1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bundesliga 2018-2019 season thread :

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by Dirk, Jun 29, 2018.

1. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    Well that's HSV doomed to a second season in Bl 2.

2. Philip The Frog

Philip The Frog Registered User

Supports:
    Groundhopping
    I'll admit I didn't see that coming. Really thought them and Köln woud walk this league. The terrible GD a huge bleak point for a side wanting to get promotion.

Great to have Paderborn/Union in their spot though!

3. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Based on what did you have had the impression that HSV would "walk the league"? Tell me, please, because I never had this feeling. It was clear right from the beginning of the season that we wouldn't walk the league when we lost our first ever Bundesliga 2 match at home with 0-3 against Holstein Kiel. Yes, we were at #1 spot after the first half (and many weeks after that) but most of our wins were narrow, only the 4-0 win in the Derby against St.Pauli was convincing.

We have the youngest team in the league and their lack of experience showed especially in the last months.
    We had to fight for nearly every win this season (except the mentioned St.Pauli match).

Anyway, I'll keep now my fingers crossed that Union Berlin gets the #2 spot and direct promotion (they have to play in Bochum whereas Paderborn plays in Dresden). They've never played in the Bundesliga 1 before so it would be nice to see a new club there!

btw: Frankfurt just lost against Mainz 0-2 and gets down to #6 spot. Now even the Europa League is in danger because they have to play at Bayern. They'll need at least a draw at Bayern if Hoffenheim wins at Mainz and Wolfsburg wins at home against Augsburg. Otherwise they'll be out of Europe next season and a fantastic season ends with nothing.

4. zippy

Supports:
    Paderborn deserve it Union Berlin are unwashed lefties so it's Paderborn for me !

5. zippy

Supports:
    Look on the bright side, it's Hamburg's best second division season ever !

Philip The Frog likes this.
  6. Bukaneros

Bukaneros Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal, Standard Liège
    Haha as an unwashed lefty and a Union sympathiser, I wish!...do you realise there are probably more antifa in Paderborn's ultras than Union's right? And that Union's largest hooligan group has Right tendencies. Hell, they hate the Pankow Panzerdivision as much for their links to the Stasi in the past as for their current obsession with Neo-Nazism. And they don't exactly have huge sympathies for Sankt-Pauli given the high concentration of Pauli "ultras" in Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain, etc. :lame:

Totally going to Bochum for the promotion party, although I doubt Dresden will do them a favour. They are already going to miss one derby with the Maggies gone. Soon they will only have Aue left.

Dirk likes this.
  7. zippy

Supports:
    No I don't because I don't really care, however I despise the left wing extremist scumbags of antifurz and they really do need a wash. Dreadlocked dirty workshy c#nts.

As for St Paul's, don't get me started.

8. Bukaneros

Supports:
    Arsenal, Standard Liège
    Lol your German team's main ultra group Shickeria Munchen...in Pauli block

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. zippy

Supports:
    Shickeria are a pile of shit, nothing to do with me, I hate the sad bastards.I'm old school Kleinostheim and Südkurve 73,.

10. Bukaneros

Supports:
    Arsenal, Standard Liège
    Then maybe you can understand that terraces in pretty much every major German club with a few exceptions are heterogeneous politically and you can keep your politics outside of BuLi talk.

You are litterally the right-wing version of the Pauli guilt trippers...at least they have a sense of trolling and self-awareness as evidenced by their antics in Dresden...

11. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    :laugh:, Ja ich weiß. "Wer den Schaden hat, braucht für den Spott nicht zu sorgen" ;).

Anyway, I can live with that. This year marks my 50th year of supporting HSV. I've seen the absolute highs (in the late 70's and early 80's) and now we have a decade of absolute lows. That's football.
    I'll still going to the matches nonetheless, even if they'll go down further (and if you only count the 2nd half season we would be relegated). Next weekend I'm at the Volkspark as usual although the match has no value anymore: Duisburg is relegated and we won't get #3 spot (unless we win 12-0 and Union lose 0-10 :D).

