1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Are we still Keane on Robbie?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by ShelfsideYido89, May 30, 2010.

?

Is it time to offload Keano?

1. Yes, he needs to be lepre-gone this summer.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Lepre-non- Give him one crack of the whip this season.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Send him out on Loan again. Cant think of another play on the word leprechaun.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ShelfsideYido89

ShelfsideYido89 Oh when the Spurrrsss....

Supports:
    Super Tottenham from the lane.
    After the undying shame of a 6 month stint in the spl, our fallen idol Robbie Keane is now in a state of limbo. Hes unsure of where hes heading, his head is blurred and hes not sure what path to tread next. As an Irishman hes used to ending most of his nights out like this but this is a story far flung from the merriment of a night orchestrated by Guiness.

Easily still my favourite ever spurs player, after his first spell in which he was integral to Spurs on and off the pitch, in which he wore his heart on his sleeve, earned the adulation of the crowd and became embedded in the very fabric of the club, his second spell has been less then convicning and it seems he is still shaking off the affects of his disastrous spell at Liverpool.

It saddens me to say, that his time might well be up at the lane, and it seems as we shake up world footballl and embark on a champions league adventure next season, were going to have to banish any sentiment and offload him in the summer.

Part of me wishes he hadnt come back now, cos the wonderful standards he set in those first 6 years have been tainted upon his returning as a shadow of his former self. For many, his untouchable hero status was also tarnished due to his defection to liverpool, but after everything he did in his first spell i still welcomed him back with open arms. We used to sing about dreaming of a team of Robbie Keanes, in the wake of his alarming decline, im just dreaming of a team with one Robbie Keane of old in it.

2. Doxzur

Doxzur Guest

I don't think Tottys need him any more, he should go to another club and tottenham should sign a new player to replace him.

3. SUB-Z3R0

SUB-Z3R0 NomNomNom

Supports:
    Chelsea, Spartak Moskva
    Jeez, Shelfside, you can work for the Sun with those catchy thread titles :laugh:

4. ShelfsideYido89

Supports:
    Weve gone over the topic quite a few times and i think theres a fairly recent thread on it, 90% of the reason i made it was so i could use that title. Also get aload of the leprechaun gags ive thrown into the mix.

5. markhyland1

markhyland1 Oh Im not a Doctor!

Awful awful joke about Irish and leprechauns etc :laugh:

But yeah, Robbie needs to go. He's past his best now and needs to move to a mid table premiership side. Personally I think he should go to Celtic permanently. Robbie needs to be the star at a club and he'll be the star up there. He'll hopefully be replaced by someone young with lots of potential

6. Doxzur

Doxzur Guest

Isn't Robbie Keane Irish or Scotish?

7. NavanDrog

NavanDrog I Control The Insects.

Supports:
    Newcastle United, Drogheda United
    :slap:

8. Jonas18

Jonas18 New Member

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    :slap:

9. lennon999

lennon999 The Beast is Here !!!!

Supports:
    Tottenham, Galatasaray
    I think my fellow Spurs fans myself included still feel let down by his decision to move to Liverpool two years ago, some of us will say no way I wanted him to go look at the profit we made that's BS nobody expected him to fail so miserably & be back in 6 months. I bring this point up as it was inevitable that when his form dipped we were gonna get on his back after how he left us but he really is half the player he was before he moved so his future is extremely bleak If he never left us we'd all want him to stay & recapture his form but he did so like me we want him out.

10. DeweyMUFC

DeweyMUFC Guest

Racist *****, atleast we didn't come last in the eurovisions!

11. therocket147

Supports:
    Liverpool Real Madrid
    I think Robbie Keane is to good for the scottish premier league. Would do a decent job for someone like Villa

12. markhyland1

Noone cares about the eurovision

13. markhyland1

I think if Wolves can hold onto Doyle and can somehow afford Robbie's wages, he might move there.

14. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    A club like Villa? Arguably that's the same place we were for this season where he failed miserably.
    I'm sure he hit double figures mind although penalty duty and the 4 goals against Burnley help disguise how poor he was.

I think he probably would move back there.. I hope he go's to Celtic though.

This should be a warning to all footballers following their 'dream' the grass isn't always greener. I was gutted when he left the first time but he's past it.
    I still love Robbie but I'd find it hard to see him struggle in the prem again, let him have his day in Scotland.

They were talking about signing Judas, scrap that and take Robbie.

15. ShelfsideYido89

Supports:
    Im just joshing , im half irish!. And Eurovision died when Wogan left!
    :laugh: Yeh abysmal. Thought id create a link with the poor performances since his return with some piss poor puns.

16. red marauder

red marauder unmasking cyber fascists

Supports:
    cliftonville,spurs,afc craigavon
    the badge on the front is bigger than any name on the back,robbie has had his day time to go.

17. Spud62

Spud62 North Londons pride

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Celtic would be the place for him but they cant afford him, leaving us for the mickeys was the final straw for me and since his return hes done nothing but moan ( on the pitch ) , so its time for us to say goodbye Robbie and thanks for the good times:bye

18. Kiz

Kiz Proud Stander!

Supports:
    Tottenham, Dartford
    i would not cry if he went.