1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Barnsley v Forest

Discussion in 'Championship' started by ForestRob, Nov 20, 2020 at 10:54 PM.

1. ForestRob

ForestRob Formerly roberth1117

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Who cares at this stage right? third 1-0 defeat of the year at Oakwell incoming...

2. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I'm going to share the pessimism especially as Barnsley are looking useful this season.

3. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    This is the most nailed on 1-0 home win of the season

4. David Bird

David Bird Registered User

Supports:
    Derby County
    Fancy Barnsley to out wit and out play the red dogs.
    Going for a Barnsley win.

5. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    I've only watched 5 mins of it and can already tell who's going to win

6. Trent Mist

Trent Mist Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Good half from us tbf. Another Spanish striker who can't hit a barn door from 2 yards though. Great.

7. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    To be fair, the first one was a good save. The second one was pub league quality though

8. PreedyPride

PreedyPride Mediocrates

Supports:
    Barnsley
    Today’s MotM award goes to Forest Crossbar...

9. PreedyPride

PreedyPride Mediocrates

Supports:
    Barnsley
  10. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Defensively we are absolute garbage. How Figs keeps getting in ahead of Soh I have no idea and I've defended Christie previously but his defensive performance today was truly shocking. I never expected us to find another Cash but my god, I'm sure we could of got a bit closer than what we have now

11. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    And also has Arter shagged Hughton's wife behind his back in the past or something? Colback and Yates together in the middle is just pointless as they cancel each other, being as defensive as they are, out so why have someone with a bit of attacking intent sat on the bench.

Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford, Reading, Norwich & Brentford are our next 6 games. We could be pinned to the bottom of the table and cut adrift of the rest by the end of that run :laugh:

12. DerbyFanMatt

DerbyFanMatt Persistant underdogs!

Not bottom - just above us though

ForestRob likes this.
  13. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    Ooops we did it again.

maybee likes this.
  14. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    You'll stay up.

15. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I think we'll be ok under Hughton even though we lost today we had more chances than the last two trips to Oakwell combined under Sabri. Today was more about missed opportunities and the fact that we should have been making more of the good spells we had in the game.

Their first goal was a wonderstrike you can't legisilate for that, unfortunately our heads dropped and we forgot how to defend for the 2nd goal. It's our first of many tough games for us today I think we'll pick off enough points though to avoid a season long relegation battle though it's not where we went to be the board need to be patient and let CH slowly build like he did at Brighton.

Well done to Barnsley and Arky btw we looked ok today but you were dangerous going forward, I think you might actually have a nice comfortable season at this level for a change.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Arkwright likes this.
  16. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    It wasn't the attacking threat that concerned me. If it wasn't for a few good stops (not world class as the idiotic Barnsley commentators would have you believe on iFollow) from the Barnsley keeper, then our defensive frailties would have gone unnoticed probably.

My concerns from today are that Figs is shit - he was literally all over the place today and every time the ball went near him it looked like we would concede. From what I saw of Soh in the early days, he showed so much more ability than Figs and I was amazed when Hughton went with Figs. The sooner Worrall is back the better! Christie showed plenty of ability when going forward but also showed how easy he can be caught out by the ball in behind him. Then further forward, whenever Yates has Colback next to him he just disappears and no matter what some of our fans think of Yates, he actually does have plenty to offer - certainly more than 'the only way is backwards' Colback - and would work perfectly with someone like Arter next to him who is a little more box-to-box.

You are of course right about the need for CH to be given time. The reality is that if he can't turn us around (in general terms not just this season), then I don't think there is anyone at this level who can - he is quite simply the best we can ever hope for at this level. The change in our approach is there for all to see - we suddenly look a threat going forward again (Taylor was immense again today and getting Knockaert signed up in Jan is imperative). Just a shame we didn't think to keep Sabri on in a new role of 'Head of the Defensive Department' ;)

17. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    I'm sure our rivals will destabilise us in the next transfer window...Callum Styles and Mowatt will be at Stoke:laugh:
    Nice reaction Forest fans...not like the recent one below..:duke Screenshot (2011).png

18. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    I don't doubt we will but we will be chasing safety at the end of this run of fixtures.
    Will be like shooting practice for the Bournemouth attackers in the week :laugh:

19. David Bird

David Bird Registered User

Supports:
    Derby County
    Christee is a very average defender at best, we got him for 300000, so not a bad deal, but would never want him back, glad the 5 finger gumps have got him. And Hughton already getting flack from the trees Faithfull lol, they really are above there station, been 20 years out the top flight, and think they are still a big team, someone wake the dreamers up for ****s sake.
    And well done to Barnsley glad u beat the scabs, Notts have always been bottle jobs.

#19 David Bird, Nov 22, 2020 at 2:56 AM
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:10 PM
  20. DerbyFanMatt

DerbyFanMatt Persistant underdogs!

To utilise Christie correctly I think you really need to have an offensive formation to get him further up the pitch. As David has so just eloquently pointed out, defending isn’t his strong point therefore if you flip your formation to either counter attacking or full on defensive, then you’ll get a full back who gets caught ball watching or not being correctly positioned.

now get him further up field and you’ll have a really good full back who can carry the ball and open up space for others to exploit