1, Aug 18, 2017.

1. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Spot on.

2. MancityfanJESS

MancityfanJESS Registered User

Supports:
    Man City, Liverpool
    Not same but my mum has depression - we live together so I no it’s hard to live with - sum days she don’t even get dressed n ive been hear my whole life with her. I found best thing was to not take it too heart n not make a big deal off it. She don’t even notice how miserable she is sometimes! You wondor why you cant cheer your lass up - she will be given herself a hard time over why she can’t pull herself out of it. Ive had enough arguments with my mum to no lmao

3. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Not a laughing matter really, Dave.

4. MancityfanJESS

MancityfanJESS Registered User

Supports:
    Man City, Liverpool
    Sorry - did not mean to offend n not laughin - sharing my experience of it

RM likes this.
  5. JaseTheVillain

JaseTheVillain Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Depression in a partner is shit. Even shitter when your own starts to develop (though mine is moreso anxiety than anything), not exactly because of it, but not helped either.

As Flip said, the worst part is thinking you can't bring them out of their funk* and it begins to feel like it's your fault.

*Probably not the most appropriate word, I know.

6. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    I literally had money for food in the last 2 weeks thanks to this post Speakers. I owe you a huge deal of gratitude.

MancityfanJESS, TAFKAP, TLC and 10 others like this.
  7. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 DELETE!
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers, Everton
    Was out tonight for my sister in laws 50th for dinner.. dinner went ok.

Went to my mates 30th afterwards.. because I had ate before my Stoma was going crazy.. Place was too busy, had to go and empty my bag.. couldn’t get into the cubicle.. was banging the door, everyone staring.. started sweating profusely, horrible.. managed to get to empty my bag. Left 2mins afterwards.

Ruined my night, wife’s night.. can’t cope anymore. Lying here in bed absolutely petrified as I have a wedding tonight . I really don’t know how people deal with this man...

Sorry for releasing, I just had to vent out frustrations.

8. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Firstly, sorry to hear you had such a tough evening.

With apologies if this isn't at all helpful, venue wise, in the future, do any of them have disabled toilets at all? I'm not sure if that would make you more self conscious so counter productive? I was just wondering if the fact that you'd have most likely immediate access to a faciltiy would make things any easier for you at all? You are entitled to use them. Of course, I'm aware that I'm only looking at one thing here and I know that things aren't that simplistic at times, what I would say is that the fact that you went out for tea and then onto your mate's 30th was a great thing given how hard that can be with Anxiety and/or depression.

If you feel venting on here helps, vent away too I say!

I hope you've been able to/will be able to make the wedding.

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  9. JaseTheVillain

JaseTheVillain Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    These were my thoughts too... If you don't already have one, Andy, you can get yourself a RADAR key too, if you don't want to have to ask for the toilet to be opened. Genuine Radar Key | Disability Rights UK

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  10. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 DELETE!
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers, Everton
    Thanks guys.

I did make the wedding but didn’t stay the full night but I was ok.

I do have a radar card, but the disabled toilet in the club was out of order. I always use disabled toilets.

Roverandout and JaseTheVillain like this.
  11. BoroWill

BoroWill Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Never apologise for sharing how you feel or an experience mate. People are here to support you, I know when I've gone through any hard time in my life just knowing that someone is listening meant a huge amount, so share anything you feel like you need to.

Always available by PM if you need bud

MancityfanJESS and Andy-gers1 like this.
  12. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Glad to hear :thumb

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  13. Dan

Dan CHAMPIONS!

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Not sure if it’s really a mental illness, but I’ve had a serious lack of motivation over the past month.

Just finished all of the projects, now there’s just the final project to do at uni and everybody is dedicating so much time and producing a lot of work, me on the other hand I feel sick of it all and did absolutely f*ck all the past 4 weeks.

Now I’ve gotten myself behind and a lot to do. I feel angry with myself but I also feel like I really want to say f*ck it and drop out.

Finding out my mother has a serious illness which could be terminal played a big part, but I feel so frustrated because I can’t find any motivation. I just watch TV or go on the PlayStation, pretending none of this is happening.

14. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    This is perfectly natural, it just takes time. For some, a little longer than others.

15. Flip Duckling

Flip Duckling Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I hit a wall after doing so many assignments around the dissertation. I just couldn't start a simple 2000 word essay afterwards. The gym and swimming helped knocking any anxiety out, if that creeps up on you, but the only way I got out of my rut was by forcing myself to start. It's not easy but it's better than dropping out, you'll thank yourself in a couple of months.

16. BoroWill

BoroWill Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Don't worry yourself too much, it's never too late to start. After being ****ed around by my supervisor and others in my final year I ended up hating the subject I was writing about and as a result ended up like you, struggling to find motivation and not knowing when I would find it again. @Flip Duckling is right, the only way to get yourself out of it is to force yourself to work. Fortunately for me my parents were incredibly supportive and I just went home and essentially locked myself away until it was done. Going home helped because as much as I love them, friends distract me and I didn't have to worry about cooking/shopping etc. I also work incredibly well under pressure (as in the week before a deadline for any piece of work).

Not to brag but in that environment I wrote a whole first class dissertation in just under 3 days. It can be done, so don't panic.

17. Random

Random League One Champions 2010

Supports:
    Southadmin
    it should be born in mind that it is possible that a little longer can be never ending.

RM likes this.
  18. Trojii

Trojii Legal Eagle

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Mrs' depression now having a detrimental effect on my mental wellbeing; not sleeping, having difficulty focusing, and things are generally far less enjoyable than they used to be.

Thankfully I've been self-aware enough to realise I need help, so I've started seeing a psychologist, as my profession allows for 4 free sessions per year.

F*cking awful feeling helpless, though. All the best to anyone in the thread who's experiencing difficulties.

King_Kenny, Andy-gers1 and RM like this.
  19. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Thinking of you man x

20. Trojii

Trojii Legal Eagle

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Cheers mate x