1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Brighton & H A vs Stoke C

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Perseus, Nov 15, 2017.

1. DFP

DFP Registered Peruser

Supports:
    Brighton
    Still trying to make out Dunk’s not very good, it’s very endearing :laugh:

2. Perseus

Perseus Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion

Usually we defend corners zonally, with some man-to-man. Something went wrong again. Stoke are strong in the air (not just against Brighton) and we will not be the only team that comes a cropper. Generally, the signing of Duffy has prevented the high corner to far post resulting in goals but we lost a goal at Leicester this season as well. And messed up a set piece in the last minutes v Everton..

The accurate long ball over the top did for us twice last season as well v Brentford (McLeod) and Newcastle (Ritchie). And those goals did not have the touch of good fortune of this one.

Danger bells did not ring out on Stoke's defensive midfield and Stoke ceded central midfield at times. Brighton mucked up more chances than we had against West Ham. Stoke's three man defence did not seem so bad (cf. Everton & West Ham were much worse) but playing three at the back was exploited for the second equaliser and the warning signs occurred at least twice before the goal.

Playing three at the back is a calculated gamble. I think Brighton showed exactly why it is flawed! Basically, it was like giving us a goal for nothing.

Failure to win our home games could get us relegated. It is not as though the opposition (except Man City) is much better than the Championship so far. We can only afford to draw six of our home games against the 14 and we have already drawn three out of five.

#42 Perseus, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  3. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    I didn't say that though did I? You cheeky bugger.

I simply said Chupa-Moting's touch made Dunk fall on his arse, which it did.

#43 Kirby, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  4. DFP

DFP Registered Peruser

Supports:
    Brighton
    I’m not sure Motorbike knew where it was either tbf. I haven’t watched the ‘highlights’ yet so maybe I’m doing him a disservice.

5. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    It was a thing of beauty. Especially Shakira's pass.

6. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    DFP isn't doing it justice.

Zouma scores. Runs to the corner in front of the home fans.
    Stoke players run to him to celebrate.
    Ref tells them to get back for kick off.
    Stoke players start to leave.
    Two stoke players dance around for a full 25-30 seconds.
    Zouma takes 5 steps back and then decides he needs to kneel down, kiss the grass and pray.
    Player who wasn't involved in the goal or the dance celebration also decides to join in.

Zouma had a shot in the second half and I was so relieved it didn't go in, just so I didn't have to watch that shite again.

#46 BleedsIsDead, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    DFP likes this.
  7. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    I know I’ve watched it I didn’t think it was that bad but to be fair if I was going off purely your description it sounds bad :laugh: for some reason I didn’t bother me as much live

8. DFP

DFP Registered Peruser

Supports:
    Brighton
    Bleeds has done it much more justice than I did :laugh: it’s annoying me more every time I think about it ffs!

Donnyrovers90 likes this.
  9. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    You've also got to remember we'd just conceded and the c*nt was doing it right in front of me. I have no problem with people praying after they score, but if you're going to do it then don't a f*cking minutes worth of celebrating first.

DFP and Donnyrovers90 like this.