1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Away Support Numbers 2019/20

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Villa Rocker, Aug 3, 2019.

1. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    It's a joke buying away tickets this season. For non loyalty (over 3k games) it's an 80/20 split between season ticket holders and members (members pay £50 to be able to apply for tickets, of which we have around 20,000), no general sale ever. Season ticket portion for Sheff Weds went in 20 mins at £39 per ticket after going onsale yesterday at 10:30.

Everything is luck now, the club need to consider either increasing loyalty or perhaps a ballot rather than just whoever can get through first in such a tight timeframe.

It's also creating a bit of a black market now though as people buy for loyalty and resell on so they get tickets for the smaller allocations etc. God knows what Luton is going to be like as there will only be around 200 tickets available (after away season tickets).

2. JJH.

JJH. Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    Luton will be for people who’ve attended 22 of your last 23 games I think, as to be eligible for one of the 40 returned ASTs you had this year you had to do 23/23 last season and the supply still exceeded the demand.

3. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    Yeah, for those games it makes sense to give to those who do most.

Weds game is annoying though as it's just a case of which season ticket holder can get onto the website fastest. Think a ballot and maybe a day to apply would be fairer. e.g. if you had a work meeting at 10:30 till 11:00 yesterday then you're screwed.

4. JJH.

JJH. Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    Maybe. Who would be allowed to enter the ballot though? There’s 20,000 STHs and 20,000 members currently for 3k+ games so if you’re a ST holder you’ve got a decent ish chance, whereas gold members have very slim. If you chucked that into one, surely people like yourself (presumably a STH) would be less likely to get a ticket?

5. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    We have around 12k Claret members and they have to wait until season ticket holders have had their window. This season they have no chance of away tickets. They do have priority on homes games over season ticket holders who want an additional ticket.

I can imagine it’s a nightmare at Leeds at the moment.

6. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    I'd keep the 80/20 split as it rewards those who've got a season ticket, but in those pots i'd ballot them. So e.g season ticket holders could apply for 80% of the tickets yesterday all day and then that goes into a random ballot, then on Friday the members can all apply and the ballot is on Sat.

There is no way that pleases everyone with the allocations v demand, it just feels a little like its the quickest or luckiest to get into the ticket portal at the moment as some people seem to get straight in and some who try at the same time go into an hours queue, which doesn't really feel fair.

JJH. likes this.
  7. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    So 100% of your away support are Home ST's of the demand is there (which will be every game this year)? Not sure i'd favour that completely as doesn't allow new fans a chance to experience aways.

8. JJH.

JJH. Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    Exactly right. I find it baffling that your fans moan about free for all’s, if you didn’t have them Leeds United aways would be a completely closed shop. Everyone has to start somewhere.

9. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    It’s a closed shop at the moment. It’s not going beyond fans who have 9+ aways from last season . Some will make it to season ticket holders , and the only one that might get beyond that is Newcastle away . Some home games are not making general sale.

10. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    You have the issue with fans reselling to keep up the loyalty? We have cards which are supposed to be checked against tickets but doesn't really stop it.

We've had a few homes that have only gone on sale to members but in general mostly season ticket holders can buy and does go to general sale especially if theres a low allocations away end and we can sell those extra tickets.

11. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    This is not directed at Leeds as much because their away demand is usually pretty high even when not doing so well. These people that moan they can’t get to away games, why didn’t they do the midweek games ? Why didn’t they want a ticket when they could have got one when the team weren’t doing as well? Our away support the last few seasons in the prem was very average. Where were the people then?

JJH. likes this.
  12. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Yep we’ve had all that re sale bullshit.The away scheme got done away with where it happened a lot , but plenty of season ticket holders still sell on their away tickets just to keep up their away attendance record.

13. JJH.

JJH. Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    I agree with you. Last season they sold out everywhere but the one before that they didn’t sell out at your place or at Preston, in previous years they’ve not sold out at Reading, not sold out here and even had 900 odd at Cardiff. Didn’t see people moaning for tickets then.

14. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Exactly

I don’t know which is the fairest way to do things, and you can’t be certain some season ticket holders have done all those away games which is on their account .

15. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    Unsure on us not selling out Villa and Preston, usually no issues with those. Preston is only an hour away so i find that hardest to believe, also Villa as it's a big game... Can believe Reading and Cardiff and possibly Bristol maybe not selling out, especially if in the cup and/or midweek. Would have said maybe a Norwich or Ipswich on a midweek, or Bournmouth as we're not allowed to play at the seaside on a weekend...

16. LUFCAndy

LUFCAndy Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds
    My cousin went to over 10 aways last year and only 4 or 5 were on his ST.

JJH. likes this.
  17. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Bumping other people’s away games up then. You’ve got to do what you do, and I don’t think much can be done about people selling on their away tickets to build up loyalty.

18. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    Preston you had 3500 there midweek and the same season at our place on a Friday night you brought 2200 when the allocation was 2600. I was surprised you never sold out at ours but your season had fell apart by this point after spending the first half of the season at the top.

JJH. likes this.
  19. JJH.

JJH. Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City
    You didn’t sell out either. Both were towards the back end of the season and within a week of each other if memory servers me correctly. Villa you lost 1-0 and Kodjia scored, O’Connor played well for you, Preston I’ve no idea what the score was.

The game you didn’t sell out against us was midweek yes, 700 short of a sellout.

20. Villa Rocker

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    3 seasons ago I remember Leeds not selling out at Sheffield Wednesday for a Saturday morning game. Had 3800 there, but they had got off to a bad start . That’s the season the optimism started because they picked up after a bad start and just missed out on the top 6 after finding themselves occupying it for a while.