1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit What should happen?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by johnnyT, Nov 16, 2018.

?

What should happen now

1. Leave with May's deal

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. 2nd referendum weve changed our mind

40 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Cancel it altogether

29 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. No Deal **** the EU and lefty snowflakes

36 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    How is your blood pressure?

I hope you don't need to be on a long term medication for it any time soon because stocks of medications for a lot of these have run out or been stopped because they can't get them any more. My aunt is on her 3rd type of medication in 6 months and keeps being told that the one she was on is no longer available to the NHS because suppliers aren't shipping to the UK because of Brexit ...... the same with HRT meds and umpteen others before you get to big ones, the cancer medications. It's happening all over the UK with so many medications and so many people.

This isn't project fear it's reality but that doesn't work with the Brexit agenda does it .........

FranniesTache likes this.
  2. grampus8myhamster

grampus8myhamster Registered User

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Same thing has been happening to my fiance with some medication she needs regularly.

She's now hopping from one medication to the next as and when the one she is on runs out and has been told the same thing re: stocks running out due to the uncertainty of Brexit.

3. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Well the EU dont seem to care otherwise they would have given us a deal.

Who would want to stay in a bloc like that?

Most of the world live outside the EU i wonder how they cope.

4. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    They did, our parliament just choose not to accept it.

5. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Sorry to hear that. It's sad that many Brexiteers care little about the human cost of leaving, just like many of the leading Remainers cared so little about the impact that their austerity policies had on people. As flies to wanton boys are we to the Gods.

FranniesTache likes this.
  6. JaseTheVillain

JaseTheVillain Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I have noticed, that although I am still (thankfully) getting my same medications, I'm getting all kinds of different brands of them recently. Whether that's a supplier issue, or the others are just cheaper, I don't know. I couldn't cope without my meds, so I hope things are sorted soon.

7. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Leavers are a cult.
    Boris isn't even asking for a deal anymore. He's putting personal and people that bankrolled him into powers wallets ahead of people's lives. Remainers are proud to be British, that's why we don't want to see the country fail, which 90% of analysis currently points to and all we get back from Leavers is "project fear", it's like you're in some weird death cult.

8. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Ive sat on the fence for this process as I don't really care whether we stay in or out. However, the bolded bit is laughable nonsense. Both leavers and remainers are only thinking about themselves in all of this. In some ways that is expected because people will vote on their own personal circumstances. but neither side is willing to empathise with why people want to stay/leave. you are both as igmorant as each other. Both sides are constantly slinging mud and exaggerating the truth. Both sides have acted undemocratic. The similarities are everywhere but the irony is neither side can see it, or should I say admit it!

#5468 Jonny Ninja, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    FranniesTache and Andy SFC like this.
  9. Andy SFC

Andy SFC Registered User

Supports:
    Stevenage
    Blind ignorance will do that to people. Like yourself, not bothered any which way but loose, I get called a lefty Remoaner by some but all i've done is look at what is actually happening rather than what MP's spout off on Sky News or QT. I don't know what Bojo will do here, May was not a good liar and I just sat back and enjoyed watching her fall flat on her face. Think the same will happen with Boris as i just don't think the Tory bigwigs are up for this and they have far more sway over party, MP's and members than any PM will ever have. Without big business on board I don't see the Tories budging one way or the other and reckon we will just float up to about 2nd week in October and then ask for extension again.

10. RedDevilsShinja

RedDevilsShinja End Forced Debt + Fiat. Return to Gold

Supports:
    Manchester United
    You're not a lefty remoaner? JohnnyT will be so upset.

11. TLC

Staff Member

Supports:
    I have the same problem with my medication the brand changes each month and as a result my blood results bounce all over the place each month because they don’t all work in the same way. With each bounce the risk grows of the thyroid failing completely.

Stable medication supply is vital for a lot of conditions where it takes months to stabilise the response to medications.

It’s time BOTH sides accepted responsibility for their bullshit lies that misled people before the vote and stopped blaming each other for the mess their lies have made of people’s lives and livelihoods.

This mess will cost lives because it wasn’t done with honour by either side.

12. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Only 25% of our food comes from EU.

We have more Supermarkets per head than any other EU member.

Why would the UK get 25% of its food through 1 port Calais its madness.

It needs to change if the French workers go on strike at Calais who will the remainers blame then?

Country needs a kick up the arse and Brexit is doing it.

13. TLC

Staff Member

Supports:
    squirrel.gif
    SQUIRREL :laugh:

johnnyT likes this.
  14. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    We should make the jocks and Welsh pay for prescriptions and tution fees as well.

Why should i pay for Saltires meds.?

15. TLC

Staff Member

Supports:
    :laugh:
    Divert.png

16. tajjuk

tajjuk Registered User

Supports:
    Southampton
    Many of those are the same people, they just oddly differ very much on the EU, but Johnson and Mogg et all would have all been voting for all Osbourne's austerity policies without a second thought and Farage wants to get rid of the NHS for a US private healthcare system.(that literally kills people who don't have enough money)

At the end of the day its never been about us or the country for most of them, its been about money and power, Cameron wanted to shut up the eurosceptics in his party for good to keep his power and keep making his mates money. Johnson and Farage want us out of the EU so they can tie up deals with corporations free from EU protections for workers, the environment, tax avoidance etc. so they can make them and their mates money.

17. Copacetic

Copacetic Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    The appeal next week is in the Supreme Court so that’s the end of it. No further appeals allowed.

18. PorkchopExpress

PorkchopExpress The Blackfish

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Assuming what you have written is correct (I'm confident it isn't), then we would be living in a country that only has 75% of its usual food supply. That will result in shortages.

On top of that, I doubt it is equally split over all foods, and it is likely some foods come almost entirely fromthe EU. These will be near impossible to come by in that case.

19. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Notice there wasnt dozens of reporters outside the NI court who said remainers are talking bollox.

All project fear lefty media bias makes you want to leave more and more.

How dare you i research all my opinions.

60% of our food is grown here.
    15% non EU
    25% EU

Most of that 25% is fresh fruit and veg.

I say again what if Calais port goes on strike ?and it has before ......why didnt we all die then?

20. Andy SFC

Andy SFC Registered User

Supports:
    Stevenage
    He'll still use it, it's his go to line whenever the conversation gets too grown up for him :laugh: