1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety/Depression mental illness.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by Andy-gers1, Aug 18, 2017.

1. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Sounds exactly like me, been like this for a while now. Constantly something at the back of my mind dragging my moods down, I put a brave face on, smile, laugh it off and all is ok for a few hours, then it returns. Life just seems so shit these days.

2. Dprice81

Dprice81 Banned

Supports:
    Bristol city
    Can’t work out if it’s ‘having a bad day and just life or if there is something more going on that I’m being ignorant to....

3. Dprice81

Dprice81 Banned

Supports:
    Bristol city
    If you wouldn’t mind sharing it would be appreciated

4. The Doc

The Doc #freegabrielheinze

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Be honest doesn't everyone feel like that?

I just assumed it was part of life chief. I usually find that after something positive happens in my life, shortly after I get really down. It's not usually for no reason but the reason can be nonsensical.

Takes me few days to get it out of my system then rinse and repeat.

Can be anything from like when I was best man at my mates wedding years ago, was a great time, gave a speech (which I was worried about for weeks before) which went down really when, had a great weekend with friends and family, then bang something just set me off and (tbh this was it at it's worst) about 3 or 4 weeks of just complete anxiety.

Never told anyone about this (even the wife) but it is the closest I have been to actually having a breakdown I think. Just couldn't seem to shake it at all. Just put on a happy face and tried not to let anyone know.

It's never been that extreme since but the worry is always there for me that it will.

King_Kenny and Dprice81 like this.
  5. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead Pints x Packet x Potter

Supports:
    BHAFC

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope the links work now. Ignore the notes I wrote for an exercise during the event. Might not be useful for everyone but it certainly helps me realise when I’m thinking over negatively.

6. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    In truth, its probably not, just that you get used to feeling that way it becomes the norm if you get what I mean? You get so used to being anxious that it feels normal, in fact when you're not worrying or anxious you start worrying why you're not...that's me anyway, dunno if others are like this? Worry about not being worried.

I didn't know you suffered with anxiety to be honest mate? Its amazing the amount of people that do.

When I was in my early 20s and probably having my first anxiety attacks it wasn't something that people spoke about to others, it would be seen as a weakness, especially for lads, especially for lads growing up in a scally area with a load of scally mates, you'd sit there thinking no one else in the world feels the way you do and you'd feel ashamed of it. Thankfully the stigma of anxiety, depression and mental health has been taken away. You being nearly as old as me ;) well just say the same generation, would know this, great steps have been made in dealing with these illnesses. 20 years ago you wouldnt get a group of lads, football fans, sitting here on a forum chatting about it...the first one that mentioned it would be tore to bits by the others, called a loon and told to get a grip of themselves. The younger posters may not believe this, but thats the way it was.

#1146 King_Kenny, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    JoshBCFC, Dprice81, Jezza and 2 others like this.
  7. AlissonWonderland

AlissonWonderland Slumdog Mignolet

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Still been having the odd minor anxiety attack. Started before my move and hasn't let off totally although it's starting to become less frequent since I've become more settled in my new environment.

Very reluctant to pursue medication and have been managing them myself. Some of it may be obvious but the below link may be beneficial to anybody who like me would rather get in top of them without the assistance of medicine.

11 Ways to Stop a Panic Attack

8. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Glad to hear your anxiety has become less since your move. Hopefully it continues getting less.

AlissonWonderland likes this.
  9. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    you moved house slower than a Syrian immigrant

10. Dprice81

Dprice81 Banned

Supports:
    Bristol city
    Anxiety is becoming a more common diagnosis above depression and you tend to see the two getting diagnosed together these days. I wouldn’t class my anxiety is bad but then I am worrying that there might be something wrong with me above having a ‘bad day’ and maybe this is just anxiety. Who knows.

11. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I didn’t even know anxiety was much of a thing tbf. Well not until a few years ago anyway. I suffer with anxiety and mild depression. When I hit a bad spell of anxiety it can make me very ill mentally and it gives me all kinds of pain. It’s no coincidence in the world we live in today that anxiety and depression are on the rise and will keep rising . A number of things are a factor.

12. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I was like this for years. Didn’t want to get hooked on tablets off the doctor, and would rather suffer it than take anything. In the end I got that bad with my anxiety and just general day to day mood that I ended up going the doctors and being prescribed tablets. I was like a new man for the first few weeks. I’m still better now, and they still work, but I don’t feel as good as I did at the start. Once I sort other issues out in my life I will come off them gradually.

13. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    Hope anyone struggling has a positive day and a brighter future.

JoshBCFC, King_Kenny and The Doc like this.
  14. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Cheers

Its amazing what a few simple words can do.

Andy-gers1 and Steve - Wfc like this.
  15. Jezza

Jezza Registered User

Supports:
    United
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Few pictures I like to look at when I'm struggling. You ever get ****ed up thoughts about wanting to end it, realise the world can be beautiful x

16. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Feeling Agitated, pissed off, alone, aggressive, hopeless, sad, argumentative, self-destructive and sleepy atm.

17. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 Mike <3 Shane
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers
    Listen mate, keep your chin(s) up.

You will get through it, especially with your little bundle of joy being due soon.

18. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Chins :laugh: hateful ****!

Cheers bro. Built up a decent support network too so hopefully that all helps x

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  19. upper90

upper90 Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United, Detroit City FC
    That second page/photo is good. Go-to concepts that I use with most of my clients. Have they been helpful for you?

20. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Does anyone ever panic about choking when eating or drinking?