1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackburn Rovers V Huddersfield Town

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Blind Bigot, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot Blind & Totally Bigotted

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    Yet another televised game :coolpimp: and one which has added spice for me as my daughters partner is a Blackburn fan. We won't be at the game but we'll watching in a suitable boozer in London.

Bradley Dack is a live-wire so we'll have to be wary of him but I'm sure they'll be others to guard against. However IF we continue on the upward curve we started against Hull City then we can probably come away with something. A pt would be great, 3pts would be brilliant! :salute:

2. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Most of our defence is injured or out on loan (or so it seems :laugh:) but this isn't a new thing! Cunningham a huge loss at LB and likely out for the season now. No Lenihan either for a couple of months apparently. Hoping the team can get back on the up again though following a couple of losses on the bounce and a particularly bad game the last time out. Always an interesting one against Huddersfield. Not a fan of a lunchtime kickoff but hey ho. Not got a clue how this will pan out - should be goals though (Cue 0-0 bore).

3. Ooh-to-be-a...

Ooh-to-be-a... Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    This will be my first away game of the season and after our impressive performance v Hull city I'm really looking forward to it.

Alex Pritchard's fit and raring to go according to Danny Cowley as is Terence Kongolo however reading between the lines I reckon Pritchard has the greater chance of being involved and I've a sneaky feeling Kongolo could be one of the players that will be 'thinned out' come the January window after Cowley stating he likes to work with a 22 man first team squad and we currently have 28 plus he'd bring in a decent fee.

4. terrier4eva

terrier4eva Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    I hope not. Kongolo is one of if not THE best defender in this league.

Was meant to be in a box for this one as Blackburns assistant drinks in me local so know him quite well but can't make it!

A rare weekend off, pub opens at 8am. Bring it on.

Feel confident, I'd say 1-2.

5. terrier4eva

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    No wait, Everytime I'm confident and predict us to win we loose and play shite.

5-0.

6. Ooh-to-be-a...

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    [QUOTE="terrier4eva, post: 9190013, member: 11534"]I hope not. Kongolo is one of if not THE best defender in this league.

Was meant to be in a box for this one as Blackburns assistant drinks in me local so know him quite well but can't make it!

A rare weekend off, pub opens at 8am. Bring it on.

Feel confident, I'd say 1-2.[/QUOTE]

He is without a doubt but it's just a feeling I have after listening to Danny Cowley, i reckon he wants to slim the squad (and the wage bill) plus bring some money in for future team strengthening plus Kongolo is one i haven't heard him wax lyrical about.

First goal could be even more important than usual tomorrow, Rovers get it and it'll boost their fragile confidence and hit ours, we get it and play like the 2nd half against Hull we could run a few in. :hopefully

7. Schindler

Schindler Registered twat

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Brilliant game. Happy with a point tbh. Elphick and Chalobah were both shite. The referee was shite, for Blackburn anyway. Thought the penalty was very very soft for us but I’m not going to complain. Enjoying watching Huddersfield Town again. The turnaround has been remarkable tbh. UTT.

Ooh-to-be-a... likes this.
  8. terrier4eva

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Bit gutted we didn't take the 3 points but it's still a decent away point.

STILL kongolo and Pritchard to come in, will make one hell of a difference.

Ooh-to-be-a... likes this.
  9. deanhoyle

deanhoyle Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Not a good performance but a point is a point.

Cowley needs to give up persisting with Hogg and Chalobah in midfield together. It's a garbage combination. Bacuna has to start on Wednesday

10. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Terrible referee and one of the softest penalties you'll ever see. I was pleased with how we responded after that in the 1st half. We normally crumble a bit going behind and having to chase a game. Poor defence by Huddersfield for our 2nd goal but cracking finish.

Huddersfield were better 2nd half but we should also have done better with the equaliser. A point a fair result on balance though despite the ref.

We played some decent stuff in patches, frustrating in others. Something to build on.

Schindler likes this.
  11. Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot Blind & Totally Bigotted

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    I thought it was a very crappy game with too many stray passes and lacking in shape or pattern. There was a period after Rovers had taken the lead in the first half when I thought they might run away with it, It certainly was their best spell, but thankfully from our point of view we survived until half time. I really don't understand what gets into Elphick's head at times, he's an experienced player who appears to panic and loose his head, which is hardly what you'd expect from a player with his experience. Basically, his cock up let Blackburn into the game.

We played much better in the second 45 but it was poor fare really. Two difficult home games (Yorkshire Derbies) coming up now and a chance to improve both our confidence and our league position. Here's hoping! :D

12. Ooh-to-be-a...

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    I didn't think it was too bad a game really, very soft penalty for us though and at that stage I thought we'd sew it up as we were looking good but a poor defensive mistake let them back in then their tails were up.
    Once again super sub Bacuna comes up with the goods 3 times in a row now :clap: I wonder why he's not starting? fitness levels? Chalobah having to play due to loan rules from Chelsea? maybe he'll get he's chance v Middlesbrough wednesday night.