1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bundesliga 2018-2019 season thread :

Discussion in 'General Worldwide Football Discussion' started by Dirk, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    We all knew that they would lose games sooner or later but I hadn't expected this against Fortuna. Congrats though for a brave effort. And Lukebakio again (he already scored 3-times against Bayern). Zimmer's goal was a pure beauty.

Gladbach won 2-0 at home against Nürnberg, so the gap is shortened to 6 points. And Friday both play against each other in the last match of the year.

Bayern tomorrow against Leipzig. Unfortunately Leipzig is away not as good as at home so I don't expect much from then. But maybe they'll surprise me (just like they did when they bottled it against Rosenborg in the final minutes in the Europa League :D )

#121 Dirk, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  2. DarkMagician

DarkMagician #TheFinalPiece

Supports:
    Manchester United, Crvena Zvezda
    6 point gap now between 1st and the next two. Shame.

Some good news at least, Jovic scored a brace against Mainz. Level with Paco as Bundesliga's top goalscorer. :)

3. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    A pity that Bayern scored at the end. Although a deserved win I really had hoped that Leipzig would secure the 0-0 but in the last minutes they really were confused in the defense. Great save from Gulasic against Kimmich's header and minutes later against Sanches shot but unfortunately a defender kicked the deflected ball right to Ribery.

Had to laugh about Ilsanker and Sanches. Ilsanker came as a sub in the 81st minute, 2 minutes later Bayern scored and 7 minutes later he got a red card. Same as Sanches who came in the 61 minute and got a yellow and then a second yellow after a violent conduct against Ilsanker. :D

Anyway

I hope he scores some more in the last match of the year against Bayern. Maybe they can stop the recent Bayern run of 4 wins in a row.

Schalke lost again, this time 1-2 against Leverkusen at home.

#123 Dirk, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  4. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Dortmund back on the winning track. 2-1 against the other Borussia. Fingers crossed for Eintracht Frankfurt to get a good result today against Bayern.

BuLi 2: Köln lost again at home (3rd loss now, even worse than HSV at home). Means that HSV will stay on top no matter the outcome of tomorrow's Northern Derby against Holstein Kiel (remember: We lost our 1st ever match in the 2nd Bundesliga with 0-3 against the Storks. )

5. DarkMagician

Supports:
    Dear God, are teams starting to bend over to Bayern again? Useless Eintracht.

Didn't catch the clash between Borussia clubs last night. Great result, and fantastic first half of the season for Dortmund. I'd say the only regret is not holding on for a win against Hertha at home, and that abysmal performance against Fortuna.

Tougher part is coming. Against all the top 5 teams, they will play away from home in the second half of the season. Very, very long way to go for them.

6. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    I watched this, Reus was always a threat but the star man was Sancho, what a special talent he is!

Florian Neuhaus was utter garbage, loads of misplaced passes, looks like he still has a long way to go.

Dortmund back on track, I think we all hope they get the title!

7. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    yes, was a shit game from him. Substituted way too late. He had a similar match against Hoffenheim but midweeks against Nürnberg he was okay (from what I could see in the summary and match reports and notes). Notably that he hasn't any assist in these last 3 matches, happened only at the beginning of the season. Then he had one in nearly every 1-2 matches

We can only hope. Bayern today with a 3-0 away win, 5th win in a row. Although they had 2 really "Duseltore" (sorry, no suitable translation available atm) from Ribery and Rafinha at the end and the win was too high they clearly left their short crisis behind. Not so good news for the Bundesliga. 6 points sounds a lot, but if this goes down to 3 before the 2nd Bayern vs Dortmund match then I have no hope for a change (sounds a bit dramatic but you know what I mean). Actually Bayern's goal difference is worse than Dortmund's but they didn't concede a goal in the last 4 matches (and scored 11) and Dortmund couldn't keep a clean sheet in the last four matches.

#127 Dirk, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  8. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    @Mani: Holstein did it again. This time they kindly allowed us to score a goal ;).
    Kudos! Deserved win for Holstein. No question about that!

In 18 matches we conceded only 19 Goals, 6 against Holstein and 5 against Jahn Regensburg, 8 against the other 15 clubs.

And Union Berlin got their first defeat of the season. Only bloody St.Pauli won from the top4

Bayer Leverkusen sacked coach Heiko Herrlich today, although they won their last 2 matches and advanced in the Europa League. And replaced him with Peter Bosz (who was sacked last season at Dortmund). Unbelievable this plastic club.

