1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Headphones

Discussion in 'Music' started by Delilah, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Delilah

Delilah Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Stoke City & England
    Not sure if this is the right forum for this or it should be in Technology. Saying that the Tech forum seems pretty dead and I know this forum is quite lively right now so I am hoping someone can help me out?
    I am thinking about getting a set of Bluetooth headphones to use with my iPhone/iPad and maybe my PC but I am not sure what to go for so I am looking for recommendations. I was looking at some of the best ones and have seen these:

Sony WH1000XM3 which I can get here for $395 (£223) - Sony WH-1000XM3 review: an upgrade?

Jabra Elite 85h which I can get here for $349 (£197) - Jabra Elite 85h review: Undercutting the competition

Thinking about it though I am not sure if they are overkill. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination so having top notch sound isn't that important. As long as it doesn't sound crap and is of a decent quality then I am not that bothered. Would be nice to have noise cancelling though as I will be using these on the train and walking through the city on my way to/from work.

Any recommendations off anyone? Cheers

2. Panja

Panja In a land down under

Supports:
    BCFC, you know, the one in Birmingham
    Have a look on the Which site, you’ll get plenty of help in there. Personally, it was my birthday this weekend and I’d promised myself some Bose headphones which retail here for about $350, but after doing a bit of research in the shop and talking to the very helpful staff I opted for the JBL 800 which has almost as good noise cancelling, the sound is great and they were a third of the price..

In short, if you’re not an audiophile then don’t waste your money..

3. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    I picked up some Bluetooth earphones from Asda for about £20. Great battery life and produce decent enough sound for what I need.

I can't see any reason why someone would want to be paying hundreds of pounds for earphones/headphones

4. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    I spent £200 on some Bose wires earphones and they where shit.
    I spent £18 on some Anker wireless earphones and they are honestly the best ones I've owned.

Tomohawk likes this.