1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxing thread

Discussion in 'General Sport' started by Celtic Symphony, Jun 12, 2010.

1. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Gonna be a cracking year for boxing.

2. Marty_LFC

Marty_LFC SMDFTB

Supports:
    USA
    Yeah, I think the rematch was always on the cards, but the date was not confirmed until recently. I will promptly send HBO my money.

3. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    I remember back in December people moaning about the Haye/Bellew rematch being postponed til May 5th as it was the same day as GGG/Canelo. Guess it wasn’t official though. Looking forward to that night.

Groves v Eubank is next big one. Rooting big for Groves.

4. Marty_LFC

Marty_LFC SMDFTB

Supports:
    USA
    Trying to figure out how to watch that one this side of the pond. Would hope they just show it live on HBO or Showtime.

5. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    You’ll find a stream for that for sure bro. Is it well known enough for a channel like HBO to bother with it?

Marty_LFC likes this.
  6. Marty_LFC

Marty_LFC SMDFTB

Supports:
    USA
    Not sure, to be honest. I haven't seen any hype for it at all, sadly. Showtime is usually pretty good about that, especially since it will be in the afternoon here. But yeah, good shout on just grabbing a stream. Will be trolling reddit that day.

RM likes this.
  7. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    The only reason I want Eubank to win is because I love watching him fight and he has massive potential. Both utter bellends though.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  8. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -
    Can't stand the scouse knobhead but he's getting seriously hurt here

Eddie Hearn should have a word with himself putting this on. Already fu*cked brook putting him in with golovkin.

All he's arsed about is a pound note. Shithouse of a promoter who would sell out for a couple of quid

9. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Eddie Hearn is good at getting his fighters the fights they want. Brook wanted the Golovkin fight and you know what? Until his eye socket went (freak injury) he was all over Golovkin and up on every card.

Price v Povetkin is great for Price. He has a glass jaw but he can bang and has a slim punchers chance. Price was going nowhere, but if he wins this, he flies up the rankings and might even get a title shot or a fight against Fury. Hearn has done well for him.

RM likes this.
  10. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    Hearing that Fury will warm up with Tarver then Shannon Briggs most likely.....combined ages of 95.......shame Ali is no longer with us.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  11. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Absolutely mate, this is an incredible opportunity for price. hearn gets unwarranted shit imo but I bet his fighters fckin love him

Price is the epitome of a glass cannon. Good fighter, Big power, but turtles or adopts the featal position I’d hes grazed by a jab. Him and audley Harrison are both so unsuited to being professional fighters lol

This is the fight I’m most looking forward to. My mate spars with Chris, who generally only spars lhws and cws. He has holes in his Game but what people still dont realise is he has his old mans chin! He also has a ridiculous gas tank and has no fear of being hit, which is good because he is very open.
    I expect groves to outbox him as Eubank likes guys that stand in front of him. But this is going to be like the froch fights all over imo. He’ll gas cus he won’t knock him out and then he’ll be in all sorts of trouble.

Think your gonna be dissapointed mike; Eubank by better gas tank and solid chin

#7931 Jonny Ninja, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  12. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Watched Murat gassiev win his World Series semi on itv 4 last night. Another quality fight and sets up a unification clash with usyk in May. Another fckin fantastic fight and after watching gassiev I think it’s a pickem. Can fully understand why bellew ran away from CW to fight haye; he’d get outclassed by probably all of the 4 champions at the start of the tournament

13. Rambo1

Rambo1 Registered User

Supports:
    Hibernian
    Anyone catch the Okolie Chamberlain fight?

I missed it but it sounds like Chamberlain was outclassed?

14. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -
    Awkward to watch, effectively different weight classes.

15. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    He’s a great prospect and hits really hard. There’s Rumours that he floored AJ during sparring, and at 6ft 5 he’s fckin huge for a CW which he can make work for him. Problem he has is the top 4-5 fighters all bang really hard and are mostly far better boxers. The division is probably the most stacked with ww

16. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
  17. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    He's an absolute wanker and I can't stand him.

For anyone who hasn't read the tweet, he's effectively goading Groves by using the fact that his son nearly killed someone in the ring, which is even more disgusting when you consider just how badly the exact same event affected him.

18. Rambo1

Rambo1 Registered User

Supports:
    Hibernian
    Its also stupid as Groves also was in a similar positiom not long ago with Gutknecht who was in a coma and is now in a wheelchair. If he's trying to point score by showing how dangerous his son is then it's just stupidity as Groves has done the same even more recently unfortunately. It's not that the boxers are dangerous per se. Its just a dangeeous sport regardless of who the opponent is. Really hope Groves spanks Jr

19. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Eubank senior is a dick but I do agree with what he says to some of extent; jnr is dangerous to fight against. He doesn’t have massive power and rarely puts people away with one shot. he also has an issue with his right shoulder so he throws uppercuts rather than hooks. Uppercuts are damaging punches to land, and Eubank lands with that right more than anyone I can think of. The spike O’Sullivan fight was hard to watch for me for that reason and there was no real surprise with what happened to nick Blackwell in the fight after. If he had better power it wouldn't be such an issue as he would knock these guys out rather than punishing them for further rounds

20. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Any predictions for the weekend; I’m proper excited and I like both fighters

Groves to dominate early but gas late because he can’t get little Chris out of their. Eubank jnr by late stoppage or points based on granite chin and better stamina