1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety/Depression mental illness.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by Andy-gers1, Aug 18, 2017.

1. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Hope you are ok. If you need to talk or need some Leicester abuse you know where I am x

I do with the kids, I’m terribly OCD with it.

Richard likes this.
  2. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Thanks x

miss_lfc likes this.
  3. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Call me pathetic, but I am feeling terrible tonight.

Right, what happened today was, well it’s all abit silly really. I told my Dad & her missus that we’ll be round theirs for Christmas, as I have spoken to my wife Becks about it and she went along with it, despite not being really keen. Let’s go back to the beginning.

We’ve been trying for a baby for around 2 years now, and are still trying. Meanwhile her sister gets knocked up by a bloke she’s been with for 5 months at the time, which my wife found really hard to take. The whole family keeps talking about the baby, so she really doesn’t want to spend Christmas with them (She’s due a couple of weeks before Christmas) Then, one night we went out for dinner with my Dad and her missus, and she asked Becks is she excited about her sisters baby? Becks took huge offence to that, because by that point everybody knew how upsetting she found it. So, since then she really doesn’t like my dad’s missus. Oh well, I’m sure she didn’t mean it in a malicious way but my wife refused to look at it that way.

Today, I told Dad we’ll be round for Christmas, becks really didn’t like that I went ahead and made plans without agreeing with her. I just ignored her and hoped things would calm down. She kept going at me. In retaliation, I said well it doesn’t only work one way, you decided to put the dog down without discussing with me and that really upset her. It’s abit cruel of me really, and ever since then I’ve felt terrible and right now I really feel like just getting out of the house and f*cking disappear. Not kill myself, but just get away for abit.

For f*cks sake my wife has been an absolute nightmare ever since she wanted a baby. It’s almost like it destroyed her mentally.

I didn’t want to talk to my friends about this, or anyone so I figured this would be a great place to vent.

4. grampus8myhamster

grampus8myhamster Registered User

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    I'm not sure how easy it is for you two to be able to do this but i honestly think you both need to sit down and talk it out as calmly as possible. She probably needs you to reassure her that you're a team and is your main priority. She might also be blaming herself for not getting pregnant yet and would want you to let her know that she shouldn't blame herself and that you still love her, baby or no baby :) The Christmas and the dog issues are probably smaller gripes that have blown up due to the bigger feeling hanging over both your heads regarding the baby - I honestly think if you talk it out with her you'll both feel better for it and be stronger as a couple moving forward :)

You going away for a few days isn't going to magically resolve the issue for you both, it will just delay the inevitable and might even make things harder imo.

TLC and RM like this.
  5. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    And here was me thinking you were a bellend. Great post.

6. grampus8myhamster

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Thanks, but i assure you i am definitely still a bellend ;)

TLC and RM like this.
  7. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Had it myself once. My missus had about 8 miscarriages before we got successful. She just couldn’t hold the baby and hospital started to look into it. In this time other people she knew were getting pregnant and it hurt her so much. Texts off friends saying they were pregnant were met with all kinds of emotions from happiness to envy and a realisation that she could not be successful. Then we hit the jackpot. Since then there was no more miscarriages and we had another two kids. Getting pregnant isn’t as easy as it seems, especially for some people. Both take your mind off it and I’m sure it will happen.

TLC and RM like this.
  8. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Had a coffee today and not really eaten much. Terrible anxiety and a sense of doom. Feel like something bad is going to happen. Must be the coffee.

9. grampus8myhamster

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Eat something then?

10. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I have .

11. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    Does coffee always set you on edge if you're not eating ?
    I used to do a dozen cups a day of the stuff, I'd spend half my life wired and not sleeping properly. I'd spend the weekend with headaches as I went through withdrawal each week and the constant racing heart felt like always 'on edge'
    I now have a 1 cup a day rule ..... it must be before mid-day or I do without. I'm not a saint it's usually fresh and medium Costa sized so I'm pushing the one cup thing to the limit but inside everything is much calmer without it.
    And sleep - try to get good quality sleep it helps more than I ever thought it would
    xx

RM likes this.
  12. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I’ve started drinking it again lately. I go from tea to coffee and coffee to tea. It doesn’t usually bother me, although my wife can’t drink it because it makes her terrible. I usually eat well, but didn’t have much time today, and when I did have time it was a large coffee and cake. Sleeping is not normally a problem, but last night weren’t great. I’ve been having night nurse the last few nights to help me settle.

13. grampus8myhamster

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Something substantial?

Has eating helped?

14. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Two sausage rolls. Not really no.

15. grampus8myhamster

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Try and get something a bit more than that down you?

And something with a bit of sugar in it to perk you up a bit.

16. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I’ll have my dinner in a bit .

17. grampus8myhamster

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    You've left it very late for dinner, it's nearly tea time!

18. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    Washing that coffee down with a big ole slice of sugary cake really doesn't help caffiene and a sugar rush is even worse xx

19. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Don’t have dinner until after the kids have gone down .

20. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Greggs?