#128 Dirk, Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Mani likes this.
  9. Mani

Mani ¡Leeds Carajo!

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Great result for Die Störche against you. Didn’t expect that result to be honest.

Kiel have had a funny season but are looking good for the play offs again. Although looking at the table there’s some huge teams looking for those play off spots

Dirk likes this.
  10. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    yes, 5th place now, only 4 points away from the #3 playoff spot (which is actually St.Pauli). Shows that they aren't a one season wonder after all. And this after they lost their coach and some key players. Good work. Tbh I am not even a bit angry that we lost against them. Doesn't happen often (especially not when we're outplayed 2-times in a season, then I am normally very :smackhead . Not this time. )

Mani likes this.
  11. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Bundesliga starts again this Friday, only 3 1/2 weeks winter break, thank god (2nd Bundesliga starts on January 29th, though).

Bayern away at Hoffenheim will mark the start of the 2nd half of the campaign. It's shown on German Free TV ZDF (only the 1st match and the start of then 2nd half are nowadays shown on Free TV, all others on Sky Germany or this DAZN streaming channel ).

Hopefully Bayern have lost a bit of their recent good form at the end of the 1st half with 5 wins in a row. They can win every match in the Championsleague if they like but not in the Bundesliga.....please :D

12. DarkMagician

Supports:
    Great minds think alike. ;)

13. Michoz

Michoz Registered User

Supports:
    Corinthians
    I think it's a matter of time for Bayern to run into Dortmund. The squad difference is still big between the both.

14. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    @Michoz: Welcome here. You took your time with your first post. ;)
    Great that you've chosen the Bundesliga thread for this important step, always nice to see "new" faces here. Hope you'll stay.

Corinthians fan? There was recently some talk that Corinthians Talent Pedrinho would join Dortmund. But as usual it was denied immediately by Dortmund Officials. Don't know the actual situation, though.

#134 Dirk, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  15. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Nope, they haven't.
    3-1 win at Hoffenheim (who were unbeaten for 10 Games before this match(but with 5 draws in a row tbh). First half yesterday was total domination. Hoffenheim totally awed and the 2-0 at halftime was lucky for them. Second half they were way better and scored and nearly made the equalizer. But you just know that Bayern would score at the end.

So, Dortmund this evening already under pressure at Leipzig. A loss would see their gap reduced to 3 points. Better win this thing today.

16. DarkMagician

Supports:
    Mentioned him several times already but Jovic has delivered again. Now lonely at the top of best goalscorers for this season's Bundesliga.

Leipzig had no losses at home this season until today so that's a big win for Dortmund. They have done a marvelous job in the "big" games this season. It's going to be tougher now as they have to play away against all the other teams in the top five, but they started the second half of the season well.

Where was Reus? :ohnoes

17. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Twisted his ankle on Friday as far as I've read. I had the same feeling( :ohnoes ) when I turned on the TV for the live match a bit late and found no Reus in the starting team.

Alcacer nearly made another substitution goal with his "Wembley goal" (but we've now goalline technology and no russian linesman who hates the Germans :D )

Important win, especially because Leipzig haven't lost so far at home. 6 pts gap still stands. Good!

DarkMagician likes this.
  18. Schindlers Pissed

Schindlers Pissed Championship here we come.

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Wie geht es Hamburger in dieser Saison dann Dirk Kumpel

19. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    We will catch them, I can see it coming. Four months ago I didn't think so but now I'm sure we will catch them.

20. Dirk

Dirk Wir kommen wieder!

Supports:
    Hamburger SV
    Good so far. Top of Bundesliga 2 and we had a long win streak just until the last match (s. above) against our northern neighbours from Kiel who tortured us twice now. But overall I am satisfied with the performance of our young squad (the youngest in the 2nd Buli). Crowd average is 50.000 that's not too bad for the 2nd tier. Still 16 matches to play (we'll start in 10 days at home against Sandhausen). hopefully we'll come back to the top flight next season

Schau an, schau an, wer wieder da ist. Willkommen zurück, zippy.

Bayern can of course still win this whole thing but I really hope they won't. Just as I mentioned it last week here in one of my post, I'll keep my fingers crossed for them in the Champions League against Liverpool and for winning the Champions League (except when they play against Dortmund) but for the sake of the Bundesliga I hope they won't win the German Championship again. Would be a bad sign for the future (and the confidence of all the other clubs and fans) when they could win it although once 9 points behind. But if one team can reach this then it is Bayern.

Schindlers Pissed likes this.