1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benitez to leave Newcastle!

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by SJ Mackem, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Schindler

Schindler Registered twat

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Beyond banter :no:

JoshBCFC likes this.
  2. SJ Mackem

SJ Mackem Jack Ross' Red and White Army!

Supports:
    SAFC
    :laugh:

This reporter on SS knows what he's talking about:

"He knows Bruce will work within the structure that exists at Newcastle, which is basically just Ashley, Lee Charnley [managing director] and the manager. He will be willing to work with them and get on with them, which is crucial seeing as Benitez had absolutely no relationship with Ashley and eventually fell out with Charnley as well.

Ashley also knows Bruce is desperate for the job. He grew up just outside of Newcastle and supported the club as a boy. He has gone on record in the past as saying it's his dream job, so it's not as though they are appointing someone who feels they are doing Newcastle a favour by being there."

So basically what I said in my last post, a yes man willing to steal a living from the club he apparently loves and supports.

I'm quite looking forward to agents Ashley and Bruce becoming a team and working together. I can see the NE derby happening again very soon.

Quentin_Alcock likes this.
  3. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I fancied Wednesday to make the play offs with Bruce. I’d fancy Newcastle to get relegated with Bruce. The blokes not cut out for the premier league. We got pissed on at times in the championship under him when we played some good footballing sides. Terrible appointment, but Ashley will hope he can just keep them up.

Quentin_Alcock likes this.
  4. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    Selling Perez made me think the sale has tanked and that Baron F’ing Geenbacok is not on his way out choosing Bruce is a cheapo move and if we were getting new owners who wanted to go up a gear he certainly wouldn’t be a golden signing for the club.

5. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Oh but we are in a position to laugh, look at the other takeover thread people talking about them doing a Man City and the big 6 becoming a big 7, less than 2 months down the line .... on Twitter they were talking about Mata and Dybala now they are thinking about Colback and probably signing Cattermole :dance:

SJ Mackem likes this.
  6. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    :laugh:

Fair enough. You got me there.

SAFC7777 likes this.
  7. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Apparently we paid the release clause for Perez so there wasn’t anything you could do

8. Adz

Adz ESS AY EFF SEE.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Wrong.

Shane likes this.
  9. tajjuk

tajjuk Registered User

Supports:
    Southampton
    The sad fact is that with the TV money empty seats is pretty meaningless for most clubs, that is why you have clubs like Bournemouth with 12k people turning up able to pay players £100k a week.

Pretty much all PL clubs could afford to let their fans in for way lower ticket prices pretty much considering how much of their turnovers is about TV money not gate receipts.

The Doc likes this.
  10. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Registered User

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    I was having the same conversation with a Geordie not so long ago. Stay away fans no longer hurt clubs at the top level because ticket revenue is no longer a priority to making money.

That said, it still makes me laugh when season ticket holders do a stay away protest

11. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Not a stay away, but a walkout by our fans against Sunderland on 77 mins (representing the £77 planned highest ticket price) led to our owners changing their policy on ticket prices. Terrible PR for them seeing fans leave the ground in a game televised in their home country was what pushed them though I think rather than anything else.

At this stage I doubt Ashley cares too much about bad PR as it's not like he's getting any good, he only appointed Rafa & then invested in the Championship because he wanted the Premier League money again.

Billwill and Redpelt like this.
  12. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    Apart from having contracts written in the first place which stopped us haemorraghing great players :(
    Sadly the club policy seems to be to write them with lots of holes in so things that cost money are easily disposable :(

13. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Bournemouth pay 100k a week? @AFCB-Nutter

14. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    An article in the Sun the other day reported that we were negotiating with Callum Wilson for a new contract on 100k pw, but don't know how much faith to put in that. Ryan Fraser (out of contract in 12 months) wants a big number, reportedly >=100k, to stay. But we're not going that high and so he has rejected what we've offered so far. Hence why he's looking to stay one last year and then move for free to a bumper contract somewhere else. Arsenal being the strongest link.

As far as I'm aware Begovic is our top earner, on around 70k cos he signed from Chelsea. Most of the core squad are around 40-50k and creeping up as the PL seasons tick past.

The point is fair though that our poor home capacity isn't a huge deal at this level, able to turnover 135m a year on rock bottom levels of gate, corporate, and merchandise etc. Which is why the club's priority is getting the new state of the art training centre and academy complex built, whilst only giving the stadium an occasional lick of paint for now. Crap for us fans, but the financial logic is fair.

#214 AFCB-Nutter, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    njmcfc1894 likes this.
  15. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Bruce still not confirmed.

16. Daz_Blade

Daz_Blade Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United, Real Betis
    Local media suggesting Bruce has resigned...

17. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
  18. JaseTheVillain

JaseTheVillain Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    He was on more than that at Villa in the Championship ffs. :laugh:

Also, I see excuses being made for him already... 'Newcastle fans incensed as he spent two years at Sunderland.' Yes, I'm sure that's the reason they don't want him. Same as the reason we wanted him sacked was of course because he was Blues manager, not because the football was shit, and we were also shit. This after he was welcomed warmly and thanked for steadying the ship multiple times, and something most Villans are still thankful to him for.

Leivapool and SAFC7777 like this.
  19. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Bruce’s win rate at Sunderland was less than 30% and that’s despite the fact that, relatively speaking, he was the most backed Sunderland manager since the 1950’s .... but ofcourse we wanted him out because of his Geordie roots, despite the fact we have a statue of a Geordie outside of our stadium.
    In both of his full seasons here we went on shocking post New year runs (which seems to happen at all of his clubs) and in 2010/2011 a team which looked European certs in January were below a Birmingham side who went onto get relegated with 5 games to go. In January 2011 we had a European quality side by the time he left on November the 30th we looked relegation certs. He got rid of Gyan, Bent, Malbranque, Zenden and Henderson and brought a load of crap in to replace them. Ofcourse though the fact he had Geordie roots supersedes all of that .....

SamB_SCFC and JaseTheVillain like this.
  20. smogtilldeath

smogtilldeath Registered User

Supports:
    the 1 and only mighty boro
    bruce can't get by if the club appointing him isn't prepared to throw shit loads of money his way. Had to spend a fortune just to get villa competitive. He put villa seriously in the shit before the new owners came in and waved their magic money wand and ignored ffp.

He's a complete mug and fraud of a manager.

SAFC7777 likes this.