1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit What should happen?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by johnnyT, Nov 16, 2018.

?

What should happen now

1. Leave with May's deal

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. 2nd referendum weve changed our mind

40 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Cancel it altogether

29 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. No Deal **** the EU and lefty snowflakes

36 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Now The Lib Dems want to appoint a happiness minister they really are batshit crazy :laugh: How do they inted to make the millions of us who voted to leave happy ffs?
    Their leader reckons she'll be PM by Christmas :roflmao I wasn't sure wether to post that in here or in the joke thread :laugh:

2. Flip Duckling

Flip Duckling Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Imagine exuding a confident winning mentality as a leader.

3. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Or being away with the fairies.

4. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I think they could have continued with the position of supporting a PV and gone after the Tory Remainers, and even leavers who believe Johnson has gone too far for them. The LDs had a good chance of taking Labour moderates with that position as well. I thought they could have won more seats, and given themselves a base of voters

Now they seem to have given up on any of the leave vote, and might come across as being too extreme or simply electioneering for moderate Tories who want to support a serious party. At the same time they are taking on ex Tory MPs who might put off more progressive voters, and even disillusion some of their liberal voters. They seem to be gambling that people will vote for them purely to revoke A50, but I would have imagined they'd already got most of those voters already.

Its not easy for them, but I think they had other options.

5. NorfolkSaddler

NorfolkSaddler Registered User

Supports:
    Walsall
    _108843883_defectors.jpg
    Is it just me or does Dr Phillip Lee (ex Tory MP) look like he is sat there thinking "what the f**k have I done" ?
    This is the picture taken whilst Jo, I hate liberals and democrats, Swinson was winding up her cauldron.

6. NorfolkSaddler

Supports:
    Walsall

Which is going to get her nowhere when she loses her seat to the SNP at the next election, like before, but hey ho she is good for comedy factor.

7. Flip Duckling

Supports:
    Manchester United
    So she shouldn't promote a positive outlook for herself and her party? :laugh: I'm pretty sure people respond to a confident leader, not a defeatist one. This is like taking the piss out of a butcher for cutting meat.

8. MrE

MrE Registered User

Supports:
    He'd just had to piss in the gender neutral toilets there.

johnnyT and NorfolkSaddler like this.
  9. NorfolkSaddler

Supports:
    Walsall

So you agree with her pipe dreams of winning over 300 seats at the next election then ?
    Can't fault your mis-guided faith I suppose.
    I hope you like disappointment.

10. Flip Duckling

Supports:
    Manchester United
    No, I don't agree with her. She's just doing what's required of a political leader. Should she hide in her shell and dismiss her party? :laugh:

I'm not Lib Dem either, div.

johnnyT likes this.
  11. NorfolkSaddler

Supports:
    Walsall
    Resorting to insults a la typical Flippant.
    Where exactly did I refer to you as a "Lib" ?
    I merely asked if you agreed with her on her claim that she will win over 300 seats, obviously that is above your debating skills and you have to resort to childish insults.
    I apologise for thinking you may be able to act like an adult and reply but obviously you can't.
    So on this matter I bid you good bye so you can go and patronize other posters as you normally do 24/7.
    Toodle pip.

johnnyT likes this.
  12. Flip Duckling

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I wasn't debating anything. Unless you think any political leader showing confidence and belief is an actual debate.

I answered your question about the seats. I said no. The "div" remark was due to you patronisingly going on about my "misguided belief" and incoming "disappointment".

You tried to act clever and it backfired.

13. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
  14. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    If nothing else, a GE will serve as an effective second referendum on EU membership. You have the Brexit Party and the Cons positioned with “carry on and think positively”, Labour with “no hard Brexit, maybe none at all or maybe with a deal” or the LDs with “no Brexit, full stop”.

If any one of those parties gets an overall majority I think it’s safe to say the public position will be quite clear. Brexit/Cons - no deal is fine. Labour - probably leave but with a deal please. LDs - remain.

15. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    So the losers get a chance of another referendum because?

16. NorfolkSaddler

Supports:
    Walsall
    There is being confident and there is bordering on the ridiculous which we both know Swinson is the latter.

The only person here trying to act clever is yourself and you are showing yourself up, so if I was you I would consider the matter finished and move on to whatever you wind people up with otherwise.
    On a final note Flippant, I really couldn't really give two swings of a monkeys testicles what you think of me.
    I have my own personal opinion of you which I keep to myself, wouldn't want you moistening your comfort blanket if I told you.
    As I said before toodle pip.
    I am sure our paths will cross again very soon.

johnnyT likes this.
  17. The Doc

The Doc #freegabrielheinze

Supports:
    Manchester United
    One of the problems of using a GE for the purposes of an effective second referendum, and sadly the way the country has positioned itself in general is that it is only one factor of a GE campaign.

A big one for certain but shouldn't be the only one.

There are plenty of other policies that people should be voting on in a GE.

Papa Francesco likes this.
  18. Flip Duckling

Supports:
    Manchester United
    :laugh:

What the **** is that?

19. MrE

MrE Registered User

Supports:
    None of them will get a majority. What about if the Conservatives and Labour both make losses (nothing major) and the Lib Dems are the only of the three to make gains. But they are still the third party in seats and votes, as will be the case.

What is that a vote for, if we treat it as a proxy referendum?

Either way, General Elections are always issue based and this will end up being no different imo.

20. TAFKAP

TAFKAP Where's Adim?
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Spurs
    Let’s be honest, no issue other than Brexit will be the voters’ focus in any GE before Brexit is either done or binned. The sole reason Johnson wants one is to get a parliamentary majority for his Brexit policy, and the sole reason Labour don’t want one is because they won’t get a parliamentary majority whilst their members and voters are so split on their Brexit policy. Nothing else matters, because everything else which may make up policy (or at the very least economic policy) is reliant on being either in or out of the EU.

So IMO this GE will be different. It is a full-on “what is your opinion on Brexit” GE.

As for what a hung parliament means, that’s pretty simple too. It means the politicians can’t agree, the populace can’t agree and we’re all ****ed for eternity while we argue about it on Twitter, Facebook and FF.

I agree mate, but that’s the world we find ourselves in right now. We are in a single-issue political cycle, and the vast majority of the population will vote on Brexit policy alone.

What other policies have we heard about since the commons vote on a GE? Nothing on education. Nothing on the environment. Nothing on housing.

Brexit, Brexit, Brexit.

It shouldn’t be the only issue, but it’s become such a divisive one that it basically is, for now, the only issue people are talking about.

Democracy isn’t about winners and losers. It’s not a sports match, or a quiz show. This is real life determining the impact on real lives, and people are allowed to change their minds as more evidence is presented to them.

#5580 TAFKAP, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    tajjuk likes this.