1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Bundesliga 2010-2011 season thread....

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by zippy, Aug 23, 2010.

1. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    No they were expected to struggle. They are currently leading Stuttgart 2-1 with 5 minutes to go which would send them second. The lads in my local are dreaming of europe :laugh:.

Edit: Final score, Hannover - Stuttgart 2-1.

#181 zippy, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
  2. Learning

Learning Registered User

Supports:
    Barca
    Then u missed a lot of great football :) Some say the best ever seen :)

At least Im reading Bayern played well. I still hope they can catch up. I often like to go for the underdog for some season and this season Bayern is that!

So zippy sorry if I may be repeating. But once again I am just wondering, what the hell is wrong with Bayern? I concluded sometime last season that Van Gaal isnt good for Bayern, but that quickly changed in the second half of the season. But I think it was largely due to Robben's amazing form. This year without him, Bayern look so much weaker. Im not sure why players like Muller who was outstanding in the WC, have been below par, and Kroos who is rated so highly, doesnt seem to fit his reputation. And Ribery keeps saying hes not happy under Van Gaal?

3. Learning

Learning Registered User

Supports:
    Barca
    Then u missed a lot of great football :) Some say the best ever seen :)

At least Im reading Bayern played well. I still hope they can catch up. I often like to go for the underdog for some season and this season Bayern is that!

So zippy sorry if I may be repeating. But once again I am just wondering, what the hell is wrong with Bayern? I concluded sometime last season that Van Gaal isnt good for Bayern, but that quickly changed in the second half of the season. But I think it was largely due to Robben's amazing form. This year without him, Bayern look so much weaker. Im not sure why players like Muller who was outstanding in the WC, have been below par, and Kroos who is rated so highly, doesnt seem to fit his reputation. And Ribery keeps saying hes not happy under Van Gaal?

4. zippy

Supports:
    A - Then some haven't seen much football, despite the fact that Barcelona played superbly.

B - We have had a lot of injuries (at one point 8 of the first team), Ribery has only just got back to form after being injured. Today we didn't have a single fit striker so Müller had to play up front.
    Müller isn't playing badly but he is still young it was inevitable he couldn't keep up last season's form without a blip or two. Of course we miss Robben, any team would but he will be back in January and is already in full training. Kroos is still settling in after returning from Leverkusen but is playing quite well. Franck Ribery is happy, he simply said he wants the freedom to move around the pitch more.
    He scored two in midweek and one today so he's doing fine.
    As for van Gaal, not buying a defender in summer was a mistake but on the whole we are very happy with him as trainer.

5. peter40

peter40 Registered User

Supports:
    Bayern Munich
    is it true that schweini just anounced that he extended his contract?

6. safcrhys

safcrhys Ha'way The Lads

Supports:
    Sunderland
    In the centre of Bayern's crest, what do those little white diamonds set against a blue background represent?

7. Tshabs

Tshabs Fears Heights

Supports:
    West Ham
    The flag of Bavaria is like that I think. Even BMW have a similar logo.

8. zippy

Supports:
    Yes !!

9. RD4L

RD4L We've won it 19 times

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Bullshit much? I.S.Y.C.M.T.S.U. :laugh:

10. zippy

Supports:
    Yes it is the Bavarian colours and part of Bavaria's coat of arms.

P.S. A Bavarian always says white and blue never blue and white.

Attached Files:

11. Learning

Learning Registered User

Supports:
    Barca
    Well but these injuries and blips and failure to sign players have almost lost Bayern the title already...although to be fair, Dortmund has come out from nowhere and just cant stop winning games which is I guess none of Bayern's fault! :p

12. zippy

Supports:
    Interesting to see that Bayern fans demonstrated against signing Manuel Neuer yesterday too.

13. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg Wolves Ay We.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Pleasing to see Hertha get back on track with a good 2-0 win over a fellow title rival..

14. safcrhys

safcrhys Ha'way The Lads

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Any good games to look out for over the weekend then?

15. zippy

Supports:
    Gladbach - HSV 1-2

Wolfsburg - Hoffenheim 2-2
    Frankfurt - Dortmund 1-0
    Nürnberg - Hannover 3-1
    Schalke - Köln 3-0
    Bremen - Lautern 1-2
    St Pauli - Mainz 2-4

Leverkusen - Freiburg
    Stuttgart - Bayern

#195 zippy, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010
  16. zippy

Supports:
    Bayern rumoured to be signing Hoffenheim's Luis Gustavo in the winter break in exchange for €10 million and Klose.

17. RiccardoPiccio

RiccardoPiccio Registered User

Supports:
    Wigan Athletic
    Im really in surprise at Gladbach being bottom

They have some decent players there

Bradley impressed me at the World Cup for U.S.A and i was surprised when he chose Gladbach over a number of other clubs who wanted him
    Arango for years at Mallorca was one of the Spanish's leagues most underrated players and it was a real coup for Gladbach to sign him when they did
    Marco Reus is quite a promising youngster
    I have also heard good raps about the keeper Logan Bailly and Karim Matmour.

Wolfsburg fought back from 2 down to get a 2-2 draw today at Hoffenheim, wonder how much longer they will persist with McClaren, he does need time but given the money spent this summer and the players they already had at the club i would have thought Champions League would have been the minimum expectation this season.

Schalke won their 3rd straight game 3-0 against Cologne and end the first half of the year on a high.

Good news for Bayern and the chasing pack too as Frankfurt defeat Dortmund 1-0 today. A chance to reduce the gap that must be taken by Bayern.

18. poacher

poacher Forza Walsall!

Supports:
    Walsall
    I've got to say Zippy i'm very suprised by how relaxed you are considering your team are having such a crap season so far.

Do you represent the mood of Bayern fans as a whole or are the rest of them a bit more restless?

I can't imagine fans of the big clubs in England or Italy being so laid back!

(p.s. I'm not criticising you or having pop, just curious as to why a fan of a big club is so laid back)

19. zippy

Supports:
    Rumour has it that he could well have been out had they lost yesterday, so Dzeko literally saved him at the last minute with his 90th minute equaliser.

Well we have had a lot of injuries, at one point 8 of the first team, Robben has missed the entire first half of the season, Ribery has only just returned, we have only one fit striker (Gomez).
    On top of that we haven't been playing that badly, we just haven't finished teams off when we had them on the ropes. We were the best side over 90 minutes against Dortmund, we battered Schalke for an hour yet somehow lost both games.
    We are still in the cup and comfortably won our group in the CL, (Dortmund are out of the cup and out of europe).

We have a great squad when fit, Schweinsteiger, Müller, Lahm, Ribery, Kroos etc are all tied to long contracts and I'm sure that we will finish in the top three. Catching BVB will be very difficult but we can go one year without the title and not chuck the toys out the pram.

I'm not one for howling for the trainer's head. The fans are totally behind van Gaal and the board tbh, I've heard very little dissent other than everyone calling for a couple of new defenders in the winter break.
    We all expect a big improvement in the second half of the season.

20. Spud62

Spud62 North Londons pride

Supports:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    St Pauli are in free-fall :(