1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Pubs

Discussion in 'Grounds Guide' started by LoyalVale, Nov 1, 2013.

1. McKenna's Wand

McKenna's Wand Registered User

Supports:
    Preston
    I know this is old but bloody hell, if you can't find a drink in Preston then you're doing something badly wrong. Not much around the ground but loads of choice in the centre which is a 20 minute walk away. Miles more choice than Wigan.

FranniesTache likes this.
  2. McKenna's Wand

McKenna's Wand Registered User

Supports:
    Preston
    Just spotted this on Twitter for anyone visiting Deepdale this season, decent little round-up.

Pub_Preston on Twitter

3. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    what's people's recommendations for pubs for away fans at molineux this season? Been a long time since i went (2007 but i won't remind the wolves fans about the score i promise) and imagine it must've changed a fair bit since then @Quirkafleeg

I tend to prefer "proper boozers" instead of the standard yates/spoons, and like my ale too.

4. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg SHERPA VAN STILL GLEAMING...
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    A lot of city centre pubs are home fans only now, You maybe could get into the Great Western without colours. Great Western is the best pub in the city for Real Ale. @FranniesTache

5. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Nice one mate cheers, yeah i never wear colours (haven't done since i was about 14) but the broad 'Aampshire accent might not help me ingratiate myself much ;)

6. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg SHERPA VAN STILL GLEAMING...
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Loads of out of town Wulfs go in there. One of my mates sounds like Ian Holloway the other like Stuart Pearce.

7. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    Poor bastard :laugh:

8. Bleeds

Bleeds I’d genuinely shag Lewis Dunk

Supports:
    BHAFC
    I went to Wolves a few years ago and got told by a copper that the away fan pub was a place called Faces.

We get there and it’s a nightclub above a cinema (I think). 4 bouncers on the door despite there being absolutely no queue. We get a full search before going in, and as we head upstairs we bump in to a few Brighton fans heading down “Good luck lads, it’s shit here” they tell us as they almost run out of the bar.

Now maybe I’m showing my age, or how much of a sheltered life I lead when it comes to clubbing but I thought the whole ‘sticky floors and stinks of sick’ thing was a myth. Faces in Wolves proved me wrong. The place f*cking reeked of vomit, and it was like walking through treacle. We were also the only punters in the place. How a place can be that disgusting at 1:30pm is beyond me.

Walked up to the bar and ordered a pint of fosters as it was that or strongbow. Guy pulls out a plastic pint glass and then walks to the f*cking fridge to get me a 330ml bottle of Fosters. “That’ll be a fiver please, mate.”

We weren’t in there long. The single worst places I’ve drunk at an away game I reckon.

9. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah, I always go in there when i'm waiting for the train, good pub and they have the match on.