1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello Guest. We'd appreciate your feedback on some proposed changes we have in mind for the Championship, League One and League Two forums. Please take a moment to read the proposals, and make your comments here: Clicky Clicky
    Dismiss Notice

Bradford v Millwall - League One Play-off Final

Discussion in 'League One' started by No-One Likes Us, May 9, 2017.

1. No-One Likes Us

No-One Likes Us Super Neil Harris

Supports:
    Millwall
    Just bought my tickets for this, so let's get a thread started. The replies may make double figures, who knows.

Bradford were the team I wanted to avoid, we haven't beaten them on the last four occasions we've played and they're usually cagey games. Our attacking performances at Bristol and Scunthorpe should certainly give us cause for optimism though.

To lose two playoff finals in a row would be pretty hard to take, and while being in this division isn't the world ending disaster some Millwall fans think it is, it would be great to go up and try and crack the thirty point barrier next season.

Fun fact: Bradford's last game at Championship level was a 1-0 defeat at the Den in 2004. Well, it's a fact anyway.

2. The Rev Skyblue

The Rev Skyblue Registered User

Supports:
    Coventry City
    Good luck to you both.
    At least football at this level is entertaining, mostly. Have you seen the entertainment the Prem offers, this season its worse than watching grass grow, I would rather watch the skyblues play and that is saying something after this season.
    The Prem has been bloody awful so I'm looking forward to watching this final as I know both teams will at least give it all.

3. Sean4393

Sean4393 Registered User

Supports:
    Birmingham City
    Think this will be a great final, as @No-One Likes Us says two play off defeats in a row will hurt Milwall.

I havent been to Bradford so from a 'ticking off grounds' point of view i'd like to see them win however another big smoke away day thrown into the mix is also pretty tasty.

Good luck to both.

4. JamieB

JamieB PS3 - bantamigo

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Got my tickets this morning too, hotel booked straight away Sundays game. Looking forward to it!
    While Millwall don't want to lose two play off finals in a row, we don't want to lose to Millwall for the second time (or third) after they beat us over two legs last year.
    Technically we're a much better team than last season but both league games have shown there's nothing between the teams.
    Will be another close game I would have thought. Just hope Wyke finds his scoring boots again and Alex Jones is fit.

5. Boubla

Boubla Registered User

Supports:
    Brentford
    Good luck Millwall. It's a very northern looking Championship next season, even more so if you don't win and Fulham go up.

6. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Sold 16k yesterday, can't see the full 38k going though.

Can't wait for this, two nights down there and it'll certainly be eventful should we win.

Don't think we'll do it though, Millwall are a good side and after last year they'll want it even more.

7. Ramblins

Ramblins Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    Given the amount of draws Bradford have had this season this has got penalty shoot-out written all over it.

Enjoy the day and good luck

8. Jockney

Jockney Bomber Jackett

Supports:
    Millwall
    Got a great record of beating Yorkshire (or close enough) teams in the semi-finals. Got a terrible record of beating them in the actual final.

It would be hilarious if we went up this season. We have looked ragged as **** and, bar the cup run and the play-off games, completely out of ideas. Whoever loses this game is in for a world of hurt next year, I think. Don't think either fanbase can cope with another year at this level after going so close twice in a row.

9. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    You say a world of hurt, but with a solid base, minted Germans and Wyke & Jones we're gonna piss this league if we play in it.

10. No-One Likes Us

No-One Likes Us Super Neil Harris

Supports:
    Millwall
    Couple of sleeps to go, starting to get nervy now. From reading our forums, a lot of Millwall are confident, which doesn't usually bode well.

11. Daz_Blade

Daz_Blade Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United, Real Betis
    I'm one of (seemingly) few who don't actually mind Millwall but I have two very good friends who are Bradford fans so I'd like them to come up with us for that reason alone.

All the best to both of you, enjoy your day out!

12. Burg

Burg Ain't Nobody Like Tom Cairney

Supports:
    Fulham
    Buzzing for this, should be a cracker.

Come on Millwall.....

13. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Want Bradford to win because they've more than done their time in the lower leagues but I also don't mind Millwall and wouldn't be sad if they came up either. If there's one thing you can say for them they're certainly not bland!

14. Swindon_Chaz

Swindon_Chaz Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon
    Come on Millwall

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. Attaboy

Attaboy Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield
    Good luck today Bradford, be good to have you in the Yorkshire Championship next season. Hopefully we won't be there though!

16. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Don't have a preference who wins i just hope it's a good game for us neutrals.

17. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Surprised the top tier's mostly empty on both sides.

18. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Forest hate you too

Supports:
    Forest
    Two big clubs who should be in the Championship. I'd like to see Bradford do it as like SamB said they've done their time.

19. PAFC1886

PAFC1886 Registered User

Supports:
    Plymouth Argyle
  20. PAFC1886

PAFC1886 Registered User

Supports:
    Plymouth Argyle
    Thought these were two big clubs? Top tier is empty. Loads of empty seats in the bottom two tiers also.