1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Bradford v Bristol Rovers tue

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by ricky76, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ricky76

ricky76 Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Could be a interesting evening at VP on Tuesday we know a win and we are in the play off places has Rotherham and Exeter play each other same eve and we only be 4 points of automatic never have thought that a month back. We have only lost 1 in last 10 and Bristol Rovers are one of the form teams in the league with still a outside chance of their own of reaching the play offs. I hope PP can play same team has in the last 2 games,Wells seems to be back to his best chasing lost causes and unnerving defenders. Davies is a rock at the back and has shown he is too good for this league in recent weeks so I am hoping for another victory but I think this will be a tight affair and Rovers will be less physical than Northampton and try and play more football on the ground. I have stopped predicting results has I have got them wrong but hope I am smiling come 9,30 pm on tues eve.

2. cumberland SHD

cumberland SHD Registered User

Supports:
    Carlisle United
    Hate to say this but that shithead John Ward has done ok for the gas

Bratfud 2-2 Gas

3. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    The gas ain't that far off the play-offs so that's some turnaround since Ward took over. :thumb Bradford 1 Rovers 2.

4. VintageGas

VintageGas Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    I'm quietly nervous about the game now I must admit. When we were meant to play originally a couple of weeks back I had never even considered that we had even an outside chance of making the play-offs, so it was just 'another' game at the time. Now, however, with how close we are to the top 7 it's a totally different kettle of fish and Gasheads are slowly beginning to dream again. It means that what we have to play for is exactly the same as Bradford, making it very interesting indeed.

We certainly won't be overly physical like Northampton are and yes we will try and keep the ball on the floor as that's what suits the players we have available to us. I'm really not sure how it's going to go. I'm not as confident as I would be if we still had John-Joe O'Toole and didn't have to contend with our captain Tom Parkes being suspended, but I'm sure we'll give it a good go. Like you Ricky, I've given up on predicting!

Just hoping that we can pull off a bit of a shock and get a result.

5. ThePompeyMaster

ThePompeyMaster New Member

Supports:
    Portsmouth
    Don't you need to update the signature laddy?

6. Vale Till I Die

Vale Till I Die Registered User

Supports:
    Port Vale Fc
    2-2 in a close game

7. VintageGas

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    I really do and have just remembered how to do it. I thought it would be on the edit profile section but it's not!

Amended now though, much better if I do say so myself.

8. Didcot-Ox

Didcot-Ox Registered User

Supports:
    Oxford united
    Must win game for Bradford, even though Bristol Rovers are safe im sure they will want to continue there reasonable run of form.

Prediction: Bradford 2-1 Bristol Rovers

9. Abbomf

Abbomf Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Credit to Rovers, it seems like yesterday that I thought that they were dead and buried. :thumb

But, we are now playing well, Meredith back means that we have a very good back four again. Listening to the team tannoy read out v Northampton and it wasn't far off a linear 1 to 11, always a good sign. Our wingers and attackers are now firing and we have options on the bench if needed, and whatever bench it is, it will be very strong indeed, my guess is it'll be, Duke, Connell, Hines, Doyle & Atkinson, the first 4 would stroll into most good L2 teams.

Bradford win.

10. Cartman

Cartman Registered User

Supports:
    Chesterfield
    draw please

11. Mighty Bantam

Mighty Bantam Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Will be a really tough game tomorrow. We can win but i don't know if we can cope with that pacy striker of theirs. (forgot his name) If we can win we go 4 points clear of Chesterfield where we visit saturday, so if we get the worst possible result there they still can't overtake us. We're in abit of form at the right time and we can win any game in this league just hope we have the consistency.

12. VintageGas

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Leaving Bristol at half 1 to get up to VP in plenty of time. Already slightly nervous now! Didn't expect to be because I have no expectation of reaching the play-offs but I just get the sense that 3 points tonight gives us a blooming good chance.

It'll be a good one guys. Enjoy it.

13. LEF

LEF Censored

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    I remember the last time Rovers got promoted they crept into the top seven right at the death following a magnificent turn of form, having had a fairly indifferent season up until then.

It looks as though history may repeat itself.

14. Wibsey Bantam

Wibsey Bantam Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    This will be a tough game for both teams,John ward has done a great job turning rovers around.Has for us its no fluke we are picking up form again after our league cup heroics and getting some of our injured players back,we were 3rd before the all the Arsenal tie.I really fancy us to nick that last play off spot,although i reckon it will be a tight 2 1 to win for us tonight.Have a safe trip up to West Yorkshire rovers fans!

15. Abbomf

Abbomf Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    :eeek L2's form team blown away..........

Could have been over after 20 minutes tbh, credit to Rovers they had to go for broke, but we are on top form and took advantage of the space they left us. 2 cracking saves from Johnny Mac kept us from getting worried.:thumb

16. BCFC~McPeake

BCFC~McPeake Cool for cats.

Supports:
    Bradford City
  17. Mighty Bantam

Mighty Bantam Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    You can see why they win games and have come along way. Jonny mac made two great saves. Fair enough we could of had more than 3 at HT too but they aren't a bad side, one of the better sides to visit VP. we were great tonight, every player gave there all and we are on a great run of form. Playing like we did tonight we can beat anyone. Nice comments from ward after the game: "Bradford will take some stopping if they keep playing like that. They were far too strong for us." Hope the lad who got stretchered off hasn't got a bad injury too. Maybe your seasons over this year but i expect you to be right up there next.

18. Gatti

Gatti Active Member

Supports:
    Burnley
    How is Zavon Hines getting on for Bradford? he being used as a super sub
    be a good season for Bradford if they reach and win the play offs and a cup final

19. Cartman

Cartman Registered User

Supports:
    Chesterfield

to be fair, we were top of the form table (last 6 games) before tonight (albeit on goal difference form Brizzle Rovers)

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/CurrentForm/0,,10794~201226,00.html

20. Abbomf

Abbomf Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Hines has great skill but flits in and out of the game, you can clearly see why he's played at a higher level, but also why he's now in L2.

Fair enough, looking forward to Saturday, hopefully you'll get extra tickets sorted for us sooner rather than later.