@Bukaneros : Welcome to the Bundesliga thread. :duke

12. Bukaneros

Supports:
    Arsenal, Standard Liège
    Thanks! A shame you had to stay down but it might mean a few of us manage to catch the next Hamburg derby...truly one of the better German fixtures. Also I think you would have a better chance against Stuttgart than both Union and Paderborn. But let's see, I can still see Union sneeking past.

Surprised FC Koln have gone for the Regensburg manager. OK he managed to humiliate both HSV and them at their own patches but are they really that limited in terms of budget. Like what Kaucinski did was more impressive IMO...they only trailed off after the derby humiliation.

13. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Nice from you to say that but tbh it's deserved that we stay in Bundesliga 2. We were outplayed in the last matches, especially against Union and now at Paderborn.

Really?

I really hope so. Berlin needs another Bundesliga 1 team,again, to give boring Hertha some challenge

Don't get me started about the sacking of coaches. They sacked Markus Anfang when they were still on #1. We sacked Coach Christian Titz after the 0-5 against Regensburg because "the management didn't believe anymore that we'll get promoted with him" and replaced him with Wolf. That worked well ;)

14. Bukaneros

Supports:
    Arsenal, Standard Liège
    I mean I think its nice to have at least one Hamburg club in the BuLi, especially with SVW still there. But then I'd also rather have the Hamburg derby as a fixture on the calendar than not, especially after all these years.

And yeah I think you could beat Stuttgart in it because you have much more experience in these do or die fixtures. Sure you got roasted by Paderborn but I think when its more high profile opposition both the players and the management seem to raise their game.

That'll be interesting to see how the two clubs view each other. The hardcores of both sides definitely don't like each other but the general sentiment is that Hertha would find it harder to digest Union's promotion. They really need a new stadium tbh, the Olympiastadion has run its course and its not like Berlin doesn't have space unlike most capitals. Their support is often derided but their pound for pound one of the best away support in the West. They just have a shit stadium.

Dirk likes this.
  15. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Why did Köln sack their manager?

Even in the modern era of getting rid of the boss at the drop of a hat that seems very drastic considering they were top!

Some sort of boardroom/manager spat maybe...

16. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    You're right. Germany's 2nd biggest city has to have at least one club in the Bundesliga. Yes, having a Derby against St.Pauli after all these years was nice but I'm also missing the Nord Derby against our Archrivals from the "other Hanseatic City"

Yes, Hertha is a riddle. Big club in a big city but rarely in the top of the Bundesliga and with no Bundesliga Championships. Had their best years in the mid 1920's and early 1930's when they appeared in most finals of the German Championship (and won their only 2 titles back to back in 1930 and 31).

I've mentioned it in my post #323 Bundesliga 2018-2019 season thread :.
    The boardroom panicked a bit at the end of the season (like ours in autumn) but they were still comfortably at #1. It was typical "FC Kölle" behaviour, Carnival club sometimes.

17. zippy

Supports:
    Indeed, preferably Altona 93 :smokin:. Seriously I'd be happy to see HSV back up but we really don't want the great unwashed from the Flakturm lowering the tone of the place, we have certain standards up here !

18. Bukaneros

Supports:
    Arsenal, Standard Liège
    Koln also have a pretty entitled fanbase, perhaps more so than HSV since they made it to Europe. It doesn't help any managers situation there although it seems the fans have finally turned on the boardroom.

19. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Good old Flakturm IV :laugh:

I know why you would be happy to see HSV back in Bundesliga 1: 0-6, 0-8, 0-5, 0-8 (the last 4 HSV results at the Allianz Arena) ;)

btw: I could already :sick: again when I read the news and the usual inability of the management. "Wolf sacked! No, not sacked! False quoted by Bild (only "maybe sacked") etc.... Jesus Christ, they'll never learn, it seems. I miss the Günter Netzer days as Manager of the HSV

20. zippy

Supports:
    I miss his haircut !