1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit What should happen?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by johnnyT, Nov 16, 2018.

?

What should happen now

1. Leave with May's deal

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. 2nd referendum weve changed our mind

39 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Cancel it altogether

29 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. No Deal **** the EU and lefty snowflakes

38 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. BullensBlue

BullensBlue Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    You and your fellow Brexiteers who repeat this nonsense are on a different planet! :laugh: It's staggering that you can keep on typing this utter drivel.

The UK are 1 Nation, going up against 27 other Nations, yes 27. 2 of those Nations are France, but more significantly GERMANY, who have the 4th biggest economy in the world.

Liam Fox as recent as September was disagreeing with Phillip Hammond's assertion that a no deal would damage the economy, and yet in the last few days, with the deadline looming, and with our Government having been embarrassed, Brexiteers like him have realised it's time to face the truth and stop spouting rubbish that can be picked apart in 2 seconds. He now claims a deal is better than no deal.

May's problem all along was thinking these people had any credibility at all when they're bare faced liars and have been terrible in serving this country at this critical time

Johnson - a coward who ran away
    Farage - a coward who ran away
    Davis - a coward who ran away
    Raab - a coward who ran away
    Fox and Gove - brown nosers who spouted shite for years, but have shown themselves up for the snakes they are.

This lot, Cameron and Osborne really have brought shame on this Country.

JTC77 and Flip Duckling like this.
  2. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    With who specifically out of curiosity? Which countries do you think the UK is losing out on trade from due to the EU as things stand? And which countries, or regions, would be the top targets of post-Brexit trade deals and why?

3. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Back this up

4. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Why does the EU need the UK? Sounds like a load of bollocks if you need me. Somebody enlighten me as I’m not educated on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    They’d lose a load of trade with Ireland and vice versa I know that much anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I think there could be significant change, but that would require a significant change in our position. For example if we were to go back and say we accept all four freedoms (including FM of labour) then there would be scope for the EU to move significantly as well. However, that is very unlikely, as as our side doesn't appear to be up for further concessions the EU wont be either.

There is nothing stopping us doing that already.

7. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    We can cripple the EU if we wanted, cripple them.
    [​IMG]

#67 johnnyT, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Monkey likes this.
  8. BullensBlue

Supports:
    Everton
    Yes we can, and they can put us in a coma.

Lisbon 67 likes this.
  9. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    We are the 4th biggest importer from the EU .............we hold the Aces.

Monkey likes this.
  10. JTC77

JTC77 Ugistered Reser

Supports:
    Manchester United
    53% of the UK's imports came from the EU in 2017. That's a large proportion of our supply chain. Due to the EU 27 having a larger combined economy than the UK, that represents around 8% of the EU27 exports.
    44% of our goods and services go to the EU.

We don't hold any aces. We are holding card high and our high card is a 4. We have just gone all in.

Everything you might want to know about the UK's trade with the EU

EDIT: We've played our hand and its too late to change our mind as far as I'm concerned. I wanted to fold, but I was outvoted. Its not like we have thrown our house and life savings in the pot. Its big loss that I'd rather avoid, but its not the end of the world, and we were told once we put our money in the pot we couldn't take it back out.

#70 JTC77, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    BullensBlue likes this.
  11. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    I voted no deal but not sure wtf it's got to do with lefties as the poll puts it?..I'm a leftie so sod off fascists.

JTC77 likes this.
  12. Andy SFC

Andy SFC Registered User

Supports:
    Stevenage
    Basically anyone who didn't vote Brexit, doesn't like Trump or doesn't chant Oh Tommy, Tommy while coked of their tits is now a leftie. Guess I am as well.

JTC77, FranniesTache and Arkwright like this.
  13. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Both Sides lied! Cameron /Osborne tried their best to terrify people in to voting remain. It didn't work, and most of it was overblown bullshit. And how many people actually changed their vote due to the leave propaganda from either side?

I was for a 2nd referendum, but thinking about it rationally Im not. As much as I think the referendum was a mistake, we made our choices and leave won by over 2m votes. We can't re run the vote because people are upset about it. A large reason as to why we are in the current situation is because a big part of the country hasn't accepted the result, and due to this there has been no unity.
    Another vote, whether its the same or to remain will cause further issues and division. We can't keep running the vote until we get the result we want

JTC77, Mowgli, johnnyT and 1 other person like this.
  14. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    This is still as untrue as when I corrected you last week.

15. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Who gives a fck by how many it was!

johnnyT likes this.
  16. RedDevilsShinja

RedDevilsShinja In need of a new username

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I'm fine with whatever way they do it as long as we're no longer in the customs union, the ECJ no longer rule and we aren't rule takes. If the country has it's own sovereingty I couldn't give a **** about the minutia as it'll be a success.

And how does the EU pay for all it's bullshit when it's second largest net contributor, market and massive importer no longer does any of that?

Because he's a complete pussy and they're all shit scared of No Deal as they're less interested in doing the right thing and more interested in keeping power.

Farage who has no Parliamentary power? The rest quitting is perfectly fine for me, I hold nothing against them for not wanting to back an agreement that they fundementally dissagree with. I hold nothing against Cameron and Osborne, the referendum had to be held eventually it was becoming too much of a pressing issue to ignore it forever, and I respect them both for not wanting to try and negotiate something that they don't believe is the correct thing for the country, and thus stepping down to let somebody else try. The issue is is the snake that is Gove stabbed Johnson in the back (who could have won vs May) and that we got May in charge at all.

There are currently 34 countries with free trade with the EU, the US is not one of those, so there's one for a start, but I want us to have free trade with the whole world excluding Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Cuba and Venezuela.

The EU will become insolvent when we leave.

17. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    @BoroWill your taking a kicking here son.........pmsl

Monkey likes this.
  18. RedDevilsShinja

RedDevilsShinja In need of a new username

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Great post, I agree with everything here.

It does my head in when people keep parroting on about the lies vote leave spewed when both sides lied through their teeth, just like what polticians do everytime there's a vote.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  19. Andy SFC

Andy SFC Registered User

Supports:
    Stevenage
    I agree but we need to have a referendum with options on it that are actually going to be carried out by the government and just leaving the EU clearly isn't on their agenda.

20. BullensBlue

Supports:
    Everton
    No it's not. It's because the Brexit dream was a load of bollocks which couldn't be delivered.

Why would (just less than) half the country unite with the other half (just over) when they knew what they'd voted for was going to put us in a worse position?

Elements likes this.