1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety/Depression mental illness.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by Andy-gers1, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    Having been breastfed on the above, I concur.

Richard, Andy-gers1, The Doc and 4 others like this.
  2. Burg

Burg ‘Absolute stick of a boy’

Supports:
    Fulham
    :laugh:

3. Blueblaze

Blueblaze fan of sport, astronomy and woman

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Whether illegal or prescribed anything stronger than weed is a big nono, I don't personally know of any drug that has a lighter effect so they all no good as far as illegal road drugs are concerned.

4. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Having a shit couple of nights tbh. Come from nowhere as well. :(

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  5. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 Mike <3 Shane
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers
    Love you mate x

Shane likes this.
  6. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    :love:

Shane likes this.
  7. Blueblaze

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Hi Shane What exactly happens on bad days or nights.. My son has Asbergers and occasionally get anxiety attacks. He uses a herbal calming tablet when that happens.

8. Shinji Doherty

Shinji Doherty Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United, Derry City
    Hazza, don't worry about the labeling side effects, they put everything on there. I've found citalopram to have very little side effects, certainly nothing like effexor/venlafaxine/vensir! I hope it helps you.

9. Rich_Le_John

Rich_Le_John In exile

Supports:
    Manchester United, Team Le_John oh and Liverpool
    Poor lad.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  10. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Sorry mate only just seen this.

Depends really. Had a stressful couple of weeks and sometimes it gets me down. Getting anxious and bursting into tears for no reason. Feeling like i'm slipping back into my darker times again and that gets me lower a lot quicker. Feel a bit better now though and thankfully it doesn't happen too often anymore.

Still proper shit when it happens though as sometimes I have no idea what kicks it off in the first place.

Tshabs likes this.
  11. Stuarty

Stuarty Banned

Supports:
    marseille
    far to often in life people do not get the help they need when they need it. this is an international disgrace. and must change forever now.

"USStateGovernments Previouslyresponsiblefor MentalHealth CareCost exploited Deinstitutionalizationoffloadingresponsibility&Cost.$$Saved byclosingHospitalswasmeanttoProvideCommunityBasedTreatmentServices&DecentcommunityHomesWasDivertedtotaxrelief/SupportotherPrograms."

12. Stuarty

Stuarty Banned

Supports:
    marseille
  13. Speakers

Speakers Registered User

Supports:
    Portsmouth
    With it getting darker evenings and loneliness kicking in for some, hope everyone remembers this thread is here to chat or vent.

Just on the topic of smoking weed, I know it may work for some but for me, after smoking up a couple of years ago, it set me back 6 months and made my anxiety worse than it had been before. Just be careful.

14. Hazza

Hazza ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Had my first appointment with the psychologist today. I feel so much worse than I did before.

Why didn't you and Sofia get married. Why didn'g you have children. Didn't Sofia want to get married or have children.

A friend of mine, shes on the strongest dosage of Xanax. Have taken 2 off her so I can try and sleep. Took one an hour ago and nothing.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

15. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    My marriage is going to shit.

Probably my fault, I used to be really intimate with her but nowadays she’s more like a friend than wife. She always said she’d love me to go to bed at the same time as her which is about 10pm usually but f*ck that, I’d rather have a couple of hours on my own to browse the sites, play video games, watch films etc. I guess I’m still a teenager at heart and really enjoy doing things teenagers would do.

I do feel guilty though and I dread to think how she is feeling, not getting much intimacy from me, just generally not much love. I’ll pick her up from the station, I’ll cook her dinner, I’ll do anything for her but when it comes to intimacy I kind of push her away.

Am I being really selfish for wanting to have time for myself, even to the detriment of my wife? At the minute I’m saying to myself I am going to prioritise her from now to on to make sure she’s happy but I think I’ll also talk to her and tell her I would like some me time too so she knows it’s not anything serious.

She really wants children and I’m not really enthralled by the idea. We are trying but really only when I feel up to it. Losing my mother back in the summer has really affected me and I think it’s made the marriage, university, work, everything much harder. I guess I’ll just have to keep grinding and hope it all works out at the end.

Monkey, Andy-gers1 and RM like this.
  16. Blueblaze

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Sir, probably weed is not for everyone but a couple of puffs of good stuff which is now obtainable in just about every corner in the early afternoon does make you feel much better even when it wears off in the evening. Plus you sleep well. But as I say everyone is different. So if you feel its not for you then dont.

17. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 Mike <3 Shane
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers
    Listen mate, you’ve been through the mills this year.. you are bound to feel like this.

Obviously, I don’t know your wife and I also don’t know how your marriage is but it will get better, trust me.

I don’t know if your wife is an approachable type.. if so, explain to her. Don’t go into the major details but explain that you need some alone time.

18. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    It’s known to heighten anxiety. It makes me far worse. It’s not for everyone, especially people that suffer with anxiety. I steer clear of it.

19. Blueblaze

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Yes it's basically a stimulant so it will heighten everything appetite, friendship, sex, watching sports or a film or anything including anxiety, however that bit of anxiety should be channelled into something positive like a good social chat or meeting new friends or doing something enjoyable, I played football on occasions under the influence it was so much more enjoyable, just one example.

20. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    It’s absolutely not a stimulant.