1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Brighton v Barnsley

Discussion in 'Championship' started by BleedsIsDead, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    I fancy Barnsley to brush Brighton aside here

DFP likes this.
  2. Nightmare

Nightmare I Have A Dream

Supports:
    Barnsley Football Club
    Been like a kid at Christmas all week, I love away days, just can't wait for this one, going to bed in a minute but can't see me sleeping well i never do before a away game I'm just too giddy, up at 04-44 for a shower and scrambled egg on toast before setting off at 05-30 just put mi 8 cans in freezer ready for train down, mi clobbers ironed new trainers are laced up ready to just need this 6 hour to piss off now,.

YOU REDS

3. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    I'm the exact same before a big away game. Nowt better than that "here we go..." feeling when you meet your mates and crack open your first can.

Hope you have a good day apart from the 90 minutes at The Amex.

4. JamesTyke

JamesTyke Registered User

Supports:
    Barnsley
    Just about to set off. No cans for me as I'm taking the long journey as an opportunity to study the double-entry bookkeeping module of my course :cool:

3 points would be very welcome after that.

5. whitelion

whitelion In adversity strength

Supports:
    Brighton
    I see Percy has started his own thread so I'll post on this one.

Brighton one change from lineup at Burton. Murray in for Murphy.

Looking forward to this.

6. TykeThat

TykeThat Registered User

Supports:
    Barnsley
    First ever back to back losses under Hecky... I'm not worried. We are still in a really good position right now, we were always going to hit a poor patch. Still not exactly the whipping boys we were expected to be, onwards and upwards to the home game against Villa!

7. blue

blue Registered User

FFS Murray should have scored 4

8. BleedsIsDead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    Disappointed with Barnsley. Guess we caught them on a bad day as they were woeful. On the other hand, Dunk didn't put a foot wrong, Stephens was superb and yet again Knockeart was unplayable. Absolutely out of this world. Our first goal was incredible too. Brilliant breakaway.

Roll on Ipswich!

9. DFP

DFP Registered Peruser

Supports:
    Brighton
    Enjoyed that, took my motorbike so I skipped the traffic too. FO Percy :)

10. Davep

Davep Guest

He is a talent knocky.
    Hope he gets a better crack in the top flight. (If he signs for Norwich that is);)

11. BleedsIsDead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    The FA need to act pal, playing him is paramount on cheating. Nobody can get near him in this league :laugh:

12. JamesTyke

JamesTyke Registered User

Supports:
    Barnsley
    We were gash yesterday by our usual standards, first time this season we've looked inferior allover the pitch and that I can categorically say we deserved nothing from the game. Just a bad day at the office where we did none of the things we're usually good at, which is a shame given it was a 400 mile round trip to see us put in our worst performance of the season.

Brighton are a good side and will turnover most teams at the AMEX if they play like that as standard. Knockaert is a quality player at this level but our leftback Kpekawa gave him far, far too much time on the ball and showed him too much respect. The two goals were laughably soft, especially the first which started with a scuffed ball across THEIR back four which should have been snuffed out.

I'd be surprised if Brighton didn't finish at least in the play-offs. We're better than yesterday suggested though. We'll lose more games like this against better sides on the day but we've more than enough not to have to worry about the bottom 3. Onto Villa.

DFP likes this.
  13. rogue

rogue Guest

Barnsley were poo

Can see them slipping down the table now.

14. Alvin

Alvin Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion

I doubt it's much consolation but I was surprised by your numbers and noise. Not bad at all.

You gotta say, that was some performance by Knocky eh? It was almost like Vicente (swoon) was back in the stripes.

15. Turkey

Turkey Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Brighton & Hove Albion
    That was fun. Thought Barnsley turned up full of confidence, getting numbers forward, pressing high and showing no fear. It was fun seeing that confidence and attitude evaporate as we soaked up their pressing and then hit an accurate long ball taking out half their team and hitting them on the counter.

Then some of our passing and movement was superb and the glances between their defenders of '****ing hell, thank **** that broke down' was quite fun to see. Thought we showed them what sort of level they need to reach if they want to be play-off contenders but so long as their heads don't drop and they continue to play with confidence they should do alright this season.

16. Ronny_Glavin

Ronny_Glavin 125 mediocre years of BFC

Supports:
    Barnsley FC
    Brighton gave us a schooling yesterday.

Not too bad of a result as we have come away from Brighton much worse off before, especially considering we just didn't turn up. The first goal was one of type of goals that we are going to concede alot of playing the way we do.

For a side with virtually no experience at this level we are in a dodgy position now, as long as they keep their heads up we will be just fine. Villa and Leeds are two tough games but we are good enough to come out of them with 6 points, we might not get any. BUt trust me we are alot better than last time we were here.

Sam Winnall is yet to win a header this season or hold the ball up or play a decent pass. As much as I love him I think his mini tantrum at been subbed yesterday is because he knows he is struggling. I'd be resting him now and going with Watkins and Armstrong or Bradshaw who all offer much more. We have got to find a partnership and stick with it.

17. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    We've never done well vs hoofball......:)